Need some advice- 12/13/14, 7 day cruise

We have been able to kayak in Moorea but only in Cooks Bay never Opunohu.

Sita,

The ship almost never goes to Cooks any more. They only stop there if there is a large ship on Opunohu. Thats why I said the waves can be large and I havent seen it open. In the old days ( regent days) when it did dock at Cooks I agree but havent seen it recently.

I dont know if you have noticed but the lagoon around the entrance and where the ship anchors is quite rough these days. A far cry from the beautiful palette light blue waters we used to see before. I am talking changes in the last 10 years. On the other hand I find the lovely blue colours everpresent in the Tahaa lagoon. I guess the ocean gives and the ocean taketh away!

• 1 month later...

Getting more and more excited as this trip grows closer.:D

A couple more questions:

1. What is the best way to get from the Airport to Le Meridian in Tahiti? Taxi, shuttle, etc? Typical cost?

2. Then what is the best way to get from Le Meridian to the ship?

3. Can we book a day room post cruise while on the ship or should I call now?

We booked our pre hotel and flights separately, thanks in advance!

Getting more and more excited as this trip grows closer.:D

A couple more questions:

1. What is the best way to get from the Airport to Le Meridian in Tahiti? Taxi, shuttle, etc? Typical cost?

2. Then what is the best way to get from Le Meridian to the ship?

3. Can we book a day room post cruise while on the ship or should I call now?

We booked our pre hotel and flights separately, thanks in advance!

1&2: taxi. We were at Le Meridien overnight post-cruise recently and it was really very nice. Can't remember the exact cab costs. We booked our early morning drive with the cabbie who brought us to the hotel--he booked others too, filling a small van, to the airport, so the costs were lower. The price is nothing unreasonable.

I would not count on being able to book a dayroom from the ship. You might be able to do it by email, their website is: http://www.lemeridientahiti.com/. Perhaps Emdee will reply--she did a dayroom there last month.

Edited by Wendy The Wanderer

1&2: taxi. We were at Le Meridien overnight post-cruise recently and it was really very nice. Can't remember the exact cab costs. We booked our early morning drive with the cabbie who brought us to the hotel--he booked others too, filling a small van, to the airport, so the costs were lower. The price is nothing unreasonable.

I would not count on being able to book a dayroom from the ship. You might be able to do it by email, their website is: http://www.lemeridientahiti.com/. Perhaps Emdee will reply--she did a dayroom there last month.

Our AMEX plat concierge booked it for us very cheaply.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It absolutely was the best trip! My husband and I are already planning our 2016 cruise. The PG website already has the sailing dates available. The only thing we are changing this time is that we are adding a post-cruise stay on Moorea in addition to a pre-cruise on Bora Bora.

• 1 month later...
I saw one or two bad ones. Flurry?

Take all the reviews as a whole. Don't forget there are people who hated Casablanca and The Godfather!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

DW and I hope to sail the PG for our 15th anniversary. next year. When I read your post, and saw the reference to Casablanca and The Godfather, I thought "this guy must be from NY/NJ".

We moved to Texas from Toms River ( near 37 and Vaughn) ten years ago. Had to follow my job, and can't wait to move. Retirement in 29 months (not that I'm counting) most likely in Fl. Sure do miss being "down the shore"!

This was the best vacation of our life!!!!

I would not hesitate to recommend this trip/cruise to anyone. We had so much fun. I was just looking back on the pictures and still can't believe how awesome it was.

Thanks for all of the help and insight!

So glad to see you following up on your trip, and to see that you loved it. We too were back last fall, and are starting to hanker for another already. It's addictive, isn't it?