Question for bonnie =journey 20th aug

cheznick

Hi Bonnie, we are on the journey 20th august southampton to lisbon. noticed that ship is supposed to leave Nantes on 24th August at 0530hrs !!!! although there is supposedly a land discovery that day which departs at 3pm until 8pm !!!!! what time does the ship actually leave nantes - if its 0530 then that is a sea day and not a day in nantes - it has totally baffled us as to what to do on the 24th august. and do you know when the white night will be. regards

Hi Bonnie, we are on the journey 20th august southampton to lisbon. noticed that ship is supposed to leave Nantes on 24th August at 0530hrs !!!! although there is supposedly a land discovery that day which departs at 3pm until 8pm !!!!! what time does the ship actually leave nantes - if its 0530 then that is a sea day and not a day in nantes - it has totally baffled us as to what to do on the 24th august. and do you know when the white night will be. regards

I'm on the same sailing and I don't see any shore excursions listed for August 24. You're right - we leave at 5:30am and it is a sea day.

Thanks Bonnie

Tgg - heres from the land discoveries page once you log in and look at the itinerary

24-Aug-2014 03:00 PM 52.75 GBP 43.75 GBP 0.00 GBP English Book

not long now - just 6 weeks and 1 day !!!

nick and Cheryl

we have noticed on other (no names) travel forums/sites that people are discussing the cruise and the 2 full days in nantes and planning to buy excursions through local providers and tourist boards - this could cause azamara real problems if we definitely leaving at 0530 in the morning of sunday 24th !!!!! someone needs to sort this asap and not dally over it. regards

hi bonnie - just logged in to azamara and noticed whatever you said to them must have worked as it now has us departing nantes at 5.30pm !! and also the land tour to clisson timed at 3pm has now disappeared. regards and any news re the white night???? thanks again.

Thanks Bonnie

Tgg - heres from the land discoveries page once you log in and look at the itinerary

24-Aug-2014 03:00 PM 52.75 GBP 43.75 GBP 0.00 GBP English Book

not long now - just 6 weeks and 1 day !!!

nick and Cheryl

Interesting, because the US booklet has no tours listed for Nantes on August 24. There are 3 for August 23.

well all sorted now - obviously wrong info on the uk website including the departure time - all now fixed including the new departure time of 5.30pm and not am....also think that someone at azamara needs to work out how to use a 24 hr clock !!!!

I actually rang them about 6 weeks ago with the same Q and they said definately AM so do you think they gave Bonnie the correct info.

The original brochure which I have had since last December says PM which was why I asked!!

It can only get better, good job we all live AZ .

Joyce

ive checked uk website after logging in and going to manage booking and then the cruise calender then the 5am has now been changed to 5pm and the tour which was showing departing at 3pm on 24th has now disappeared alltogether !!!!

I just got off the phone with Azamara here in the US. The woman I asked assured me that the 5:30am departure time was correct. I explained that there was a serious question about the time. She assured me it was correct. I was then put on hold for about 10 minutes while she went to check with a supervisor - and she came back and said that 5:30am was wrong. It is 5:30pm as cheznick said.

I asked if an email would be sent to all the people on this cruise with the change and she said it would happen.

Cheznick, I know you've been on the roll call. Would you like to get this information onto the roll call so that at least some of the people involved will know?

Thanks for getting this thing settled. Now we have to plan another day in Nantes, which is better than a sea day.:)

thanks tgg for that - yeah at least we can all look forward to another day in nantes - we have already been planning what to do with it...still awaiting confirmation from bonnie but you have at least had it from the horses mouth so to speak.... not long to go now ... regards nick and cheryl

I contacted Azamara via the website regarding the discrepancy with details of dates and times back in May.

I received a request for my booking number several days later, which I sent by return email, along with the information previously sent .....

I am still waiting (almost 2 months later) for a response either from Azamara or from CruiseCo with whom our TA has to deal ( I sent all the info with the query to our TA when I still had no response from Azamara after another week or so ...)

So, THANK YOU CC for providing this method of communication for cruisers and THANK YOU to all who have followed up with information.

It would be nice to also have further confirmation (in a written response) from Bonnie.

...So, THANK YOU CC for providing this method of communication for cruisers and THANK YOU to all who have followed up with information.

It would be nice to also have further confirmation (in a written response) from Bonnie.

I, too, would like "official" confirmation of the time change I got verbally.

obviously they having problems deciding themselves since they have already changed the website to reflect 5pm and not 5am but that doesn't prove anything at this stage - very poor in my humble opinion

obviously they having problems deciding themselves since they have already changed the website to reflect 5pm and not 5am but that doesn't prove anything at this stage - very poor in my humble opinion

Hello Cheznick from Cheshire, I have overheard (actually been privy to some emails not to me) that they have various experts studying the tides on that day in that location. So it's not that they're not paying attention. Please stand by, I'm sure they'll come back with an official time soon.

Hello Cheznick from Cheshire, I have overheard (actually been privy to some emails not to me) that they have various experts studying the tides on that day in that location. So it's not that they're not paying attention. Please stand by, I'm sure they'll come back with an official time soon.

well bonnie - we have waited and waited and waited . the website keeps changing from pm to am departure. I know they have to study the tides but meanwhile if you check the roll call for our sailing people are very confused and totally unsure if we have the second day in Nantes or not. Also various people are getting different answers from Acc and from their Ta as to when we sail. I realise you are not personally responsible but you have more clout than we do when it comes to finding out the correct information... regards.

well bonnie - we have waited and waited and waited . the website keeps changing from pm to am departure. I know they have to study the tides but meanwhile if you check the roll call for our sailing people are very confused and totally unsure if we have the second day in Nantes or not. Also various people are getting different answers from Acc and from their Ta as to when we sail. I realise you are not personally responsible but you have more clout than we do when it comes to finding out the correct information... regards.

I continue to ask for clarification on the port/day/hours of Nantes.

I emailed Azamara Customer Service several days ago and just got a response that we will definitely be leaving Nantes at 4 PM on 24 August. As far as I'm concerned I'm going with that and researching what to do that day. It certainly would have helped all of us if this had been correcyed and published sooner.

When I booked in October, I was told one version of the cruise. When I paid in full in May, I was told a different version. Are these guys making it up as they go? I have been on other cruises that have changed times and ports, even skipped ports, due to weather, tides, and ?????. Anything can happen...and it does. I learned my lesson many years ago when I prepaid for a car rental in St. Thomas. The ship was supposed to dock there. However due to something, they skipped that port. Lost my prepaid rental. Now, I go with the flow. Relax and enjoy whatever happens. If we spend more time in Nantes or we sail away early, enjoy the time either way. A Sunday in many European ports in the summer can be crowded...or completely shut down. I am fine either way. A day at sea on a Sunday in August is just fine.

• 2 weeks later...