Norwegian Pearl

I am going on the Norwegian Pearl next March to the Caribbean. I am gathering any information people may have on this ship. Thank you for your assistance in this matter.

Don't try to order a bottle of house wine from any of the main dining rooms. They make excuses that they don't serve it, yet it is on the room service menu at $24.

What specifically are you looking for? CHECK OUT NCL.COM PLUS perhaps a few other sites such as cruisedeckplans.com. this class (jewel class) is mty favorite on ncl (size, number of passengers plus amenities) .

LovE the spa, thermal suites and STar BAR.

Sent from my SM-T210R using Forums mobile app

I too am keen to hear anything on the Pearl. Not about the Butlers, Concierges, Owner Suites or Haven, but the Pearl in general.

Not sure what information you're looking for but we've sailed her 4 times and love her. The crew has been consistently good, happy, and work hard to give us a great cruise. The Pearl is consistently rated as the top shop, or very close to the top ship in the fleet. The food is fine, the entertainment is OK, the ship is always clean. We've had consistently enjoyable cruising experiences on her. You'll have a great cruise on her.

Sent from my XT1080 using Forums mobile app

I am going on the Norwegian Pearl next March to the Caribbean. I am gathering any information people may have on this ship. Thank you for your assistance in this matter.

The Pearl is our favorite ship (she was our first). We've been on her 5 times including two PC 14 day cruises. We love the ship, its size, its crew. We like her Spinnaker Lounge and her Great Outdoors. The Pearl has one of the best buffets within the NCL fleet. She has a bridge observation room all the way forward on deck 11. For us, she is pretty much the perfect ship. When we are on her, we feel like we've come home. But......whatever ship we're on at the moment....we love them too. Any specific questions?

Folks could write pages and pages of information, not knowing what you might be looking for. I would suggest;

- reading reviews of the pearl in the review section

- scanning through posts here from the past week or two

- join the roll call for you cruse

- check ncl.com for info on the ship

- check ncl.com and read the FAQs

I was on the Pearl in May and will cruise on her again in November. I liked her much better than her sister ship the Jewell. I thought the crew was outstanding. I like the specialty restaurants, so I purchased the Ultimate Dining Package for November. In May I went to Cagney's and the Teppanyaki restaurant and both were excellent. I thought the buffet was really good, ate there a couple of times. Being in a suite, I was able to eat breakfast and lunch at Cagneys, the food, even though the menu stays the same, was very good and the service was exceptional. Cabin Steward and the Butler were exceptional.

I was on the Pearl in May and will cruise on her again in November. I liked her much better than her sister ship the Jewell. I thought the crew was outstanding. I like the specialty restaurants, so I purchased the Ultimate Dining Package for November. In May I went to Cagney's and the Teppanyaki restaurant and both were excellent. I thought the buffet was really good, ate there a couple of times. Being in a suite, I was able to eat breakfast and lunch at Cagneys, the food, even though the menu stays the same, was very good and the service was exceptional. Cabin Steward and the Butler were exceptional.

We're on the Jewel in November - what did you lime more about the Pearl than the Jewel?

We're on the Jewel in November - what did you lime more about the Pearl than the Jewel?

I thought the staff was more efficient on the Pearl and just didn't have the same feeling about the Jewell.

I think the OP was just asking for tips/suggestions that previous guests on the Pearl may have that don't necessarily appear on reviews. For example, there is a great post about secret tips for the NCL Sun that we read before our trip on the Sun last year that made the trip more enjoyable, such as knowing that Moderno is used as additional seating for the buffet during breakfast & lunch, etc. Tips that don't appear in general trip reviews are very helpful to future cruisers.

Gotcha - OP, here's some more info:

- You need to go bowling at least once in Bliss while the ship is underway. It's a blast.

- Be ready to hear the "Washy, washy, happy, happy, smiley, smiley song" at the buffet. They're a happy crew.

- Pay a visit to the bridge viewing area, it's pretty neat

- Make sure to attend the Newly Wed Game in Spinnaker. It's always a hilarious time

- If you like to drink, don't miss any of the tastings: beer, martini, etc. Always a good time.

- The food's good. If you eat in one of the main dining rooms, try and sweet talk the mater'd for some chocolate kreme brule'.

Have fun - she an awesome ship!

I am going on the Norwegian Pearl next March to the Caribbean. I am gathering any information people may have on this ship....

