QM2 New Shows?

Jimsgirl

If you have been on board QM2 this month, please inform us if the new shows have been performed, how many are new, and how did you like them.

It was rumoured that new shows with new performers would start this month.

Thank you

Lynn

p.s. I board July 6th .

My wife and I disembarked from the Q.M.2 this morning after doing a round transatlantic trip. On Wednesday evening the Belinda King singers and dancers preformed their final show Apassionata which was brill as per usual, I am sure they will be missed, we can only hope that the new troop will preform egually as good.

We spoke to one of the dancers who told us that they were being disbanded effective today and that they would have to re audition.

That is the entertainment highlight as far as I am concerned.

They are at least consistent.

You cannot say that for any of the comedians nor the crooners. That kind of entertainment is akin to Butlins.

I will be interested to see how you find the new shows Lynn.

I'd half expect the group to still be the "Cunard Singers and Dancers" and that the same shows will be performed. Is this the first time the contract for performers has changed?

You may be right. The new performers will likely be called the "Cunard Singers and Dancers," regardless of the name of the company that supplies them. Whether the shows stay depends on who owns them.

Before the King group, there was "Broadway Bound." At least one of their shows was done by the King performers in 2012 on the Australia cruise. "Hit Me With a Hot Note" was old when QE2 was retired, but it was dragged it out because they need a wider variety of shows for the long segments of the world cruise.

So if Cunard holds the rights to Apassionata, it may appear yet again.

Apassionata is not a new show. It's been around for a few years now.

I was just saying Apassionata was the last show, we have seen it may times during our 40 cruises with Cunard an never did we get tired of it.

we just came from the eastbound crossing and there was a new to us show called "crazy in love" which we liked a lot.

The music comes from playback which we enjoyed compared to the Big Band which is to us more a marching band :D

Apassionata was still showing with renewed singers group but we did not want to go there for our 3rd time.

There was also the quite good "The Beatles experience" which we have known from QE already and Gipsy Violinist was again there.

Edited by Yoshikitty

I remember Rock at the Opera on QM2. At the time it was a very interesting show too.

We liked that one too which we saw on our first cruise in 2008 but it must have ended that year because it wasn't shown the following year.

Apassionata and Crazy in Love are both in their 6th year according to the posters on the ship.

We liked that one too which we saw on our first cruise in 2008 but it must have ended that year because it wasn't shown the following year.

Apassionata and Crazy in Love are both in their 6th year according to the posters on the ship.

That isn't correct. Apassionata was done for QM2 when she was new. The show was designed to use all the clever things the QM2 stage can do. A scaled-down version of that show was done a year or two later on QE2.

We were on QM2 last month, and IIRC, we were told that Crazy in Love was new. We didn't like it. Just a random bunch of songs, over-amplified. The waltz bit looked very familiar, as if they'd lifted it from Apassionata. We missed the live musicians backing the show.

Edited by 3rdGenCunarder

No, Crazy in Love is not new. We've seen it in previous years. I still have my programmes from all my cruises and Crazy in Love was the production show for Tuesday 14th July 2009.

And if you Google it, you can see posts from back in 2010, 2011 and 2012. So it is 5 years old and in its 6th year as per the ship's poster.

https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=cunard%20crazy%20in%20love

28th May 2010

The show tonight was “Crazy in Love” with the Cunard singers and dancers. It was the second time I had seen it but it was still quite good and passed a bit of time.

and from 2012

The QM2 had four production shows and four "bumper" shows. The four productions were "Viva Italia", "Crazy for Love", "Variety Showtime", and "Apassionata." By far the most enjoyable show for us was "Apassionata," which is in its ninth year with the QM2. "

http://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=109670

And another from 2011:

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1492771

Edited by Ray66