Britannia's balconies

As someone who has to push a wheelchair, I am glad to see they have dispensed with the "carpetting" and those awful metal strip edges on the sun decks. Just hope that Britannia is the same.

Kersh, I agree with you that Sharons photos make the balcony look bigger than some others, but it is still smaller than Azura/Ventura, and I do not believe that the cabins are any bigger as a result.

Britannia will be the same in that there will be no all-weather carpet on the decks. What is interesting is that on Ventura and Azura P&O put raised rubber edges on it, creating the issue you have with the wheelchair, whereas on the original Princess Grand class, the carpeting is embedded in the deck, so you don't notice walking across it.

Just changing the subject after looking at your photos, the decor In lots of RP reminds me of P&O but that of Britannia is going to be completely different, looking ate artists drawings of the finished interior.

/quote]

Having been on the Regal Princess this summer, we have a short trip booked on the Britannia because the Atrium /Piazza especially look very different in their finish and I was interested to see the Britannia 'in the flesh'. Although structurally they are similar, the interior of the Britannia looks very different and possibly more modern.

The balcony on the Regal was adequate, yes smaller but still servicable :).

Sharon, the balcony in your photo doesn't look much different in size to the standard balcony on Azura or Ventura. Where they all this size or was this a superior balcony cabin. Can you remember the cabin number?

Thanks.

It was a standard balcony on A deck - A104. Not having had many balcony cabins I didn't have to compare it with. I do know it was a long trek from the lift to the cabin though!

Edited by Host Sharon

Just changing the subject after looking at your photos, the decor In lots of RP reminds me of P&O but that of Britannia is going to be completely different, looking ate artists drawings of the finished interior.

/quote]

Having been on the Regal Princess this summer, we have a short trip booked on the Britannia because the Atrium /Piazza especially look very different in their finish and I was interested to see the Britannia 'in the flesh'. Although structurally they are similar, the interior of the Britannia looks very different and possibly more modern.

The balcony on the Regal was adequate, yes smaller but still servicable :).

Britannia will be more of a modern boutique hotel look compared with Royal/Regal. I haven't had the pleasure of sailing on Royal, but looking at pictures the decor looks stunning, such a leap ahead of the Grand Class.

Just had a look at a lot of pictures of the inside of Brittania and everything looks to be black, grey, beige, no colour anywhere? Nothing looks warm apart from the Oriental restuarant which has some red and looks nice.

http://cruisemiss.com/2014/02/12/take-a-look-inside-po-cruises-britannia-new-images/

Edited by jeanlyon

I must say that I am trying Britannia out next year but am somewhat underwhelmed by the ship. It appears to be just an enlarged version of Azura/Ventura with some of the bits missing!.

Comparing the deck plans shows possible negatives

- no promenade deck, just 2 'shelves' outside the glasshouse and costa coffee. One of which will be a smoking area?

- the select dining restaurant is smaller than on Azura etc and there appears to be no option for al-fresco meals?

- the glasshouse is smaller, as this is the best bar for me a bit of a dissapointemnt

- i hope brodies does not turn out like the awful exchange bar on Ventura

- no sliding roof for bad weather?

Positives?

The Crows Nest is in the right place

Questions?

What is the crystal room?

Is the limelight club the replacement for the tamarind club etc?

What is the studio used for, is it a Cinema?

Questions?

What is the crystal room?

Is the limelight club the replacement for the tamarind club etc?

What is the studio used for, is it a Cinema?

I think the Limelight is to be a sort of cabaret club, entertainment and dining option, a bit like café jardin with a crooner ;)

The Studio is exactly that, it is where they record interviews and such for the ships tv, with room for a small audience.

Perhaps the crystal room is where they stock the ginger for BOB crossings:rolleyes:

I would add that the info given is from recall of something I read months ago and may not be accurate.