Beverage Packages - What's Included Flyer - Explorer

Can you still get the soda only package or is it just royal replenish as this would be a waste for DD who will only be 9.

You can still get soda only, which is called Royal Refreshment now. Still $4.50 per day plus 15% for children.

This is such a helpful thread! We are getting ready for our first Royal cruise in December (on the Allure) so we are newbies to these things. We cannot decide whether to get a package or not, or which one if we do...we may just wait til we board.

Does anyone have a short list of the types of wines that are available? I'm not sure if that is just one long list, or vastly changes from ship to ship, so sorry if it is a silly question! Thanks. :)

This is such a helpful thread! We are getting ready for our first Royal cruise in December (on the Allure) so we are newbies to these things. We cannot decide whether to get a package or not, or which one if we do...we may just wait til we board.

Does anyone have a short list of the types of wines that are available? I'm not sure if that is just one long list, or vastly changes from ship to ship, so sorry if it is a silly question! Thanks. :)

Unfortunately, there is no one list, long or short. There are many wine lists, from the Main Dining Room, to the Champagne Bar, to Vintages, to each specialty restaurant.

Here is a drink list from Gambee that has some wines listed:

http://cruisewithgambee.com/royal-caribbean-drink/

Currently booked on Enchantment Aug 4-8 and thinking about getting a drink package. Wonder if I could get shots of Patron in either of the 55.00 or 65.00 package?? Or shots of Fireball, jagerbombs? That would be the only way I would get the package

Currently booked on Enchantment Aug 4-8 and thinking about getting a drink package. Wonder if I could get shots of Patron in either of the 55.00 or 65.00 package?? Or shots of Fireball, jagerbombs? That would be the only way I would get the package

I can't answer the question about whether shots are included, however, there's no difference in which alcoholic drinks are included between the $55 and $65 packages.

It's interesting to me that it states on the Select Package that it includes beer under $6.50. I hadn't seen a limit posted anywhere for beers on the Select Package, and assumed that it was the same as the Premium. Royal definitely doesn't state that on the beverage package page on the website, so I'd be a little ticked to find that out on board! Although maybe there aren't many beers over $6.50 other than those we know are excluded (Foster's, Chimay, etc...)

It's interesting to me that it states on the Select Package that it includes beer under $6.50. I hadn't seen a limit posted anywhere for beers on the Select Package, and assumed that it was the same as the Premium. Royal definitely doesn't state that on the beverage package page on the website, so I'd be a little ticked to find that out on board! Although maybe there aren't many beers over $6.50 other than those we know are excluded (Foster's, Chimay, etc...)

I think you are seeing an old, obsolete document that mentions the $6.50 limit for beer. This past November, Royal changed all the packages, and any value limits associated with beer were removed.

Thank you for such an informative thread.

I'm thinking of getting the premium package for our upcoming cruise. I've sailed RCI before but never with an alcohol package. We've had them on Celebrity and like the freedom it gives. I have a couple of questions:

1) A previous post mentions a $14 Martini - are there many drinks/cocktails over the limit of the premium package? On celebrity it pretty much covers everything except a Martini flight.

2) If you do buy a drink over the $10 maximum, do you have to pay the full amount or just the difference?

Many thanks

Nigel.

Thank you for such an informative thread.

I'm thinking of getting the premium package for our upcoming cruise. I've sailed RCI before but never with an alcohol package. We've had them on Celebrity and like the freedom it gives. I have a couple of questions:

1) A previous post mentions a $14 Martini - are there many drinks/cocktails over the limit of the premium package? On celebrity it pretty much covers everything except a Martini flight.

2) If you do buy a drink over the $10 maximum, do you have to pay the full amount or just the difference?

Many thanks

Nigel.

You would pay the difference for any cocktail over $10.

So let me get this straight....if I buy the premium package I cant get an orange juice but I can order a screwdriver?

I did not think they used fresh squeezed orange juice in the screwdrivers. I thought it was the regular juice like the kind in the Windjammer.

Edited by dacsmom

So let me get this straight....if I buy the premium package I cant get an orange juice but I can order a screwdriver?

I did not think they used fresh squeezed orange juice in the screwdrivers. I thought it was the bottled juice like the kind in the Windjammer.

You are correct. OJ concentrate is free at breakfast, and that is what's used in cocktails. Fresh squeezed is extra.

The Premium package would generally cover me. The only thing I would want from the replenish package (and hence the upgrade to Ultimate) is Red Bull. So can anyone answer this:

If I order a Vodka and Red Bull - is it covered by the Premium package (since it's $10 on the cocktail menu)?

I don't really want to pay the extra $10 for the Ultimate just to get the Red Bull. But I will if anything to do with Red Bull is going to be outside the Premium package (the Ultimate is still going to save me money over my usual cruise bar tab). I just have no need at all for sodas, specialty coffees, teas, sparkling water or fresh squeezed OJ. :)

Thanks!

I think you are seeing an old, obsolete document that mentions the $6.50 limit for beer. This past November, Royal changed all the packages, and any value limits associated with beer were removed.

So is it pretty safe to assume that most domestic beers are included in the Select Package ? DH drinks Coors Light and I just want to make sure that is offered.

Thanks

So is it pretty safe to assume that most domestic beers are included in the Select Package ? DH drinks Coors Light and I just want to make sure that is offered.

Thanks

Yes, domestic beers included.

Is Evian the only bottled water available or are there other brands too?

Evian is the only bottled water available for individual purchase or in the water package.

The unlimited beverage packages use Crystal Geyser or some other brand.

Evian is the only bottled water available for individual purchase or in the water package.

The unlimited beverage packages use Crystal Geyser or some other brand.

This is our first RCCL cruise. From what I'm reading you can't bring your own case of water on board like on NCL. Is this correct? Only an issue because I hate the taste of Evian

This is our first RCCL cruise. From what I'm reading you can't bring your own case of water on board like on NCL. Is this correct? Only an issue because I hate the taste of Evian

Royal's rules prohibit bringing any beverage on board except for for two bottles of wine per stateroom. However the rules are rarely enforced in the case of water or soda.

Royal's rules prohibit bringing any beverage on board except for for two bottles of wine per stateroom. However the rules are rarely enforced in the case of water or soda.

Thanks. I guess I'll try to put some in my luggage or bring some empty refillable bottles.