Which cruiselines have BEST solo deals?

Morgsmom

Ok, so I am going on my first solo in a few weeks, on Carnival. Full disclosure - CCL is my least favorite mass market cruise line, but it had the best rate for a solo in a balcony cabin.

Now that I'm an empty nester, I'll be sailing solo whenever the rate is favorable in a balcony. So that rules out the Studios on NCL.

Since this is all new to me, what other cruiselines (excluding Regent/Oceania, etc) occasionally offer decent solo rates on categories other than Insides?

Ok, so I am going on my first solo in a few weeks, on Carnival. Full disclosure - CCL is my least favorite mass market cruise line, but it had the best rate for a solo in a balcony cabin.

Now that I'm an empty nester, I'll be sailing solo whenever the rate is favorable in a balcony. So that rules out the Studios on NCL.

Since this is all new to me, what other cruiselines (excluding Regent/Oceania, etc) occasionally offer decent solo rates on categories other than Insides?

Carnival and NCL tend to have the most no single supplement sales that include balconies. I've seen solo balconies on CCL and NCL got for as cheap as $1400-1600 for 7 day sailings. Also if you book far enough ahead you might be able to get a deal on a RCL balcony, once I was able to get a Central Park balcony on Oasis for $1800 (that was for 2 people).

I have often booked balconies on NCL for less than $200/day (travelling alone). I don't worry about the so-called "single supplement." Rather, I simply decide the maximum daily amount I'm will to pay (usually $200/day) and then shop for cruises within that budget.

If you are retired Their is a large online agency that specializes on 90 day or less Vacation cruises.under the discounts if you click single it will pull up all the cruises that have no or low single supplments. I have seen all the lines represented.

Good advice from oopaloopa. I had a great balcony rate on the a getaway, but I started as a studio, and as the price dropped, I snagged a balcony! Heaven!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

When do you travel and where? I too am going solo for the first time in August on the Valor.

When do you travel and where? I too am going solo for the first time in August on the Valor.

I am Orlando based so I prefer to cruise out of Pt Canaveral, FLL, and Tampa. I'm also open to going to SJU for a Southern Caribbean route.

I'd love to go to Alaska but the airfare is so extraordinary. Also considering my first Transatlantic if/when the price is right!

Also considering my first Transatlantic if/when the price is right!

I am hoping that the Carnival Vista may include some solo cabins. Regardless, I plan to do that TA in late 2016.

The best deal is the one you are happy with:) I agree with mtwingcpa

and I don't look at the SS....that is what it is.....I look at the total

price and if it is within my budget. If I can afford it and have the

time off...if it is an itinerary I want to do, then I book it.

I have been cruising solo for 11 years and I love it:D......

So, my best deal? Actually my next cruise is always in that category;)

Hello,

I have been watching for good solo rates on Princess and they seem few and far between. I am new to solo travel and I wonder why some cruise lines have more solo discounts than others. Is it supply and demand? Come on Princess... Let's have a lower single supplement on that cruise I am dreaming about!

4boys nana:):):)

I am hoping that the Carnival Vista may include some solo cabins. Regardless, I plan to do that TA in late 2016.

Don't think they are planning solo cabins but hopefully they will have a good price on their 1As.

A few of us are waiting to book that.

Would love it even more if they left from Rome.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I agree to look at the Transatlantics or repositioning. I have a rate of $200 day for my Balcony on an April 2015 crossing on Azamara. Azamara has 125% solo rates on many cruises, plus I booked when they had the inside to balcony discount and the $400 onboard booking discount.

I have heard that Silver Seas also has reduced single supplements. Does anyone have experience with those?

I have shared a cabin a number of times with mostly good results. I have found that I can have my own cabin with lower single supplements at Vacations To Go; < http://www.*************.com/ticker.cfm?r=0&jpw=107&sp=y >. Have used VTG for several years for the best prices. Have had my own cabin on CCL, RCCL and PCL with low or no supplement. Best time to cruise solo has been during the shoulder time period also on Transatlantic cruises...

4boysnana;43319749]Hello,

I have been watching for good solo rates on Princess and they seem few and far between. I am new to solo travel and I wonder why some cruise lines have more solo discounts than others. Is it supply and demand? Come on Princess... Let's have a lower single supplement on that cruise I am dreaming about!

4boys nana:):):)

I have been told that Princess lines are primarily for couples. So, you may want to find another line for solo traveling...