Azamara newbie question about excursions

ajaxup

Booked our first Azamara cruise and was wondering about land excursions. Have always sailed X and didn't really care for their excursions because they were so large and like a "cattle call". So we usually did private tours with other shipmates I found on our cruise's rollcall. Can any veteran Azamara passengers give me their opinions of Azamara's tours? I would think that they'd be much smaller because of the ship size, but I would appreciate some guidance from those with experience. Thanks in advance. :D

Booked our first Azamara cruise and was wondering about land excursions. Have always sailed X and didn't really care for their excursions because they were so large and like a "cattle call". So we usually did private tours with other shipmates I found on our cruise's rollcall. Can any veteran Azamara passengers give me their opinions of Azamara's tours? I would think that they'd be much smaller because of the ship size, but I would appreciate some guidance from those with experience. Thanks in advance. :D

Do as you've always done. Private tours with roll call participants always work for us. Isn't it better to be able to spend a day with like-minded people and plan an itinerary that suits you? You also won't wind up spending 45 minutes in the shop of the guide's brother-in-law looking at overpriced (a) rugs (b) jewelry or © trinkets.;)

We've taken fewer than 5 ship's tours ( in 20+ cruises ) - and that was only because they got us admitted to places we couldn't see otherwise.

Do as you've always done. Private tours with roll call participants always work for us. Isn't it better to be able to spend a day with like-minded people and plan an itinerary that suits you? You also won't wind up spending 45 minutes in the shop of the guide's brother-in-law looking at overpriced (a) rugs (b) jewelry or © trinkets.;)

We've taken fewer than 5 ship's tours ( in 20+ cruises ) - and that was only because they got us admitted to places we couldn't see otherwise.

Our recent experience has been the buses are the same size but far fewer guests in them around 15 was the typical number we had. Interestingly on one the guide said we usually stop at this factory but your cruiseline has asked us to skip this and do a photostop down the road so they do seem to be trying to tweak the product.

There are now a number of Azamara shore excursions that are very private and very good, like cookery classes and behind the scenes art tours, but they are more expensive.

I have been on buses with 20 people and with30 or more. Some if the wine tours were in 16 passage vans. Think that had tondo with the roads. Go with private tours. One port this summer I am using a ships tour as it a Monday and the building would be closed to the public.

I am glad you posted this as we will be going on our first Azamara cruise in September. Does anyone know if they provide transportation to the towns from the ship? I assume at least tenders to the dock? I prefer to do private excursions or find a couple of others who might want to join in to save on the cost.