Grandeur of the Seas Question about Pools

The Solarium is designated as 18 and up, but as it is a fully covered pool (with a retractable roof) Grandeur will allow children accompanied by adults here during inclement weather.

Plus, with Park Cafe now in the Solarium, it's common for children to be seated with their families at the tables along the outsides of the Solarium.

Edited by clarea

Have not been on Grandeur, but I've never seen the roof open on the other 5 ships we have been on with movable roofs.

If I recall, someone reported last year that they opened the roof on very hot days. We sailed in late Sep, so never got that hot - but the Solarium can get quite warm on those cooler days...

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

If I recall, someone reported last year that they opened the roof on very hot days. We sailed in late Sep, so never got that hot - but the Solarium can get quite warm on those cooler days...

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

See my post #8 just before yours. :)

The roof was opened on one sea day last week. Also the posted age was 16 and older.

We religiously pointed out violators to security which put and end to the underage violators. This was done on the first full day so everyone got the message that the pool policy would be enforced.

Edited by ebonybee

Is it normally open to everyone on cold weather days during winter cruises? Otherwise kids wouldn't really have pool access for the first and last part of the cruise.

It's open for families for limited hours. Something like 12-2 as I recall.