Captain's Club - Proof of Previous Cruise

mturvey

We have sailed once before with Celebrity in 2005 and our second cruise with them departs in August. When completing online check-in, I was unable to trace the previous cruise via their search facility, so that I could get a Captain's Club number.

I phoned Celebrities Captain's Club dept and was told that they no longer have records for that far back and that I'd have to produce proof that I sailed with them in 2005. The lady suggested old pass keys, news sheets or photos, none of which I can readily produce after 9 years. I would like to register and begin the long process of getting loyalty benefits - has anyone else had to do this?

Thanks for your help.

I first sailed with Celebrity in 2001. My DH won the cruise as an incentive through his work.

We went with a great bunch of colleagues, and his boss paid for it all.

It was wonderful, but we did not have any of the booking details or anyhthing else.

It wasnt until 2011 that we decided to cruise again, so like you I phoned Celebrity about Captains Club.

Luckily we had a photo package, and I actually found one of us on embarkation day with the name of the ship and the dates of the cruise.

It only takes a minute to enrol, and you will probably have to start afresh with out any proof, but its worthwhile doing.

I was also going to suggest that you check your photograph album. I bet that your still used these in 2005 if you are completely digital now! Many of the photographs taken by the ship's photographers show details of the cruise on the frame.

Otherwise, any other souvenirs that may help. Did you keep anything with the date and ship on? It is amazing the things people keep from their first cruise.

We have sailed once before with Celebrity in 2005 and our second cruise with them departs in August. When completing online check-in, I was unable to trace the previous cruise via their search facility, so that I could get a Captain's Club number.

I phoned Celebrities Captain's Club dept and was told that they no longer have records for that far back and that I'd have to produce proof that I sailed with them in 2005. The lady suggested old pass keys, news sheets or photos, none of which I can readily produce after 9 years. I would like to register and begin the long process of getting loyalty benefits - has anyone else had to do this?

Thanks for your help.

Good luck, they are good and bad. I have done it for my kids, perhaps you will have an easier time. My main suggestion is try and stick with one person so you aren't explaining the story over and over. I still have 4 Bermuda cruises for my kids they won't recognize even though I have submitted proof on line and in person to the CC rep on a cruise.

Edited by dkjretired

had the same issue proving I sailed in CC class. I sent a link to a review I posted here on Cruise Critic. it showed the date posted and I mentioned in the review that I was in cabin XXXX and it was a CC cabin. They accepted it.They are actually pretty good about accepting proof.

I have had several different clients including family who I cruised with have a Capt. Club number issue. Provide at least ship name and sailing date, cabin number if known, your address at that time and they should be able to assist you in getting the number.

Thank you for your suggestions. I'm going to search for an official photo we had taken and boot up my old PC for digitals. Good idea to use Cruise Critic postings too - we joined the roll call and posted several comments at the time, so I'll dig those out and see how it goes.

Thanks again!

Thanks for your help.

That's not true that they can't find it. I first sailed with X in 2002. I just called them a few months ago and they were very easily able to find my sailing within a few seconds. All I needed to give them was the month and year, and my dad's name (he booked), and mine, which was all the info I had. Didn't even know the name of the ship and they were able to find it all. Even saw the Royal Caribbean cruises I've been on.

I suggest calling back and try to get someone else.

I am in the same boat (so to speak). I cruised once with Celebrity in 1999 and have no proof! I am booked again on Celebrity next year. Maybe I will find something before then...

We cruised Celebrity back in 1992. We looked in our photo album from the cruise. We found our original key cards and the daily programs. We also had pictures we had bought from the photo shop. Send what you find to the Captains Club. We did and got a discount for our upcoming second Celebrity cruise.

Edited by jjikids

I didn't know the op was in the UK. But I don't get what you mean w your second sentence.

So we can advise Celebrity UK about things that are happening.

e.g. On a number of occasions, I have advised staff at Celebrity UK that the new season cruise bookings have opened. Miami has been known to forget to tell them! If we, in the UK, want to be sure that we do not get left behind, we need to follow Cruise Critic.

However, my main point was that, before this year, only a few very experienced Celebrity staff in the UK could see everything on their systems. Our PCS was one of them. However, Celebrity made most of their experienced staff redundant this year.

Edited by Project_gal

We had the same problem. Sailed in 1995. Didn't think I could find anything-way too many pictures need to be sorted and put in albums. One day I noticed a picture on my file cabinet at work that came from the 1995 sailing, complete with ships name and port. Now we are sailing with Celebrity again so I submitted copies and await the outcome. Hoping to be a past guest by next week. ( I even offered to send them the actual top I was wearing. I still have it!)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We sailed on the Horizon in 1994. When I called Celebrity in 2011, there was no record of us. I had a group picture from the dining room on formal night taken by the ship's photographer. It had the name of the ship at the bottom. They accepted it. Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We sailed on the Horizon in 1994. When I called Celebrity in 2011, there was no record of us. I had a group picture from the dining room on formal night taken by the ship's photographer. It had the name of the ship at the bottom. They accepted it. Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Did same thing ironically on Horizon in 1994, showed them a picture of wife, daughter, son, and myself all in formal dress, son and I in rented Tuxes. I was told how do we know they are your kids. I was trying to get the cruise credited for the kids, it actually makes a difference now because that cruise puts them in Elite as opposed to Select. I had also previously showed them a number of other documents. I was very respectful in all correspondence and the cruise was actually credited to wife and I, they just wouldn't budge on the kids.

I guess they thought I borrowed a couple of kids to take a picture with.

Well, I put together some proof, a set of digital photos and links to the 2005 roll call. The photos showed me in various Caribbean locations with the Summit in the background, plus pictures of us on a formal night in the MDR. I couldn't find one with the ship's name anywhere, so we'll see how well they know their vessels. As I said to the lady, at least she'll have the thrill of seeing me in holiday mode, albeit 9years younger! The posts I think should clinch it, as they one of them includes our stateroom no. as well as other details.

I sent them by email and got an automated reply, saying that they would try to reply within 21 days, or longer at busy times. A bit worrying as we leave in 4 weeks! Now we just have to wait. I tell you, that dollop of gelato had better be worth it! :)