pacific Eden and pacific Aria

Possibly, but then why Eden?

They could have had opera, cantata or oratorio to go with it then.:D

Can see their commercials now "Return to Eden"

Should have called them Pacific Ordinary and Pacific Mundane. Oh well a rose by any other name...........

Aria would have been better if linked with another relevant theme.

Eden... that's just random.

They really are both a bit random, could have been so much more with a new theme and a break away from the Pacific .... theme.

I agree . I am struggling to find any link or theme , or indeed understand the reasoning for the name choice.

I suppose they were the two most popular winning choices, should have at least had a common theme and not use the "pacific" as the tie in.

I suppose they were the two most popular winning choices, should have at least had a common theme and not use the "pacific" as the tie in.

On the contrary MicCanberra,

I think Carnival chose these names because they were NOT repeated by other posters. That way they had a single individual to award the cruise prize to, rather than having to decide between several who submitted the same name.

Can't say I am impressed with their choices.

As most often we hear "the Jewel" or "the Pearl" mentioned without the word 'Pacific' affixed in front, just try saying "the Aria" and "the Eden" the same way. Sounds like you have a lisp or some speech impediment.

Nevertheless, congrats to the winners, we are all just jealous.

Rosee

The name of the cruise ship makes a big difference to the quality and experience of my cruise you know...:rolleyes:

How much did Carnival pay a marketing/promotions dept to come up with those two choices....I'd have come up with 2 for half the price..:D

Rosee

I suppose the thing that upsets me most is that they didn't use any of the names that we CC members talked about for the previous month or so. there were some real 'GEMS' among the possibles.:rolleyes:

Edited by MicCanberra

the new names for p&o ships

Pacific Eden, perhaps named after the NSW south coast town, down the Princes Hwy from me, or perhaps named after my 16 year old grand daughter. Strange names though, Pacific Eden and Pacific Aria.

Named after Eden Park. Ground that has had many victories for All Blacks. So the Aria one must be the Australian themed one. :D

Oh dear, they got the Kiwis involved. Perhaps Pacific Eden will be based in Auckland?

On the contrary MicCanberra,

I think Carnival chose these names because they were NOT repeated by other posters. That way they had a single individual to award the cruise prize to, rather than having to decide between several who submitted the same name.

Can't say I am impressed with their choices.

As most often we hear "the Jewel" or "the Pearl" mentioned without the word 'Pacific' affixed in front, just try saying "the Aria" and "the Eden" the same way. Sounds like you have a lisp or some speech impediment.

Rosee

They definitely didn't only have one person suggesting each of those names. Checking out the Facebook page you'll see numerous people (jokingly) asking for a cruise because they also chose the winning names.

The names aren't Australian, they aren't modern, and there seems to be little theme to connect them to each other. They're pretty boring and relatively indistinguishable from every other cruise ship out there. They also don't fit the rules of not using given names. One of the winners said she used her daughter's name.

Ah well, it's their ships and if they want to name them something boring and unimaginative, I guess that's entirely their choice.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app