Great Customer Service Experience!

cruzeluver

Noticed earlier that there was a small price drop on my upcoming cruise so I gave Carnival a call.

The excellent rep I spoke to at first could not find the rate I was seeing (turns out she was looking at the sailing after mine) but quickly located it and apologized. She then pointed out that while the rate was for the same cabin category I had, it was a Pack and Go rate (I somehow missed that when I saw it) and therefore was only for new bookings.

Since the rate difference was only $50 pp I was fine with it and understand rate restrictions, but she said "well, if you let me put you on hold for a second I'll see if there is anything I can do". After a few minute she came back and said she could get me the new rate, but needed me to understand that payment would be due in full immediately. I was fine with that as our original final payment due date was only a couple of weeks out. She got everything taken care of quickly and efficiently.

She even was able to answer my questions about chef's table reservations and could not have been more friendly and professional.

I called back a few minutes later and got a supervisor and let him know how great the rep was. I believe excellent customer service needs to be acknowledged just as much as bad service needs to be dealt with.

Noticed earlier that there was a small price drop on my upcoming cruise so I gave Carnival a call.

The excellent rep I spoke to at first could not find the rate I was seeing (turns out she was looking at the sailing after mine) but quickly located it and apologized. She then pointed out that while the rate was for the same cabin category I had, it was a Pack and Go rate (I somehow missed that when I saw it) and therefore was only for new bookings.

Since the rate difference was only $50 pp I was fine with it and understand rate restrictions, but she said "well, if you let me put you on hold for a second I'll see if there is anything I can do". After a few minute she came back and said she could get me the new rate, but needed me to understand that payment would be due in full immediately. I was fine with that as our original final payment due date was only a couple of weeks out. She got everything taken care of quickly and efficiently.

She even was able to answer my questions about chef's table reservations and could not have been more friendly and professional.

I called back a few minutes later and got a supervisor and let him know how great the rep was. I believe excellent customer service needs to be acknowledged just as much as bad service needs to be dealt with.

We always recognize excellent service anywhere. Most people only comment on bad service.

I too, salute you! Far too many folks are VERY quick to report bad service, but never acknowledge GOOD service. THANKS! :cool:

"SKY"

Totally agree, op thanks for posting!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app from my IPhone

I couldn't agree more! Yeah for you for going that extra mile and calling back.

I agree with the others that you were a class act to call back and let the supervisor know about the great service. Also, on Chef's Table-hope you try it-it is great-we will be doing our 5th in Sept.,2014! Never gets boring!