Beverage Packages - What's Included Flyer - Explorer

I must admit it cracks me up that even with the Ultimate package you still can't get a can of soft drink?

You can take beers and wines back to the cabin but heaven help us if we want a Coke Zero!!

I agree, but you can get Coke Zero if you are on one of the 8 ships (none in Oz) with a Coke Freestyle machine.

I keep getting conflicting stories as to which beers are included/excluded from the Select package. I take my own hard liquor, but enjoy my beers during the day. I also enjoy Murphy's at the pub. Some say yes, some say no.... going on the Allure in Oct.. does anyone have any RECENT experience?

• 1 month later...

I'm seeing different prices listed for my upcoming Quantum cruise, actually LOWER prices...wondering if that is just a glitch or if the prices have changed? I'm behind on my cruise critic reading, so I don't know if this has been covered, but I did search and couldn't find anything about it.

I'm seeing different prices listed for my upcoming Quantum cruise, actually LOWER prices...wondering if that is just a glitch or if the prices have changed? I'm behind on my cruise critic reading, so I don't know if this has been covered, but I did search and couldn't find anything about it.

What has changed is that 15% is now being added to the listed prices. So all prices have gone up a bit, except for the Ultimate package which has gone down. Ignore the part of the website that says the gratuity is included.

Yep, I just realized what they did and decided to come back here and delete my post if I still could! lol I hate that they did that, I find it a bit sneaky, although of course now I'm considering the ultimate package instead of the premium I usually choose. Which I'm sure is what they intended! :rolleyes:

If you buy a Beverage Package online prior to sailing will that information be listed on my room key/sail card at check in?

I have only sailed with HAL and they have a separate drink card that is delivered to your cabin the evening of day one. I did not like this as I had to purchase drinks until the card was delivered that evening.

In that situation I would be more inclined to wait to purchase once on board.

Sorry if this has been asked and I did not catch it in the thread or search feature.

If you buy a Beverage Package online prior to sailing will that information be listed on my room key/sail card at check in?

I have only sailed with HAL and they have a separate drink card that is delivered to your cabin the evening of day one. I did not like this as I had to purchase drinks until the card was delivered that evening.

In that situation I would be more inclined to wait to purchase once on board.

Sorry if this has been asked and I did not catch it in the thread or search feature.

Yes, when you get your SeaPass card at check-in, it will have a sticker indicating your beverage package.

Edited by clarea

Are the after dinner shots/drinks they offer included in the Premium Package?

You will receive many differing responses to this one. On every cruise we have been on sine the packages were introduced, we were able to get the after dinner shots, just not in the souvenir shot glass. Never been a problem with any of our drink waiters. However, others will tell you that they did not get them. Now - I don't know if that means they didn't get the souvenir glass, so didn't get the shot or what - can only go on our experience, and in 7 cruises since the packages were introduced, on several different ships, we got the after dinner shots no probe in regular shot glasses. Tasty treat!

Royal Refreshment - does anybody know if the 'soda' package includes plain soda (carbonated) water? This is pretty much all I drink.

I will have a daily cup of regular coffee, sparkling water, and occasionally a glass of wine with a nice dinner.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Royal Refreshment - does anybody know if the 'soda' package includes plain soda (carbonated) water? This is pretty much all I drink.

I will have a daily cup of regular coffee, sparkling water, and occasionally a glass of wine with a nice dinner.

It includes soda water and tonic water.

No. Not quite a price thing, they have excluded Guinness and Murphy's either, which are cheaper and also do have less alcohol than Grolsch and Leffe's blond. I guess it's more a brand thing

Interesting, could it be because both might be on tap and would take longer to pour, extending the waiting time, etc.? Much easier to pop the cap off a bottle and serve the next customer straight away. :)

I must admit it cracks me up that even with the Ultimate package you still can't get a can of soft drink?

You can take beers and wines back to the cabin but heaven help us if we want a Coke Zero!!

Is it ok to order stuff and take it back to the room, or must all drinks be consumed on the premises?

On a side note, my parents will be on the same cruise in a different cabin, and most likely they won't bother with any drinks package but will simply charge everything to their account. Since we will all be having dinners together, can I use my 20% discount on wine bottles and always charge the wine to my name/account?

...Is it ok to order stuff and take it back to the room, or must all drinks be consumed on the premises?

On a side note, my parents will be on the same cruise in a different cabin, and most likely they won't bother with any drinks package but will simply charge everything to their account. Since we will all be having dinners together, can I use my 20% discount on wine bottles and always charge the wine to my name/account?

You can take drinks back to your stateroom, and you can share any wine bottle that you purchase.

You can take drinks back to your stateroom, and you can share any wine bottle that you purchase.

Is this just with the Ultimate package?

I read somewhere that you can only order (free/included) drinks one at a time. Is it possible to get a couple bottles of beer and take them all to the cabin?

Is this just with the Ultimate package?

I read somewhere that you can only order (free/included) drinks one at a time. Is it possible to get a couple bottles of beer and take them all to the cabin?

You can take beverages from any of the packages back to your stateroom. However, you can only get one drink at a time.

I take it that on the premium package, where cocktails up to $10 are included, you just pay the difference when ordering more expensive ones?

How to they treat beers with a star next to them on the menu (meaning they're not included in the package), do you pay the full price even with a package that includes beer?

I take it that on the premium package, where cocktails up to $10 are included, you just pay the difference when ordering more expensive ones? Yes, you pay the difference for any cocktail over $10.

How to they treat beers with a star next to them on the menu (meaning they're not included in the package), do you pay the full price even with a package that includes beer? Yes, you pay full price for any beer not included.

Answers in RED.

Edited by clarea

Many thanks Clarea. :)

Just a hypothetical question regarding etiquette - I will most likely have a premium drinks package whereas my dad prefers to pay according to what he orders each time. In other words, I will get free beer whereas he will pay for his whenever he wants one.

Would there be anything wrong if we each get a different beer and then... decide to switch? :) Just curious...

Many thanks Clarea. :)

Just a hypothetical question regarding etiquette - I will most likely have a premium drinks package whereas my dad prefers to pay according to what he orders each time. In other words, I will get free beer whereas he will pay for his whenever he wants one.

Would there be anything wrong if we each get a different beer and then... decide to switch? :) Just curious...

Anything you get via your alcohol package is not supposed to be shared with anyone else.