Canadian Cruise

wpiers

Looking at a Celebrity cruise to Quebec City from NY. Any comments on this cruise would be appreciated. I cruise mainly with Royal Caribbean but this cruise looks like a winner.

Bill

But will board Celebrity Summit--round-trip from Cape Liberty/Bayonne--to do this itinerary on 5 October and am really looking forward to it...

Just stopping by to note that these trips--there are typically only three of them each September/October--are apparently wildly popular, book quickly, and the price has only gone up/up/up [in my case, by $1800+] since I booked in April 2013...

There is a Cruise Critic member who does exceptional reviews and did the trip last autumn... You'll be able to get a terrific sense of their experiences via the following link...

http://www.thepreismans.com/canada_newe.htm

Edited by Xport

We've done this cruise 7 times. We love it because we don't have to fly to a port as we live close to Bayonne and it's 14 nights on a Celebrity ship. We also love being in Quebec City for two days. One year we could not get into PEI and we were able to spend 3 days in Quebec City with two overnights.

Just remember it can be very cold once you hit Quebec City. Twice we have had snow in Quebec, once it was just a coating, another time it was a good 4 inches.

We also love Halifax, Bar Harbor and Portland. Wish they would go back to stopping in Newport, RI and St. John, NB instead of Sydney and PEI.

For the fall scenery would Sept be a good time. down here in FL we don't have fall.

xport. thanks for the link.

Bill

Never done that çruise but I'm from Quebec City and I think that the second and third week of October would be the best for the "Color Festival", unfortunately at the same time it will get colder and days shorter.

Like everywhere else, the weather can be so different from one year to another. :rolleyes:

Hope this help a little bit.

Josée

Agree October is when foliage is at peak. Most of September is still to early.

Sent from my Nexus 7

We can not decide.Should we take Sept 6-2015 or the 1st week in Oct

2015. It is pretty definite we will take one. Waiting until our Dec cruise

to book on board for the passages program.

Looking at a Celebrity cruise to Quebec City from NY. Any comments on this cruise would be appreciated. I cruise mainly with Royal Caribbean but this cruise looks like a winner.

Bill

We did this cruise in 2012 it was great. Am looking into doing it again. Because of storms we could not dock at PEI so we had 3 day in Quebec City.

We did it in October, the weather fine except for Quebec City which was cold but not that bad. We took gloves so we were fine.

Never done that çruise but I'm from Quebec City and I think that the second and third week of October would be the best for the "Color Festival", unfortunately at the same time it will get colder and days shorter.

Like everywhere else, the weather can be so different from one year to another. :rolleyes:

Hope this help a little bit.

Josée

Hello.. Thanks for the information. Can you tell me what the weather in Quebec City is like the second and third week of Sept.

Hello.. Thanks for the information. Can you tell me what the weather in Quebec City is like the second and third week of Sept.

Hello antsnanny,

(I'm french speaking so I am sorry for my not so good english)

In September, I would say that mornings and evenings can be cool (mid 50), but if it's sunny during the day, temperature can easily reach mid 60-70F. Also as sad as it sounds you'll need to be ready for some rain, I would suggest "layers".

Wish you some wonderful time in my hometown! :)

Josée

We also love Halifax, Bar Harbor and Portland. Wish they would go back to stopping in Newport, RI and St. John, NB instead of Sydney and PEI.

Why would you want to skip my beautiful PEI?

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Why would you want to skip my beautiful PEI?

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Because they have been going there every year and I need a change of scenery.

It is a very pretty place. If one has never been that's fine, but we would like Celebrity to change up the itinerary.

Hello antsnanny,

(I'm french speaking so I am sorry for my not so good english)

In September, I would say that mornings and evenings can be cool (mid 50), but if it's sunny during the day, temperature can easily reach mid 60-70F. Also as sad as it sounds you'll need to be ready for some rain, I would suggest "layers".

Wish you some wonderful time in my hometown! :)

Josée

Thank you so much, I will take your advice and layer and also pack an umbrella.. I am really looking forward to seeing your part of the world. Happy Canada day!

BTY, your English is perfect!