Just off wonderful Summit cruise to Bermuda this morning

redjetz

How did you get the 30% off normandie on the first night?

We received a 'coupon' for 30% off when we bought our premium beverage package as we boarded; it was good for the first two nights. But as has been mentioned, you can get discounts sometimes by asking. On the Silhouette in March, we were approached several times during the week by staff offering specialty dining discounts. Likely depends on how reservations are going.

We disembarked this morning, having had a wonderful cruise. While I still like the S class ships better, we did book this cruise again for next summer.

In no particular order:

-- we found the food in the MDR to be good across the board and very good at times. We dined in Normandie the first night (30% off, and to avoid the usual commotion in the MDR on embarkation day). Service in the MDR was good, with the exception of one of the sommeliers.

-- Bistro on 5 didn't open until 2:30 on embarkation day, which initially was disappointing as that meant the buffet. I really dislike buffets as I have seen too much bad behavior by fellow cruisers, but we ended up there several times for lunch or breakfast this trip because of the addition of the pre- plated offerings. Big plus in my book. There are still plenty of offerings where you can serve yourself if you want.

-- we liked the new entree offerings in Bistro on 5 for dinner. Great option when you don't want to change for dinner or want something a bit faster.

-- Cafe al Bacio continues to be a great spot for lattes, wine, pastries. Arline was a terrific waitress/barista!(I still miss having the tea sandwiches in the cafe in the afternoon).

-- Celebrity set up several TV screens in the Rendezvous lounge on Tuesday so that we could gather and watch the US vs Belgium in the World Cup. It was fun to watch in a group, even though the US lost.

-- somewhat oddly, the Martini Bar was consistently "off." The drinks were poorly made, by several different bartenders, which we have never experienced in 8 Celebrity cruises. We finally decamped for the Rendezvous bar where the drinks were well made, including the new craft cocktails.

-- never made it to the elite breakfast or happy hour so can't comment.

-- our cabin attendant, Jorge, took excellent care of us. Never saw the assistant - it felt like there has been a cutback in attendants.

-- nothing good to say about the clods next door in 8096, who continued to smoke on their balcony after being requested to stop by security.

-- security teams helped the pool butlers keep children out of the adult Solarium (we saw a few parents who ignored the pool butlers until security showed up and emphasized that, yes, the 'adults only' requirement did actually apply to their family, too)

Finally, though we had seas of 13 to 15 feet coming back to NJ due to the after effects of Hurricane Arthur, we fared well. I am committed to continuing to book a mid-ship cabin, though!

Celebrity continues to offer a good product and experience for the money, we think, so the onboard "all in" promotion to book Bermuda next year and get OBC, paid gratuities, and classic beverage package was a no brainer for us!

Happy to answer any questions.

Thanks for the review. We will be sailing on the summit in a few weeks. Do you know if the three perks all in special will still be available? Is it for any cabin/suite category?

I also assume a reduced deposit is required.

Back in Atlanta after leaving the Summit and our Concierge cabin today. We enjoyed the ship and services. My observations:

Sent from my iPhone using Forums 😎

Thanks for your report. Glad you had a good time. Did you have any flowers in your Concierge cabin? We leave in two weeks. Can't wait.

redjetz,

Thanks to you also. Glad you had a great time.

Cynthia

We were on the 1st Bermuda cruise out of Bayonne this year on May 4th. We LOVED it! Loved the ship, loved the staff, loved the capt:eek:, loved everything!!!! We are off again on the Summit next year too but we were NOT offered the same perks! We did however, book 2 cruises one in November and one in March 2015. We will be back on the Summit next year and hopefully have the same experience once again!

2 formal nights and on our cruise most people were dressed up for dinner. We did not notice anyone in cut offs or ripped jeans. We were told the people were asked to not come into the dining room and please eat in another venue.

Totally dislike the smokers on the balcony!!!!! We had one also and complained and then we did not smell cigarettes again the whole trip. What is the matter with people who do not think that rules apply to them:eek::eek:

Happy Sailing!!!

Thanks for the review. We will be sailing on the summit in a few weeks. Do you know if the three perks all in special will still be available? Is it for any cabin/suite category?

I also assume a reduced deposit is required.

The offer was for all cabin classes, I think. We were told it probably would continue for the season, but no guarantees.

Actually, the deposit is equal to the amount you get for the current cruise OBC, which makes sense. For example, we booked Aqua for 2015, which earned us $250 OBC, so our deposit was $250.

Edited by redjetz
Typo

The offer was for all cabin classes, I think. We were told it probably would continue for the season, but no guarantees.

Actually, the deposit is equal to the amount you get for the current cruise OBC, which makes sense. For example, we booked Aqua for 2015, which earned us $250 OBC, so our deposit was $250.

Thank you for the response.

Keeping fingers crossed, on this one. Several folks on our 8/31 roll-call are interested in the "all-in" offer. But, the flyer that someone put up showed that the offer was only offered through 8/31 -- the day we board. That's an odd day to have the offer end, since I don't ever recall the future cruise consultants being available on the first (or last) day of a cruise. If I'm wrong about that, I'm sure someone will correct me ;). I just hope that they decide to extend the offer one more week -- since ours is the last sailing of Summit's 2014 Bermuda season! :cool:

Keeping fingers crossed, on this one. Several folks on our 8/31 roll-call are interested in the "all-in" offer. But, the flyer that someone put up showed that the offer was only offered through 8/31 -- the day we board. That's an odd day to have the offer end, since I don't ever recall the future cruise consultants being available on the first (or last) day of a cruise. If I'm wrong about that, I'm sure someone will correct me ;). I just hope that they decide to extend the offer one more week -- since ours is the last sailing of Summit's 2014 Bermuda season! :cool:

Fingers crossed for you - it really is a good offer!

In May they were available after sail away . But I sailed too early for the All In promo. Hope you can get it. Most people do not go up there the first afternoon/evening.

In May they were available after sail away . But I sailed too early for the All In promo. Hope you can get it. Most people do not go up there the first afternoon/evening.

Thanks -- I may trot down there to see about booking that first day (just to be on the safe side). :cool:

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. We'll be on the Summit in 6 weeks!

We weren't planning on going to Bermuda again next year, but the Bermuda All In offer is tempting (and the beverage package might be the perfect enticement for our adult daughters to join us)