Packing!!! Any tips on what to/not to pack...

easybay

I think it's more like women complaining about who has taken whose washing/drying out of the machines to put their own in!

Have actually come across a couple of men ironing shirts in there!

Men in the laundry,whatever next.

There is such a good laundry and dry cleaning service on board and reasonably priced,I don't know why people waste their vacation time.

We usually use the laundry service, but I've had reason to visit the laundry room a couple of times. I've only seen men in there, gossiping about other guests. :p

Washing powder is supplied. If you use dryer sheets, take some of your own, I don't think those were available.

The machines are Maytag brand. I'm so impressed with them based on choice of cycles and efficiency, that I'm tempted to change to Maytag next time my own washing machine needs replacing. Top loading, which is an oddity if you're British.

Thank you ladies for clearing up the confusion over a concentrator and a diffuser. I'm afraid if my curly hair were concentrated rather than diffused, it would be truly frightening!

Mine too, especially in tropical climates!

Men in the laundry,whatever next.

There is such a good laundry and dry cleaning service on board and reasonably priced,I don't know why people waste their vacation time.

We use the Laundry service quite a bit but sometimes it works better to wash our smalls in the machines.

My DH, being the nice guy he is will do this early in the morning as he wakes earlier. Try it John...........you might impress Mrs L! :D

Also we mention the laundry service because as part of Seabourn frequent cruiser benefits you can acquire complimentary laundry bags one a week as part of the benefit.

However for first time cruisers you can utilise the US$50 per bag wash. It is almost a game where you see the best value for money for stuffing a bag. Ours was $86 :). They say washing only but they come back beautifully pressed on hangers. Any underwear comes back pressed, folded in tissue paper in a cane basket. It always makes me smile.

Hope this helps.

Julie

Edited by frantic36

We use the Laundry service quite a bit but sometimes it works better to wash our smalls in the machines.

My DH, being the nice guy he is will do this early in the morning as he wakes earlier. Try it John...........you might impress Mrs L! :D

We give our smalls away and just put on new ones.:p

Mrs L gives hers to the stewardess and I give mine to the Captain.

Edited by Mr Luxury

Here's a serious comment on the laundry - it's really far too small for the number of guests - always in use at busy times with a queue of people/bags of laundry waiting for a free machine. So you end up going back and forth to a get a turn.

I found getting up at 6am is the best way to ensure an empty machine - get a quick load done before breakfast / day's activities. I would recommend bringing your own detergent as I found Seabourn's to be very 'harsh' - literally stripped the colour out of a couple of almost new t-shirts. I also use the ship's laundry but prefer to do our own underwear, PJ's and knockabout t-shirts. (Our next cruise will be the first time we qualify for one of the free bag of laundry perks - but this worries me a bit as I prefer to separate colours but to get full use of the bag wash I presume you need to put colours all together).

No worries, have mixed colors in my laundry bags on numerous occasions and never a problem with bleeding I love how everything comes back either neatly folded in the basket or ironed on hangers. That and getting a discount on the premium wine list are two of my favorite Seabourn perks.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I can only add to the praise for the laundry system (OK, we do get a free bag once a week) I wash out our 'smalls' and hang over the bath, but send other things to the laundry and they come back ( usually quicker than the 2 or 3 days they say) beautifully ironed and hanging on hangers, often put back into your closet by your stewardess, and the nightwear etc. in the little basket. You can get an amazing amount into the bag, even including jeans etc. which take up a lot of room. Probably at least 8 items. No colour problems.