Report on Noro on the Emerald

Sunviking

We are currently on the Emerald sailing off the coast of Portugal and we have been under a Code Red for several days. The staff has been handling it very well. The Captain just gave his noon report and today we have 13 passengers and 2 crew in quarantine. Yesterday the numbers were 20 and 3 respectively so they are going down. Passengers have been very good about washing hands as well.

The cruise and weather have been great nonetheless. When the next cruise begins they will still be taking precautions no doubt since there is apparently a large outbreak of noro in parts of the UK but all should be well for people boarding provided everyone does the hand washing routine often and vigorously.

I know that one of the things people seem to be interested in are the number of elites on a cruise, the cutoff for the most traveled passenger luncheon, and the demographics of the passengers on board.

Here on the Emerald on this 17 day r/t from Southampton we have more than 450 elites. The most traveled passenger had 2100 days. There are 2840 British on the ship and 90 from the US.

. There are 2840 British on the ship and 90 from the US.

Those are about the same numbers as our Canary Islands cruise--there were only 99 Americans aboard, which was a new experience for us. Loved meeting all the Brits!

I hope the number of non Brits increases for our Baltic cruise in 4 weeks time. On my holidays I want to get away from Britain; not take it with me!

Edited by Esprit
Typo

I know that one of the things people seem to be interested in are the number of elites on a cruise, the cutoff for the most traveled passenger luncheon, and the demographics of the passengers on board.

Here on the Emerald on this 17 day r/t from Southampton we have more than 450 elites. The most traveled passenger had 2100 days. There are 2840 British on the ship and 90 from the US.

Sounds like your cruise was a bit less crowded than ours to the Canaries.

Hello Sue :) (stunnedinva)

Edited by CCFC

According to the noon report from the bridge we currently have 13 passengers still in isolation and 0 crew members. The ship will be arriving in Southampton earlier than scheduled so that it can be thoroughly sanitized. All passengers disembarkation times have been moved up one hour accordingly.

Wow, how long was the line at the purser's desk on the last day?

Wow, how long was the line at the purser's desk on the last day?

The lines are long because may people are settling their accounts in cash or disputing charges on their accounts.

Here is picture of the line on the last day on one Princess cruise.

099122110LastdaylineatPursersdesk101_9539_zps02489ae0.jpg

Edited by caribill