Wine question....

You can take wine in your checked luggage but of course, you run risk that it could break, plus you really have to watch the luggage weight. Bubble wrap might work and I'm sure there are packing products you could find online. We usually find a place to buy wine after we fly to the port rather than try to pack it.

Sherri:)

You can take wine in your checked luggage but of course, you run risk that it could break, plus you really have to watch the luggage weight. Bubble wrap might work and I'm sure there are packing products you could find online. We usually find a place to buy wine after we fly to the port rather than try to pack it.

Sherri:)

Thanks Sherri! We are staying in Ft. Lauderdale for 2 nights before we cruise. We will just buy our wine there:)

I haven't flown to a cruise with wine, but I did travel home with bottles of rum and tequila bought on my trip, and they managed to make it without breaking, but I was nervous about it the whole time. (When they took it from me on returning back to the ship, they had wrapped it well in bubble wrap, plus I also put it in between my clothes in the suitcase for extra protection). I should mention that this, along with my excessive souvenir shopping, totally screwed up the weight and I ended up paying extra.

Going there I wouldn't take the chance of wine ending up all over my clean clothes, and would buy at the port. In FL you can buy wine at any supermarket (Publix, WinnDixie, etc) or major drugstore chain (CVS, Walgreens, etc), so there are plenty of places to buy around the port. :)

Thanks Sherri! We are staying in Ft. Lauderdale for 2 nights before we cruise. We will just buy our wine there:)

This store has a great selection and excellent prices, and is very near the port:

http://www.totalwine.com/eng/storeLocator/redirect.cfm?sectionID=b2c/storeLocator/storeDetails.cfm&storeid=1&locationId=17771

Good idea. I'm sure your luggage and others' luggage will thank you. :D Anything could have happened and I've seen it, trust me. :o:(

Have a fun cruise.

I have something called "wine diapers' that I have had various liquids in my luggage and they worked great, if need be. Think Apricot Brandy in corfu, so nice Chianti's from tuscany, etc.

Thanks for that info, I've never heard of that. Looks like they would pack easily, and they have good reviews, too. (Here is one example I found: http://www.amazon.com/Diaper-Reusable-Absorbent-Eco-Friendly-Accessory/dp/B00308FONW)

Edited by fluffysue

There is a Total Wine right near the port in FLL and the prices are very reasonable. We have traveled with wine in our luggage and use a wine diaper we purchased through Amazon.com. We shipped several bottles back from Italy. Great product and highly recommend them. We now bring them with us when we tracks so can ship alcohol on the return trip.

Thanks for that info, I've never heard of that. Looks like they would pack easily, and they have good reviews, too. (Here is one example I found: http://www.amazon.com/Diaper-Reusable-Absorbent-Eco-Friendly-Accessory/dp/B00308FONW)

If you want to be 'MacGuyver' (ok- cheap :p ), put a child's water wing around your bottle, slightly inflate it, and stick it into a couple of heavy duty, large ziplock bags. :D

Costs less than a 2 buck chuck in total.

Edited by Brigbound