123go promo be careful

mick4116

Hi all i had to post this as what celebrity did to me was not good at all.

As i am in Australia i booked a cruise on the 3rd of July as celebrity solstice was offering two offers from their 123 go promotion but you had to book by the 4th of july.

well i booked the cruise on the 3rd of july using the correct promo codes.

After not seeing the promotions appear in my celebrity i phoned them today in Australia (celebrity international probably).

I explained that there was no mention of the offers that i was supposed to get in my celebrity, well i was told that they didnt know why the bonus was not applied and now that it has passed the 4th of july that they cant apply the offers and that there was nothing that they could do.

So in summary although i have proof of the offer (I printed that out) i have no offers where i should have got two (classic drink package and on board credit. This is very bad for celebrity to do and it is really very dissapointing for me. i have cruised with celebrity before and now i have to think if i would ever trust them again.

So if you book with them make sure they apply the offers to your celebrity the day you book it.

If anyone knows who i can complain to feel free to let me know as it is just not fair and very dissapointing

Thanks for the info, i will try to get in contact with that resolution centre, the person i spoke to was going to escalate it and let me know via email but i think that i will take your advice and ask for resolutions department.

thanks again

But is said "Not valid with any other promotion or discount" new bookings only. Selection may cause price to change so if you select 123go price of cruise goes up. If you take advantage of discounted cruise it will not be linked to other promotions. At least I think???

Edited by burchan

my special the one i am talking about specifically said if you book a ocean view room before the 4th of july you are entitled to get two of the offers in the 123go promotion.

It had nothing to do with the fare, and the price i paid for the oceanview room was not on discount, anyhow that had nothing to do with it.

Also one of the reasons for this post is so people can make sure they get what they were offered.

No more unhelpful replies thanks

Just wondering if Celebrity's superb and incomparable on-line booking system properly allows for different dates and times in different countries at the same moment.

Stuart

Edited by Wiltonian
clarification!

Here in Norway the 123Go is offered through july, so i guess someone should be able to add it if you are eligible. I always check the statement to see if everything is applied immediately.

Though it also different here, so i don't know for sure. Here we get the drink package, or 300 $ OBC or 3/4th person i cabin at reduced rate + internet package.

Since i booked a cruise for europe this fall, i was offered all three offers. Happy! :)

thanks for all the helpful input, i think that the only thing that i can do is write a letter to celebrity via email and complain bitterly, i will also attach the offer that i have a copy of in front of me, according to the guy i spoke to today he said that once the offer is over, that they can not apply things to a expired offer and the offer that i used expired 4th july although i booked it 3rd of july but according to that man because it is now past the 4th of july he cant apply the offers, i find that a little to had to believe.

So i can only complain and see what they can do, like i said previously a dissapointment seeing i have cruised a few times with celebrity

thanks for all the helpful input, i think that the only thing that i can do is write a letter to celebrity via email and complain bitterly, i will also attach the offer that i have a copy of in front of me, according to the guy i spoke to today he said that once the offer is over, that they can not apply things to a expired offer and the offer that i used expired 4th july although i booked it 3rd of july but according to that man because it is now past the 4th of july he cant apply the offers, i find that a little to had to believe.

So i can only complain and see what they can do, like i said previously a dissapointment seeing i have cruised a few times with celebrity

Things sometimes go wrong, especially when using online booking (Celebrity or otherwise).

I have found if I dont get a suitable resolution locally emailing the CEO at head office gets results. I would only do that though if I am certain that something has been done wrong.

Provided you have checked the terms and conditions and you have met these then you similar to here in the UK consumer law should be on your side.

Celebrity have always been extremely good with me. Sometimes the first point of contact may not be able to resolve but escalating matters has always seen very good customer service. If you are in the right I suggest you politely and clearly raise the matter further.

Send a email to: contactmichael@celebrity.com

We had an issue, the wife sent an email, had a phone call from a very nice Lady in Mr Baileys office within 3 hours. Everything resolved before the sun set.

Don't worry about it too much. You're within your rights and you've got the proof... you'll get the offers you purchased. It might take a couple of phone calls but once you talk to someone who is willing to help then you'll be sorted out in no time. Don't let it ruin your cruising experience.

I'm sorry to hear of your issues with trying to make a booking with valid promos. I too am based on Australia and have had issues with the celebrity website, but luckily they had only 'lost' my wife's speciality dinner package (already paid for) from our booking. After 3 attempts and via different ave uses I finally got it resolved!!

I appreciate you have prof of the deal but I the only deal I recall recently offering 2 of the 3 123GO offers (for non European sailings) was a local deal offered for Celebrity Century sailings. It was not offered on Solstice if I recall correctly? I may have misinterpreted the offer (damn!!) but with all the issues people have had with adding promo codes to web bookings and the system not showing correct prices or offers upon completion seems widespread reading the forums. I could not believe Celebrity could turn a blind eye to your concerns!

Edited by QE2_Fan

Hi

I know Celebrity Customer service can give 2 different answers to the

same question asked by the same person to the same customer service agent,

but here is a thought, as you are in Australia like the UK if you cancel

then no deposit refund, if thats correct and you want to cancel and you have proof of the promotion call your credit card company (after telling Celebrity )

and dispute the payment as you certainly have not had what you thought you had paid for,

then book through an agent in the USA and to hell with them.

Cheers

I always keep the rep online until I get the celebrity invoice by email which clearly shows that I have purchased what I think I have.

If it does not show up immediately I ask the rep to email me a quick note confirming what I have purchased so I have proof in writing in case something happens. I do not hang up until I am satisfied.

If you call captains club to book promotional fares, they are usually more helpful than the regular sales department and they have a better idea of what they are doing.

My last two encounters with Captains Club have been very good so I want to give Celebrity a big thumbs up in my case for great service. However, my motto is always to get it in writing BEFORE you hang up the phone. That way nothing is left to chance and the resolution department will always be able resolve it for you if need be.

Good luck

I'm assuming you booked online directly with Celebrity? My experience has been never to trust the Celebrity website. However, when I've been able to get through by phone, Customer Service has been helpful. Don't give up. I'm sure you will get this rectified.

Call back and ask to speak to Resolutions dept. They should be able to correct this error.

Good luck!

I agree 1000%. Call back and talk to someone that knows what they are doing. I just called Celebrity with regards to switching my reservation to another cruise. I have never encountered someone that knew so much less about cruising than me before. She was actually not going to allow me to take a room that she just told me was available for the same price as other ones in the same category. I couldn't believe it. I told her I was just going to go through a travel agency. I ended up having to call back to release my Open Passages voucher to a TA and got the most informed and helpful rep on the phone. She couldn't believe what I was being told and went out of her way to be more than helpful. Some try, some don't but if you get one that does, it sounds like you may be able to get the package added back in.