Azamara Journey

Dick & Linda

A question for all my follow cruisers. We have been on 23 cruises but have not been on an Azamara cruise yet. We were considering a cruise on the Journey. The ship is small and the number of passengers are less than 700. Does the ship feel cramped? And how full was the ship when you sailed on it? Thank you and happy cruising.

A question for all my follow cruisers. We have been on 23 cruises but have not been on an Azamara cruise yet. We were considering a cruise on the Journey. The ship is small and the number of passengers are less than 700. Does the ship feel cramped? And how full was the ship when you sailed on it? Thank you and happy cruising.

The ship does not feel cramped. We've sailed on the Journey at least 7 times and I would guess the passenger count has ranged from 430 to 675.

Even at 100% capacity (indeed I would hazard a guess it was 100%+ as it was a Christmas cruise and there were a few toddlers/infants on board) the ship never felt crowded even in the ports we were tendering in.

Hi Dick & Linda,

I've sailed on Both Journey & Quest. On all sailngs, the ship was book to capacity, and I've never felt cramped at any time. The ships are beautiful, and I'm confident you will be very happy with Azamara.

If you have additional questions, please feel free to ask. Hope this helps !

I have sailed on Journey tow times. I sailed on one of the cruises that Host Andy sailed on. I NEVER felt cramped. The best was when you wee in port and going off the ship. Very easy, on lone lines. Most time when I went off there was no line at all.

I have to agree with everyone else....we never felt cramped and I'm pretty sure the ship was near or at full capacity when we last sailed. We loved it so much, we're booked again. Tendering was also very easy and when they were lines, they moved quickly.

I agree with all other comments about the ship never feeling crowded. We recently finished our first cruise with Azamara and in fact it was my first cruise on a "small ship". I think we were sailing full and not once from embarkation to disembarkation did anything feel "crowded" to me. It really was the most relaxed and stress free cruise we have ever taken and hope to sail with Azamara again in the future. Dave

The only time I felt crowded on the Quest was in Mosaic at times when seating was not available due to cooler (or hotter) deck weather. Sometimes the morning buffet in Windows can get a bit busy and a seat can be difficult to find. especially when a couple occupies a table for four. Generally, the ship feels rather empty to me. The pool deck, even in the Caribbean, never seemed crowded to me (although at times the smoking are seems busy).

Of course the laundry is packed at times!

John R.

Edited by PSULion