Gold Membership?

Demonica

*waves* Hullo all!

I'm a long time forum lurker, but I finally have a question to ask that I can't find the answer already posted.

I sail on the Emerald in a fortnight, this will be my 4th cruise but my 1st with Princess. I was filling in the Cruise Personaliser when I noticed that I am listed as 'Princess Captain Circle - Gold' but my husband is 'Princess Captain Circle - Blue'. I'm a tad confused by this as I have never sailed with Princess before and, even if I had been allocated 'points' for sailing with Princess' sister company P&O (which I don't think is the case), surely my husband would be at the same level because (barring my first cruise as a teen) we always travel together.

Any ideas? Perhaps just an error at the travel agents?

I don't think either of us is going to significantly benefit/miss out either way but it has had me scratching my head.

Edited by Demonica

You are right. Not much to look forward to going from Blue to Gold card. I think you start receiving the quarterly magazine. Might be some small discount on certain cruises. Not much else that would make any difference.

You should call the Captain's Circle folk and have both your records checked and updated if necessary. Given at least some of your P&O cruises have been credited but not your husband's, it would be best to have a "check up".

BTW, your cruise as a teen should count as long as it was P&O. Make sure it is.

Thanks for the info everyone. I guess it is an oversight in allocating my husband the correct status from our P&O cruise - I wouldn't even have considered that P&O sailings counted otherwise. Will make sure I have the right documents and see if we can sort it when we have a quiet afternoon on board.

You are right. Not much to look forward to going from Blue to Gold card. I think you start receiving the quarterly magazine. Might be some small discount on certain cruises. Not much else that would make any difference.

You also get invited to the Captain Cycle repeat passengers Cocktail party. That's really the only perk at gold level that has a monetary value.

Thanks for the info everyone. I guess it is an oversight in allocating my husband the correct status from our P&O cruise - I wouldn't even have considered that P&O sailings counted otherwise. Will make sure I have the right documents and see if we can sort it when we have a quiet afternoon on board.

Princess should be able to sort this out before your cruise. Just give them a call.

You also get invited to the Captain Cycle repeat passengers Cocktail party. That's really the only perk at gold level that has a monetary value.

Yes with that and a coffee card you can get yourself a cup of coffee. :( Not much of a perk any longer IMHO

Yes with that and a coffee card you can get yourself a cup of coffee. :( Not much of a perk any longer IMHO

And you get to eat your heart out with that cup of coffee when they announce the number of days the most sailed passenger has sailed.

Edited by Iamcruzin

On some sailings the Gold and Ruby go to a session in the Princess Theater. They are given a coupon they can use for a drink at a bar. There is also a drawing where one person gets elite benefits for the remainder of the cruise.