Enchantment big price jump for the 4th of July

I've been watching the 3 nt cruise on Enchantment out of Miami leaving on the 4th of July. Not sold out and was about $289/per person, inside cabin. Was hoping for a last minute price decrease and I would book for a last minute get away but it just jumped up to $409/per person for an inside cabin!!

So much for hubby, my daughter and myself setting sail on the 4th : (

Has anyone seen a big increase and then lower (a lot lower) price right after? We are only a week out and I've got fingers crossed I could still luck out.

I've been watching the 3 nt cruise on Enchantment out of Miami leaving on the 4th of July. Not sold out and was about $289/per person, inside cabin. Was hoping for a last minute price decrease and I would book for a last minute get away but it just jumped up to $409/per person for an inside cabin!!

Has anyone seen a big increase and then lower (a lot lower) price right after? We are only a week out and I've got fingers crossed I could still luck out.

Sorry about that. You win some, you lose some :-(

You might see a drop in some categories, but I think it's more likely the price will continue to rise. Not many people will be cancelling now.

Majesty... that makes sense. I do watch the Enchantment prices... I have a rock bottom in my mind that I'll drop everything and book when I see... LOL... it is nice living right by the port. RARELY if ever do I see that in June or July. I've found when prices start going up closer to the sailing they've already hit their low. Good Luck... watch daily, several times a day... but chances are the ship if close to full. Make sure you keep checking up until they pull it from the list... but I wouldn't hold my breath on this one.

Edited by LindaO

Majesty... that makes sense. I do watch the Enchantment prices... I have a rock bottom in my mind that I'll drop everything and book when I see... LOL... it is nice living right by the port. RARELY if ever do I see that in June or July. I've found when prices start going up closer to the sailing they've already hit their low. Good Luck... watch daily, several times a day... but chances are the ship if close to full. Make sure you keep checking up until they pull it from the list... but I wouldn't hold my breath on this one.

I hear such wonderful things about St. Augustine! Lucky you. :)

How long does it take you to drive to Port Canaveral?

You may have waited too long this time. I, too, have waited, knowing it was a gamble, only to see prices rise rather than fall, though I have never waited until the last week (I fly to ports).

Even if cabins seem to be available when you look at cabin categories, the ship might be more full than you think. Remember, there may be guests holding guarantee bookings who have not yet been assigned cabins.

Not likely but it still might drop.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have been checking twice a day for all of the 3-nighters leaving on July 4. Knew I was looking for a miracle price, not surprised that I haven't found one, but kept looking anyway. Guess it is fireworks at home for me, too.

I've been watching prices for June 29th through July 12 since May, we are going to be in Satellite Beach during that time period so it would be easy to hop on a short cruise from PC or FL/Miami. Prices have stayed pretty consistent (higher than I wanted to pay!) & I had resigned myself to just hanging out at the beach when I discovered a LE discount being offered today on the 4 day Enchantment leaving July 7. Husband said yes, and I booked!

This will be a fun way to spend our 41st anniversary!

Sherri:)

I did not know that any ships besides Disney did fireworks on July 4th. Which of them do this?

None do.... We are just stating we have to watch fireworks from home instead of being on a cruise

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I've been watching prices for June 29th through July 12 since May, we are going to be in Satellite Beach during that time period so it would be easy to hop on a short cruise from PC or FL/Miami. Prices have stayed pretty consistent (higher than I wanted to pay!) & I had resigned myself to just hanging out at the beach when I discovered a LE discount being offered today on the 4 day Enchantment leaving July 7. Husband said yes, and I booked!

This will be a fun way to spend our 41st anniversary!

Sherri:)

What is an LE disount?