Meet and Mingle Registration still broken (Threads Merged)

Thank you, but can you please let us know about these things so we can properly route them to the correct groups who can assist. I can send you an email with my contact information again if necessary. Thanks again!

Really? This issue has been around for many months and when I call Celebrity, shouldn't they be able to route me to a group that can assist?

I have been trying to register for a December sailing since May. If I just enter my ship and sail date, I get a message that the sailing does not exist! If I enter my booking number with ship and sailing date, I get the page that has our names. I check both names and enter my e-mail address and submit. The names section disappears and the section asking for my e-mail address and to subscibe is there, but the boxes are all cleared.

I have a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science and have worked on Computer Systems for over 30 years and I have never (well maybe once) seen such a muddle of an upgrade of a commercial site! Whomever was behind doing the X site upgrade one page at a time should be out of a job!

Wondering if attendance is down b/c of the registration issues..?

is there anyway for folks to register by calling Celeb..?

Hi Hcat,

I'm fairly certain that Celebrity cannot register you on the phone.

Folks, here's some helpful information. If your sailing is coming up soon, and you are unable to register ? Don't worry ! Everyone is welcome to attend, and an invite is not required. When you board the ship, ask Guest Relations (or the Event Coordinator) for the time and location of the meet and mingle, and they will be happy to provide the information.

I have been trying to register for a December sailing since May. If I just enter my ship and sail date, I get a message that the sailing does not exist! If I enter my booking number with ship and sailing date, I get the page that has our names. I check both names and enter my e-mail address and submit. The names section disappears and the section asking for my e-mail address and to subscibe is there, but the boxes are all cleared.

I'm having this exact same issue. So you are not alone.

Thank you, but can you please let us know about these things so we can properly route them to the correct groups who can assist. I can send you an email with my contact information again if necessary. Thanks again!

"let us know about these things"?? Surely, you jest! "these things", these very things, have been happening for months! Please do not make it sound like it will be remedied if only the proper people knew about it. It insults everyone.

Hi Hcat,

Folks, here's some helpful information. If your sailing is coming up soon, and you are unable to register ? Don't worry ! Everyone is welcome to attend, and an invite is not required. When you board the ship, ask Guest Relations (or the Event Coordinator) for the time and location of the meet and mingle, and they will be happy to provide the information.

Hi Host Andy,

I very much appreciate your positive attitude.

However, it is my understanding that if there are not 25 people registered PRIOR to the sailing, the Connections event does NOT happen.

Susan

Edited by bbeltmom

Agree it's a bit much celebrity saying tell us about it. I've emailed phoned and sent Facebook private messages multiple times to celebrity and while everyone so far has responded quickly all I ever get is its a known problem and will be fixed soon but don't know when. As it's been so long why can't celebrity give an idea of when it will be fixed please if you're still getting notifications from this thread? It's not just the meet n greet that's a problem the xpress pass, my payment details, luggage tags and edocs are also not working I just get a standard holding page of we'll be back soon. I've emailed celebrity screen shots of this multiple times. I agree with above poster about it can't seriously be that difficult to solve the web site issues that it takes this long

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Forums mobile app

Hi Hcat,

Hi Andy,

We are frequent cruisers, and are looking forward to our first on Celebrity.

We thought it would be fun to meet some of the other Cruise Critic members.

I am not sure you understand. If less than 25 people are signed up prior to 72 hours of departure there will be NO meeting to discuss with Guest Relations after boarding. They will simply say there is no meeting. How can you get a count for the August 8, 2014 Solstice cruise? If there are not 25 registered we need another way to sign up. Currently it is impossible to sign up before sailing. It appears if Celebrity wanted to fix their website they would have. Perhaps they no longer want the meets and are using IT as the excuse.

Hi Andy,

We are frequent cruisers, and are looking forward to our first on Celebrity.

We thought it would be fun to meet some of the other Cruise Critic members.

I am not sure you understand. If less than 25 people are signed up prior to 72 hours of departure there will be NO meeting to discuss with Guest Relations after boarding. They will simply say there is no meeting. How can you get a count for the August 8, 2014 Solstice cruise? If there are not 25 registered we need another way to sign up. Currently it is impossible to sign up before sailing. It appears if Celebrity wanted to fix their website they would have. Perhaps they no longer want the meets and are using IT as the excuse.

The conspiracy theorist in me thinks you could be correct. The practical part of me sees that the website has so many problems, it's more likely their IT/programming staff is just inept.

Hi Folks,

We are on the Solstice Alaska cruise in August.

Wanted to sign up for Meet and Mingle, but after filling out all requested fields ended up on Celebrity site stating "page not found". Notice sticky from April about issues with Celebrity website updated again in early June stating continued problems . Notice only 13 sign ups. Must be people who signed up before April. Wonder what the number would be if the process worked?

Any suggestions on how to register?

Thanks

Still down. As everyone says it's far from professional....let's hope the cruise is ok......

The conspiracy theorist in me thinks you could be correct. The practical part of me sees that the website has so many problems, it's more likely their IT/programming staff is just inept.

Agree think there are lots of issues that celebrity must surely want to work ie. Xpress passes, luggage tags etc? Don't understand why they don't seem interested to fix the issues it's not a good first impression for first time cruisers with celebrity

Hi Hcat,

Thank you Andy..

we registered long ago and our roll call hit the req number...but hoping new roll call members can sign up...we'll let roll call members know it is being worked on,,,

hcat

Just got the same msg:

We Apologize for the Error.

The page you're looking for can't be found. It could be that the page has moved, the page has been eliminated, or the web address entered could be incorrect. To navigate away from this error page, click on a link above or below, or redirect to Celebrity Cruises website.

After the reported comments by one of the Cruise Directors about Cruise Critic it does make ya go hummmm.

Edited by wallie5446

....The practical part of me sees that the website has so many problems, it's more likely their IT/programming staff is just inept.

The only two explanations I can come up with are

(1) their IT programming staff are down in the basement and resemble The IT Crowd (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0487831/)

(2) the CEO has outsourced the IT work to his son who does it in his his bedroom after tea and before playing Call of Duty on his Xbox.

Either way the result is an unbelievably inept website.

I too met a blank after entering all the information and surprise surprise I had a confirmation of the invitation this a.m.......

Hope to see you all there.

Several people on our roll call have signed successfully only to get an email saying they had cancelled instead of the email saying they are now registered. I had that happen to me initially but for the last few weeks get nothing but the page not found screen after pushing enter.

As I try to register again each day for my Connections event, I am reminded of the definition of insanity: Repeating the same action over and over again and expecting different results!:rolleyes:

Just repeating my request to Celebrity to FIX THEIR WEB SITE ISSUES!!!:eek:

(Oh - I guess that makes me even more insane - expecting their web site to work properly...)

Hi Folks,

I realize this ranks sort of on the bottom of the list compared to everything else going on in the world, but nice to see a little progress.

After the frustration of not getting any response from Celebrity to resolve, I contacted my TA and asked him to make inquiries. He was told that the issue was "temporary" and should be resolved shortly. I tried a handful of times on 7/27 and 7/28 with no success. Put in another call to TA and he called back this morning and made him go through process. It worked! We are on the Solstice, August 8. Right now the sign up has increased from 13 to 15. It has been 13 for at least a month. So any of you that have given up, try again. Let's get to our 25 for our cruise and the minimum for everyone else. Please let us all know if it works for you. Good luck! :)

I was just able to sign up about 30 minutes ago using IE 9, but could not do it using Google Chrome.

Ah I was Google Chrome will try IE and see if that works :) didn't book through a TA booked direct with celebrity in UK

Thanks