Is Solarium on S Class ships always covered by roof?

Saintston

As per thread title, is the roof on the Solarium a permanent one, or can it be retracted?

If permanent, how does it feel temperature wise compared to the temperature 'outside'? Is it a nice warm place when the temperature is cold outside? Is it too hot when it gets warm outside?

Thanks

It's a fixed roof and the temperature is regulated to always be just the right temperature to fall asleep

Thanks. Is the temperature actually controlled? That would be ideal to guarantee that it can be a nice place to sit 'out' in, even if weather outside isn't so warm.

Thanks. Is the temperature actually controlled? That would be ideal to guarantee that it can be a nice place to sit 'out' in, even if weather outside isn't so warm.

The Solarium space is totally "perfect" in my view. Need proof or evidence? As noted in the live/blog below, we got off of the Solstice in February doing Australia to New Zealand, having a variety of cool to warm weather. Also, enjoyed this space in June 2011 while sailing the Med. Below is one of my visual sample to show why I love this space and how its roof sets up.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Back from doing a 14-day Celebrity Solstice, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure on this ship and getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for much more information and lots of wonderful pictures on these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 66,067 views for this fun posting.

The Solarium was one of our most favorite areas. Food and drinks were nearby and it was very relaxed and sophisticated. Quieter, too, as it is an adults-only area. Two hot tubs here. Not crowded, especially in the evenings. Nice art and design with this facility. Wonderful setting for relaxing and watching the outside water/shore views, enjoying subtle inside action, etc.:

SolsticeSolariumSunnyDay.jpg

As per thread title, is the roof on the Solarium a permanent one, or can it be retracted?

If permanent, how does it feel temperature wise compared to the temperature 'outside'? Is it a nice warm place when the temperature is cold outside? Is it too hot when it gets warm outside?

Thanks

It's a fixed ceiling. The temp is always nicely regulated. I always found a nice time to nap in the "Egg" lounges that are scattered along the edge. You can see two in the pic posted by TLCOHIO. They're near the windows on the right side of the pic. Oh yeah, thanks for making me homesick for the Equinox!!

The roof over the solarium on the Summit can be opened and we have seen it opened in the Caribbean when the weather was beautiful. It sure made the solarium was wonderful place to read.

Good to know. I have sailed on her 4 times and it has never been opened.

Learn something new everyday.

Btw. I still prefer the m class salt water pool to the s class larger chlorine filled one.