Do you hide your toothbrush?

bplazo

my family thinks I am crazy because I will not allow toothbrushes to be left out (just never know if the rim of the toilet needs cleaning, I always bring Lysol, and I always make sure everything is neat and tidy before we leave the cabin

When I studied psychology at the University of California, the very first thing I learned was, <Just because you are paranoid, it doesn't mean they are NOT out to get you>

Hint: In any restaurant, always check your steak for shoe prints.

I've heard it all now. Dear oh dear.

Beware of the white sauce as well.......

Absolutely hilarious.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Forums mobile app

Edited by jennyau

Do you hide your toothbrush?

Hide it? Hide it from who ??:confused::confused:

Do you really think there is someplace in your stateroom you could "hide" something from your Stateroom Attendant ? I guess you could put it in your safe !!:p

Now at home…I usually have to find where the dog has left it...after chewing on it...before I can use it !:D

Woody

Edited by rwr235

(Rolls eyes) Crikey, the next thing you'll be telling us is not to eat the food because the chefs/wait staff spit in it. :eek: Or they use water from the toilet bowl to make delicious jus........Your family are correct - hiding your toothbrush is bonkers!

I'm not knocking anyone because each has to do what they're comfortable with. I've been on a lot of cruises and a lot of land vacations and I've never gone through a lot of the "rituals" that some adhere to. I don't wipe down the cabin, I drink the water out of the faucets, I don't hide the toothbrush and use public facilities when necessary. During a ceremony in Bora Bora, I actually drank from a cup that was passed around the circle of 21 people drinking one after the other-no cleaning in between! I do take a quick swipe of the tray and armrests on planes on long flights-they don't ever get cleaned. I do wash my hands often and usually stay away from the buffet. Other than that, I don't spend valuable vacation time worrying about getting sick.

I can't believe I am weighing in on this. No I don't hide them. As one who has worked in the service industry, you would have to be a total ass to make me take my time to get your toothbrush and stick it in a toilet. I have my own stuff to do.

As for my toothbrush. I leave it out. I don't put a cover on it until it goes in my suitcase. When it is on all I can think about is the bacteria that is building up on my wet toothbrush in an enclosed case.

But basically I don't worry too much about germs on vacation. That is what my immune system is for. And I've built it up to be fairly strong.

On which ships are there closets in the bathroom? I have never seen one on any Princess ship I have been on.

Carnival's Elation and Paradise have medicine cabinets.

DH puts his in his case. I put mine in a water glass, covered with tissue.

On which ships are there closets in the bathroom? I have never seen one on any Princess ship I have been on.

Celebrity S-class ships have them. It has a glass door on top, and a wood grain door at the bottom (right side of the photo).

EclipseTA037_01.jpg

Edited by boogs

We have battery powered toothbrushes and found little snap-on plastic covers in our pharmacy in the section where they sell travel items. Had to snip out a little larger opening, but it was easy to do. I'm not too worried about the flushing toilet, as someone said the lid must be down, but do think about cleaning products that our room steward might be spraying in the bathroom, or even coughing or sneezing. The precaution is simple, cheap, and easy, so why not do it?

On the ship no. At the hotel Yes. Google 10 or 15 things the hotel maids won't tell you. Not all the hotel maids are bad, but there are some.

M

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On the ship no. At the hotel Yes. Google 10 or 15 things the hotel maids won't tell you. Not all the hotel maids are bad, but there are some.

M

Or confession of the hotel maids.

My wife and I have both gotten into the habit of keeping our touthbrushes in a case. Of course that is because we get up at 4:30 am six days a week and go to the gym. They hold up better (and stay clean) in a case when you shower there every day but Sunday.

A side benefit is that our water/sewage bill has drop to almost nothing. :p

my family thinks I am crazy because I will not allow toothbrushes to be left out (just never know if the rim of the toilet needs cleaning, I always bring Lysol, and I always make sure everything is neat and tidy before we leave the cabin

Never have.

I don't hide my toothbrush on a ship. As someone else mentioned, the toilet lid has to be closed before flushing, so I doubt there is as much aerosolization. One study showed that toilet lids were effective in preventing the spread of a particular pathogen (Potential for aerosolization of Clostridium difficile after flushing toilets: The role of toilet lids in reducing environmental contamination risk).

At home, our toilet is in a separate room. So my toothbrush stays out on the counter there as well.

We keep ours in a glass in the cabinet, out of the way so the steward can do his job without our paraphernalia in his way. I would think the most likely scenario is that if it's out, it may drop on the floor (icky) and he picks it up with his not so clean hands (icky). It's put away but not hidden.

We keep ours in a glass in the cabinet, out of the way so the steward can do his job without our paraphernalia in his way. I would think the most likely scenario is that if it's out, it may drop on the floor (icky) and he picks it up with his not so clean hands (icky). It's put away but not hidden.

Exactly! I put mine away ... not hiding it. At home we put ours in our bathroom cabin beside the sink.

LuLu