Silly questions

This is probably a silly question but when ordering drinks for myself and all the family, I'll have to show all of our sea passes right? We all have drinks packages.

What happens with drinks in the Windjammer? Is there a drinks waiter to get bar drinks or a bar you go to yourself?

Is Windjammer open 24/7? If not, what are the opening times?

Is there air conditioning in an Ocean View room? (Indy)

I am worried about the ship being full and feeling very overcrowded (we go on 9th Aug in UK school holidays). I fear never being able to get a sun loungee on sea days and if this happens what do we do with ourselves? If anyone can put my mind at rest I'd be grateful.

There are European power points in the Indy cabins right?

This is our first cruise and while I'm very excited I'm also feeling a bit nervous about the unknowns.

Thanks

Davina

This is probably a silly question but when ordering drinks for myself and all the family, I'll have to show all of our sea passes right? We all have drinks packages.

Yes

What happens with drinks in the Windjammer? Is there a drinks waiter to get bar drinks or a bar you go to yourself?

There are drinks waiters--but on our last couple of cruises they were not coming by very often Sometimes we found it quicker and easier to run out to the pool bar to grab a drink.

No. Exact times will be listed in the cruise compass.

I am worried about the ship being full and feeling very overcrowded (we go on 9th Aug in UK school holidays). I fear never being able to get a sun loungee on sea days and if this happens what do we do with ourselves? If anyone can put my mind at rest I'd be grateful.

I do not tend to sail in August, but I have never seen all the loungers on top decks full. By the pool they might fill up, but if you just want to lounge in the sun, you should be able to find something.

That said, we almost never spend sea days at the pool or on a lounger. There are always lots of activities offered (rock climbing, skating, trivia, scavenger hunts, etc which we find much more fun. I don't think you will find yourself with nothing to do.

European (not UK) and US are in all cabins

Try to relax--I am sure you'll find plenty to do to have nice time and you will be able to figure everything out--it is not early so complicated as some of us frequent cruises can sometimes make it sound :)

Edited by NHDisneylover

When ordering drinks, you won't have to go to the bar, the waiter will come round and take your order. He will want to see everyone's card, but you won't have to round up all the cards and carry them up to the bar.

There is air conditioning in all the cabins. Your window in the ocean view cabin won't open.

NHDisneylover seems to have covered everything except air conditioning. The entire inside of the ship is air conditioned. There is a thermostat in your cabin (but sometimes I think it is just there for show, as it doesn't seem to make much difference where it is set). IMO some areas of the ship are on the cool side, so I recommend taking some sort of cover-up on the trip in case you feel you need it.

Even though Windjammer is not open 24/7, the Promenade Cafe is open almost all the time (they may pause for cleaning maybe 3-4am). Sorrento's pizza is open until pretty late. These venues are included in your fare except for specialty coffees, etc.

Unknowns are always a little intimidating, but if you are like most people the most difficult things will be telling whether you are walking forward or aft or which of the eight dinner mains to get (and, yes, you may get more than one:p).

enjoy

Thom

This is our first cruise and while I'm very excited I'm also feeling a bit nervous about the unknowns.

Thanks

Davina

You need to chill :D

You will love it.

I think your questions have been answered. We sailed in the summer holidays last year, and we are going in the hols again this year. And I hate crowds, so, although you can find a Crowd, you can avoid them too.

Are you taking kids?

Edited by Adayatatime

Hi, we are also on this cruise with you. Can't wait!! Everything will become clear so stop panicking. If your not sure about anything then just ask your cabin steward or go to the info desk. We were on the adventure last year and the ship was full and we always managed to get a sunbed so I wouldn't worry too much and it never felt too crowded.

We will all have a wonderful time. !!!!!!

Carousel. Med 2001

Voyager of the Seas. Med. 2010

Adventure of the Seas. Med. 2013

Independence of the Seas. Med. 2014

There are plenty of loungers on the upper decks! No...not all are right beside the pool...that's an impossibility, but there are decks above the pool...Plenty of loungers and sun. Being up a deck is certainly less crowded than being crammed side by side by side around the pool....like sardines!

Ships sail full every sailing...they are designed for the maximum amount of passengers. No worries about "crowding".

Edited by cb at sea

Davina ... Please try to relax! You'll have a great time! :)

At Windjammer and in every other bar a waiter will be coming by to take your order ... but you can also go to the bar if you wish.

Where's always some bar open to buy drinks 24/7.

There's air conditioning in all cabins and all over the ship. On the ship in public areas it's often cold enough to "hang meat".

The main pool area does get crowded on Sea Days ... but there's no real problem finding them one other decks.

LuLu

Ok school hols will have lots of kids and can be a wait for lounges but just relax. Once waiters get to know you you won't even need to show your card for soft drinks at least

They need your card for alcoholic ones though

Sent from my iPhone using Forums