Do you hide your toothbrush?

bplazo

. . . and I always make sure everything is neat and tidy before we leave the cabin

So, do you bring your own vaccum, or lease one from the cruise line?

Additionally, do you withold the tip for the cabin steward/stewardess (since they don't have anything to do)?

Just my two-cents, but . . . your family may not be that far off . . . :eek:

I try to leave our cabin neat too; I don't actually 'clean' it of course, but just put things away and generally not leave a mess about. I don't actually want or expect the stewards to put away my clothes and other items. They usually do a great job; making the bed, vacuuming, cleaning the bathroom, the basics.

I can't believe the state some cabins are in when the doors are open for cleaning--some look like a bomb went off with the floor so full of clothes, etc., it's difficult to walk.

I try to leave our cabin neat too; I don't actually 'clean' it of course, but just put things away and generally not leave a mess about. I don't actually want or expect the stewards to put away my clothes and other items. They usually do a great job; making the bed, vacuuming, cleaning the bathroom, the basics.

I can't believe the state some cabins are in when the doors are open for cleaning--some look like a bomb went off with the floor so full of clothes, etc., it's difficult to walk.

I had to check to make sure this wasn't MY post. I agree with every word in your post. There is NOTHING on the bathroom counters. Toothbrush is in a glass in the medicine chest. The dresser is free of clutter. Clothes are not strewn around. They are either in the closet on a hanger or in the zip lock bag in the suitcase for dirty clothes and it's done as we wear them, not at the end of the cruise. I can't stand even looking in when the doors are open on the cabins because of the messes they leave. It is disgusting to see how some people expect the cabin steward to even get into the room with the landfill they have turned the cabin into.

I keep things straightened too. It just makes everything a lot easier. Easier to find things. Easier to get around. And I am sure easier for the stewards.

Additionally, do you withold the tip for the cabin steward/stewardess (since they don't have anything to do)?

WOW!!! Aren't you a bit harsh? I tidy up our cabin too. You have no idea who I am.

Wow. Did you take your "rude" pill this morning? Totally uncalled for. Someone needs to work out their anger issues.

Well, I do not use the ice bucket anymore since I read where someone used it as a barf bucket :). I also rinse out the glasses left in the room because I have read that sometimes they just wipe the glasses with their dirty towels. Just never know if these stories are true or not.

I am sure the room stewards like me because my cabin is always spotless and I leave more than the suggested amount. I just have alot of time to ponder about things.

I have another funny. My daughter and I stayed at a resort in Jamacia and I went into the safe to lock up the I pads and forv some crazy reason my daughter had put her deodorant in the safe. I am llike why did you put this in the safe? Told me is was a Secret. Guess the apple does not fall far from the tree. She had no idea why she did it.

I take 2 plastic cups that are provided, one for husbands toothbrush, toothpaste, floss, another for mine. We keep toiletries behind the mirror, but this depends on how much counter space is there, not on who may or may not use them.

I worry more about the fact that the servers are spitting onto my food ...

But no real matter ... it happens in restaurants too

solution? Stay home

Servers don't spit into your food-that is so old hat. Now they use Visine to get back at nasty customers.

Yeah I hide my toothbrush ...

...I also take a wipes, heavy duty carpet cleaner in my luggage, a steam cleaner, a forensic CSI kit with UV light and a little gremlin that keeps ice cold in his mouth.

People need to stop being so paranoid and relax. The only thing you need to hide in your cabin is any 'fun bedroom' toys you brought. ;) As for the wipes I think if you are going to clean on your holiday you might as well stay at home and clean for free.

my family thinks I am crazy because I will not allow toothbrushes to be left out (just never know if the rim of the toilet needs cleaning, I always bring Lysol, and I always make sure everything is neat and tidy before we leave the cabin

Um, a little cray cray, yes.

I always run my toothbrush, even at home, thoroughly under hot water before using so no need to hide it!

my family thinks I am crazy because I will not allow toothbrushes to be left out (just never know if the rim of the toilet needs cleaning, I always bring Lysol, and I always make sure everything is neat and tidy before we leave the cabin

We always keep the cabin really neat and tidy and I hate walking past cabins where there are possessions in heaps everywhere. I also bring Clinell wipes so I can sterilise all hard surfaces in the cabin when we arrive. However, I would never consider hiding our toothbrushes. My toothbrush hasn't been hidden for 5X years now and I'm still here to tell the tale :D

Edited by tartanexile81

Servers don't spit into your food-that is so old hat. Now they use Visine to get back at nasty customers.

I am on message boards for servers and yes they will do things to your food.

I had to check to make sure this wasn't MY post. I agree with every word in your post. There is NOTHING on the bathroom counters. Toothbrush is in a glass in the medicine chest. The dresser is free of clutter. Clothes are not strewn around. They are either in the closet on a hanger or in the zip lock bag in the suitcase for dirty clothes and it's done as we wear them, not at the end of the cruise. I can't stand even looking in when the doors are open on the cabins because of the messes they leave. It is disgusting to see how some people expect the cabin steward to even get into the room with the landfill they have turned the cabin into.

Agree with both posts!!

I don't hide my toothbrush but keep it covered and put away at home and on vacation.

Yeah I hide my toothbrush ...

...I also take a wipes, heavy duty carpet cleaner in my luggage, a steam cleaner, a forensic CSI kit with UV light and a little gremlin that keeps ice cold in his mouth.

People need to stop being so paranoid and relax. The only thing you need to hide in your cabin is any 'fun bedroom' toys you brought. ;) As for the wipes I think if you are going to clean on your holiday you might as well stay at home and clean for free.

I just can't stop laughing!:D

I am on message boards for servers and yes they will do things to your food.

Yes, they will, but the torture of choice is Visine. It is not detectable and it will make you very sick!