Considering The Jewel

lisalisa143

I am considering NCL for our future cruise in April, 2015 and curious about the kids program and activities.

I know everyone has their own opinion about cruise lines so I am not trying to start a ruckus; I am just asking opinions about cruising on NCL and making the change over. Please do not beat me to death for asking.

Thanks in advance...

Your question is perfectly valid. You would get better answers if the question was referred to in the title.

In any event, based on what folks have repeated here, most are happy with the kids club. The answers may vary depending on the age of your kids - did not see that, or where you might be sailing to. Are you only looking at the Jewel?

Edited by garycarla

I am considering NCL for our future cruise in April, 2015 and curious about the kids program and activities.

I know everyone has their own opinion about cruise lines so I am not trying to start a ruckus; I am just asking opinions about cruising on NCL and making the change over. Please do not beat me to death for asking.

Thanks in advance...

Hard to say. NCL has decent kids clubs but how much the kids will enjoy themselves can vary.

When are you going? We've been on times with very few kids so they combined many of the age groups and activities. Some times our kids go just the first night and don't have much interest in going again. Other times they want to go all the time.

Was on the Jewel last week with a 10 year old. She didn't want to go to the Splash Academy at the beginning of the week, but the kids staff had a couple of "family" activities on a 3 of our sea days. She enjoyed them, got to know the staff, and by the end of the week she was asking to go back to Splash Academy. Check out the pictures of her on the main stage at the Circus show put on by the kid staff on my review at

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2071339.

I do have to say she was no fan of the pool area or slide, which surprised me.

My DD is 5 yrs old. Looking at the Jewel due to sailing April 2015 out of Galveston & the port Banana Coast Trujillo Honduras looks inviting.

The Nickelodeon theme would be good with her.

I am ideally located; half way between Galveston and/or New Orleans so I can go either direction without a far drive.

Not only kids club am I interested in but the overall experience as well.

I know it can be good or bad depending on what yourself makes of the cruise.

Thanks for the insight.

We were on the Jewel in December out of New Orleans. Every time I saw the kids around the ship they looked like they were having a good time. We are now considering bring our great-granddaughter with us....she will be 4 in September.

We love the Jewel. My kids LOVED the kids academy last year. They were 4 and 6. They are not shy though and not clinging to us, so going to the kids area was not a problem and they never wanted to come out. There were a few family activities every day as well.

At the kids academy, they had many planned activities to keep the kids entertained with different theme nights. We are sailing the Jewel again next year because we loved it.