Anyone get a free cruise offer from Promotions 2 U in the mail

wallybone

I too got the free cruise card from what looked like norwegian . It called for a 90 min sit down & listen okay Ive done this before was paid did get gifts so okay i can say no what will it hurt? Well The $ 9995 price dropped to $7995. then okay first one in the group to yell out gets $2000. off.. boom not so fast me Im not interested let me think about it , shhhhh lets be quiet i can give it to you for $2995.. NO I need to think give me a week !!!!! hey youre in calif you can get a refund if you cancel within 5 days ..... AGAIN NO okay hey you still get all the same stuff offered how about i do the deal for....all time low $$$1995. ...guy must think im on the hook.....i say give me your # Ill call you tomorrow just give me my FREE CRUISE AND AIRTICKETS...... $300.oo processing for inside cabin 4 day 3 night .....airfare $300 non refundable process fe good for 3 day 2 night stay must be used on mon or tues first night enough yet

While I am well able to resist a sales pitch, unless the payoff is really worth it (!), I'd really rather not put myself through the stress of resisting every psychological crowbar known to man. Thanks so much for putting this one to rest. You took one for the team!

........ $300 processing for inside cabin 4 day 3 night .....airfare $300 non refundable process fee good for 3 day 2 night stay must be used on mon or tues first night enough yet

So, even if you dealt with the presentation or if they even waived it, do you REALLY want the prize - inside cabin on less than great cruise to start with.

I would say no way.

I received the letter from promotions2u for Norwegian cruise lines promo. Going to the presentation on 7/26/14. I will let everyone know if it is a scam. Reason we are going is few years back we went to one of these and did get a free cruise, dinner. Taxes etc. are extra. of course. I have no problem saying no and being a a-**** if they don't deliver. Will let you know tomorrow.

Hello pigski! Please tell me how it went. We are supposed to go to the presentation tonight (August 12) and I am really concerned at wasting my time and going through the whole thing if it is a ripoff. What specifically do they want you to buy?

Hello pigski! Please tell me how it went. We are supposed to go to the presentation tonight (August 12) and I am really concerned at wasting my time and going through the whole thing if it is a ripoff. What specifically do they want you to buy?

Please don't waste your time. It's not worth it!!!!

When it comes to free cruises you can get one from any travel agent. Instead of the money going to the "fare" it goes to taxes and fees. In the end it turns out to be the same amount paid.

My mom got a free cruise one time and it turned out to be like $12 MORE just in taxes and fees than going direct to NCL and paying fare+fees.

When it comes to free cruises you can get one from any travel agent. Instead of the money going to the "fare" it goes to taxes and fees. In the end it turns out to be the same amount paid.

My mom got a free cruise one time and it turned out to be like $12 MORE just in taxes and fees than going direct to NCL and paying fare+fees.

Yeah, I mentioned this on page one.

The "free" cruise is usually the bottom-tier inside cabin on an unpopular sailing, where you can get the same thing for $50-$100 over taxes+NCF. And you don't have to go to any scam timeshare presentation, where they may or may not keep their word to give you a cruise.

• 3 weeks later...

ok, so I'd like to know of all the people who said they got one in the mail, did anyone attend? This is not a timeshare presentation but rather a travel club presentation. I looked at their website online, not much there. Not much in way of complaints either. They advised over phone that the voucher is for free 8 day cruise and no money down until you book. Hubby says if it sounds too good to be true it probably is, but a free cruise does sound tempting. So, I am curious of all the people who posted, did anyone attend? Is this legit?

A lady I work with went to the presentation with her husband in August. She walked out with 5500.00 less in her checkbook.

It was for a "travel club". For the 5500.00 they now have access to "amazing deals on various trips"......you know the type of deals that we all get sent to us via spam from various travel agencies that we can use for free? There is also a 240.00 "maintenance fee" each year.

From looking at the website with her it appears the deals are not THAT great and certainly not worth 5500.00.

They were offered the free cruise OR they could turn the cruise in and have 2500.00 taken off the price of their travel club membership. The price started out at like 12,000. Once they lowered it and took the 2500.00 off they wrote a check for 5500.00.

I say you should throw it away and don't look back. I feel bad and didn't have the heart to tell the lady I work with how badly she was taken as there is nothing she can do about it now.

