Jul 20, 2014 Grand Princess, Alaska - Over Billing

81Zoomie

First off... We had a great cruise :). However, our credit card was charged hundreds of dollars in excess of our final bill. When I called Princess they said this was a "known problem" on this sailing. The Princess rep said Princess will be in touch when they correct the problem. Apparently some passengers were double charged. Hopefully the problem is isolated to our sailing. Be sure to check your accounts when you get home!

Thanks for the heads up. We were also on the July 20 sailing of the Grand and I just checked my Visa bill against what our final charges should have been. We had two rooms and each was over charged $55.50 which isn't a lot, but strange that both were the same amount.

I called Princess and at first the CSR tried to say it was shore ex, but then came back and said they were aware of the over charges and were working on it, but didn't know when it would be resolved.

This is the first time we have had an error in 25 cruises.

My wife goes over the folio at the end of the cruise while still on the ship. I don't think they will be likely to slip anything past her. I wonder how many people were overcharged and don't know about it.

I always check my charges on the ship and everything was correct. I have the receipts from the gift shops. They over charged both rooms by the same amount because that's what each of my grand children owed for auto tips after the travel agent's $25.00 OBC.

That amount was included in the final charges, but they charged it twice. When I called Princess again, they said they were aware of the problem and it would be corrected, they just didn't know when.

I would have noticed the errors when I checked my Princess Visa bill, but now I'm aware of the problem even sooner. Thank goodness for cruise critic.

I wonder how many people were overcharged and don't know about it.

Probably a number of them. However once Princess figures out what went wrong, it will correct the charges for everyone involved, not just those who call Princess about it.