Fort Lauderdale to Miami Shuttle

Danbee46

In September we will be sailing on the Divina for the second time. It's most convenient for us to fly into Fort Lauderdale and then take a shuttle to Miami. I'd like to get some recommendations for shuttle services between those two places, both private and multiple party shuttles. Thanks in advance.

Edited by Danbee46

In September we will be sailing on the Divina for the second time. It's most convenient for us to fly into Fort Lauderdale and then take a shuttle to Miami. I'd like to get some recommendations for shuttle services between those two places, both private and multiple party shuttles. Thanks in advance.

I did cab/very smal limo form FLL 80$

Shuttle are 20$ each

Check the Florida Departures board. There are several recomendations there. One shuttle was only $15pp, but prices may have gone up. Some people recommend renting a car one way and doing some local touring. Afew rental car companies will drop you at the ship in Miami.

We are on a November Divina cruise, and may also be flying to Ft. Lauderdale. I've seen other postings advertising the "Tri-Rail" (easy to Google). It is a rail service commuter train that connects all 3 major airports (and many stops in between), but even Palm Beach to Miami costs $6.50 per person according to their fare finder. Then, transportation from the Miami station (airport) is just a short cab or van fare away. Probably what we will do...

We are on a November Divina cruise, and may also be flying to Ft. Lauderdale. I've seen other postings advertising the "Tri-Rail" (easy to Google). It is a rail service commuter train that connects all 3 major airports (and many stops in between), but even Palm Beach to Miami costs $6.50 per person according to their fare finder. Then, transportation from the Miami station (airport) is just a short cab or van fare away. Probably what we will do...

Tri-Rail from FLL to POM is not an easy or quick trip - first you'll shuttle from FLL to the FLL Tri-Rail station, then ride to the MIA station, then switch to the local Miami transport to downtown and then cab (about $13+) to POM or cab from MIA to POM for $24+

Shared shuttle service for the 40 or so minute trip from FLL to POM is readily availble from SAS (www.ridesas.com), Go Airport Shuttle, QLS, MJS and others often suggested on these boards. Fares start at about $15 per person each way - yes, they can also get you from POM back to FLL after your cruise.

I highly recommend gomjstrans.com for only $13 pp to POM. We used them last November and am taking their shuttle next Sunday to board the Breeze at POM. Brand new, air-conditioned Mercedes vans and good service.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have used MJS and have nothing but positive things to say. My driver has been Jeff and its been the best ride out there. I traveled on QLS and SAS before and heard about MJS here on these boards and decided to try them. What a great find.

We've also used SAS (http://www.ridesas.com) and never had a problem. I highly recommend them. They have great customer service (Steve), and the van driver always calls me as soon as we land to let me know their close by or sitting offsite, and to call when we have their luggage. They have never been more than 5-10 minutes picking us up. The drivers are very helpful with the luggage, courteous, and drive in a safe manner on going to and fro. On the return, its the same way, and I always use then when flying into FLL and going to MCO, or vice-versa.

SAS Transportation: 1 (954) 600-0240

I know MJS will take you to Miami hotels from FLL but i can't be certain about the others. I would guess they all would.

Sent from my SCH-i705 using Tapatalk

Is MJS right outside the FLL airport to the right or do you have to contact them in advance?

Is MJS right outside the FLL airport to the right or do you have to contact them in advance?

You would have to contact them and schedule a pick up. The website is gomjstrans.com.

Sent from my SCH-i705 using Tapatalk

Hi,:) you will have to contact any of the private companies ahead of time.

The only one I know of that is always there and you don't need to contact them is GO SHUTTLE. Just know, their service is a shared

ride (for the lower price) so you may have to wait for them to fill up

the van before they leave.

Happened to me a long time ago........and after waiting for them

to fill up, I ended up being the last person dropped off:rolleyes:.....it was

not enjoyable....went to a local neighborhood.....then went to the

Miami airport and then took me to my hotel.

I would pay the price for a private car.

Hi,:) you will have to contact any of the private companies ahead of time.

The only one I know of that is always there and you don't need to contact them is GO SHUTTLE. Just know, their service is a shared

ride (for the lower price) so you may have to wait for them to fill up

the van before they leave.

Happened to me a long time ago........and after waiting for them

to fill up, I ended up being the last person dropped off:rolleyes:.....it was

not enjoyable....went to a local neighborhood.....then went to the

Miami airport and then took me to my hotel.

I would pay the price for a private car.

do you have a number or email for mj? thanks for your help.

do you have a number or email for mj? thanks for your help.

Nope, sorry I don't. I have never used them before but I believe

someone posted their email. Or remember google is your friend:)

Google MJS in Ft. Lauderdale and see what pops up.

Yes, the website in the above post........gomjstrans.com.

Edited by Lois R