Kevin and Sandy

ok, so I'd like to know of all the people who said they got one in the mail, did anyone attend? This is not a timeshare presentation but rather a travel club presentation. I looked at their website online, not much there. Not much in way of complaints either. They advised over phone that the voucher is for free 8 day cruise and no money down until you book. Hubby says if it sounds too good to be true it probably is, but a free cruise does sound tempting. So, I am curious of all the people who posted, did anyone attend? Is this legit?

It's a scam.

Throw it away.

Scroll up and read some of the other posts in this thread, including one from a guy who tried this and didn't get what he was promised.

I have read here that a few of you have gone to the 90 minute presentation and were going to get back to us. So far I haven't read any replies from anyone who went. Our appt us for 9/10 and I would like to hear from someone who attended. I need to talk my husband into attending.

Edited by janicerose

I have read here that a few of you have gone to the 90 minute presentation and were going to get back to us. So far I haven't read any replies from anyone who went. Our appt us for 9/10 and I would like to hear from someone who attended. I need to talk my husband into attending.

Why are you trying to talk your husband into attending?

IT IS A SCAM!

There is enough information in this thread to lead him to this conclusion.

What are you hoping to gain from attending this presentation?

Do you really think you are going to get a "free" cruise?

Do you not realize all of the scam angles going on here, and that at best you are going to get a bottom-barrel inside cabin and still be required to pay taxes & NCF (meaning almost what it would go for on the open market) anyway?

Amazed that people read this whole thread and are still signing up to go.

I have gone to the time share presentations and come out with 3 night stays in Tahoe and Vegas several times and it was worth my time. I just asked for someone who HAS attended to please reply. I would like to be able to tell my husband that it is real or it's not with the knowledge that another cruiser had experienced it. I didn't see a response from anyone who actually had attended this promotion.

Thanks though for trying to do whatever it was you were tying to do.

I have gone to the time share presentations and come out with 3 night stays in Tahoe and Vegas several times and it was worth my time. I just asked for someone who HAS attended to please reply. I would like to be able to tell my husband that it is real or it's not with the knowledge that another cruiser had experienced it. I didn't see a response from anyone who actually had attended this promotion.

Thanks though for trying to do whatever it was you were tying to do.

This is different than the Tahoe/Vegas presentations, as those tend to be put on by mostly reputable companies. If you can tolerate the aggressive presentation and are good at saying "no", then yes, you can get a 2-3 night hotel stay out of it.

However, this company is shady in so many ways.

First off, they have zero presence on the web. This is likely because they keep changing names to avoid bad reviews showing up in google results.

Second, they falsely imply that they are affiliated with NCL. They are not.

Third, you are getting something of very little value, even in the best case scenario.

At best, you will receive an inside, deck 4 cabin on an unpopular sailing date. The same cabin could be purchased for about $50 more than your "free" cabin will cost you, as you will still be stuck paying taxes, NCF, and DSC (tips).

So you will end up paying something like $340 per person to get this "free" cruise, when the exact same cruise could be had directly through NCL at $390 per person. And unlike booking directly through NCL, you will have little-to-no choice in itinerary or date.

And that's the best case.

The more likely case is that they screw you in some way, including not giving you the cruise if you refuse to buy anything, or charging you the taxes & NCF up front and running off.

Is it really worth putting yourself through all of this to save $50 per person in the BEST CASE scenario, given so many potential pitfalls?

Do you wonder why not a single person has returned to this thread with a glowing report of how well the whole thing went for them?

Please use some common sense here.

I'm posting this promo on this board because it's the only one that I join in cruise discussions. Just opened my mail and received a promo for 2 for a NCL 8/7, including air fare. I'm ever so skeptical of any promo and was wondering if anyone received like. The correspondence is from "Promotion 2 U and indicates that thy are an authorized agent of NCL. It also has a NCL logo.

Edited by nelblu
add'l info

I'm posting this promo on this board because it's the only one that I join in cruise discussions. Just opened my mail and received a promo for 2 for a NCL 8/7, including air fare. I'm ever so skeptical of any promo and was wondering if anyone received like. The correspondence is from "Promotion 2 U and indicates that thy are an authorized agent of NCL. It also has a NCL logo.

This was on the NCL form

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2076010

• 2 weeks later...

We got one as well. We called and are going to the 90 minute presentation on Monday. I am sure there will be some strings attached, but the presentation is at a hotel a mile from the house.

I was promised a 7 day cruise and free airfare. We'll see.

I will report back next week.