I think the OP was just asking for tips/suggestions that previous guests on the Pearl may have that don't necessarily appear on reviews.....

Maybe, maybe not. Many of the folks here (me included) start answering questions without any idea what the poster is asking for. And, often I think the poster never comes back. Just sayin.

We've been on the Pearl once and the Jewel twice. And we're going on the Jewel again in January. That said, I like the Pearl just a little bit better.

The two things that I think are better on the Pearl are the buffet and the spa. I purchased the spa package on the Pearl because it has a large therapy pool and the layout is much better. I love those heated loungers. When I toured the Jewel's spa, I didn't feel it was worth purchasing.

As for the buffet, we only ate there for breakfast and lunch but it was just much better than the Jewel's. The Jewel's is okay but the Pearl's is really good. The pretzel rolls on both ships are a must to try.

As for the rest of the ship, they are very much alike. We enjoyed Le Bistro on the Pearl and have eaten at Moderno's (good), Teppanyaki (good) and Cagney's (excellent) on the Jewel. I was initially hesitant about going to Cagneys since I'm not a huge steak lover but we received a meal there as a gift and have to say, I would spend the money to eat there again. I would rate the MDR's about the same on both ships. We always found something we liked and the wait staff was excellent.

They are both nice sized ships with friendly crews. You'll enjoy either of them.

• 1 month later...

We've been on the Pearl three times - very nice ship. We enjoy the Great Outdoors area, the Spinnaker Lounge and Bliss Ultra Lounge. Don't forget to bring socks so you can try the bowling and don't be afraid to ask for the bumpers to be put up. LOL my husband was a good bowler (3 300 games) and we still used the bumpers and scores were still quite low. The Pearl also has a wonderful spa.

Google beyond ships Norwegian Pearl photo tour. Love this site and their very well done ship reports. For some reason I can't post a clickable link and I don't have time right now to figure out why. Copying and pasting below address in your browser will also get you there.

http://www.beyondships.com/NCLPearl-Tour-1.html

Another resource I enjoy is youtube. Easy to spend a couple hours just surfing videos :)

We have been on the Pearl twice and the Jewel once, although we will be on the Jewel again in just 8 days. It always amuses me (not in a critical way) when someone says they like the Pearl better, or the Jewel better. They are sister ships and so much alike, with a few small or subtle differences here and there. But I too have an opinion, and I give a slight edge to the Jewel.

When I stopped to REALLY think about why, it really didn't have anything to do with the ship but rather the experience of that particular cruise and who we were with, the itinerary, etc.

The buffets on the 2 ships are a little different, but of the 5 NCL ships we've been on, both the Jewel and the Pearl are our favorite buffets, because of the layout. The Pearl's flows nicer than the Jewel's as far as the food stations but as far as the seating I think the Jewel's was better.

The Pearl has the bowling alley, if you're into that. But at this time the Pearl has not yet been refitted with the Blue Lagoon being changed to O'Sheehan's and Moderno being moved up to 13. Probably by the time you sail, all of the new and remodelled spaces will be up to date.

We have found the crew on both ships to be excellent.

Have a great time!

We were on the Pearl last Oct., and just got off the Jewel a week ago. I personally like the Pearl more. There are minor differences to between both ships, but I think the layout of the buffet is the biggest difference. I liked the idea of the islands on the Jewel, but it created traffic flow problems.

The overflow on the Pearl is La Cucina, so if you use the buffet and are having trouble finding a table go there.

The great outdoors is another option as well.

I liked the atrium on the Pearl more as well....got to watch several football games there.

I've sailed the Pearl twice and loved both trips. Once haven two bedroom suite and once inside stateroom. Service outstanding, fun and capable crew. Officers quite visible and engaging. Easy ship to figure your way around. Staterooms and ship condition in good condition, for example the beds even in the inside stateroom are extremely comfortable with good quality bedding and pillows. Some areas a little tacky such as the palm trees by the pool but not bothersome. Enjoyed the Pearl immensely better than our previous two cruises on Royal Caribbean and Carnival. Not as much of the loudspeaker announcements to come join the shopping seminar.... I know food is subjective but we thought food was much better on the Pearl.

Here is my suggestion for folks planning a cruise.

* Scroll down through posts from the past week or two. You will find answers to questions you did not even know about

* Read some reviews from past cruisers.

* Then ask specific questions, keep the subject line descriptive.

Enjoy