New to Cruising: What options are there for suite snack requests?

Hi Everyone!

I have thoroughly enjoyed reading everyone's posts over the last few months. Now that my cruise is close (August 10 to Alaska on Pearl) I was wondering what my options were for suite snack requests.

I have already requested the fridge to be cleared out, an egg topper and an assortment of pillows.

It would be nice to have some snacks my kids like from the get go but I'm unclear what my options are. Any advice?

Thanks so much!

I can give you an idea of what we got last week. We specifically requested ahead of time "no canapes," but we got them anyway one day. We also requested pretzels and ended up getting pretzel rolls. Other than that, there were some hits and some misses. You can get cheese and crackers, but it will not be like a cheese tray that you might envision from a party here in the states. It was two kinds of sliced cheese, thick slices, and Carr's water crackers. You might get cookies - chocolate chip, oatmeal raisin, macadamia nut, and some tea breads, you might get petit fours (if you're old enough to know what those are.) The bowl of bar mix ( peanuts, cheesy things, other crisps) was a big hit with my SO. Our favorite was the plate of sliced melons and pineapple the hot afternoon we left Bermuda.

Cookies, especially the oatmeal raisin ones...yum! You can ask for M&M's, gummybears, chocolate chip cookies, chips and salsa, crackers and cheese, there will be fruit in the room, but if you like something that is not there, just ask. If you want something, just ask, if they can do it they will, if they can't they will tell you.

Edited by NLH Arizona

I know it might sound tacky, but you should bring zip lock bags and some folded up tinfoil. Your butler will sweep away any dishes left in your cabin anytime you leave. :rolleyes: Bag up those M & Ms and keep them! I also stashed little bags of popcorn in a drawer. Our butler noted how frugal we were on the Breakaway and brought DH a HUGH bowl of M & Ms on our last morning. Just too cute! :D

I am a salty snack freak and I was able to get, (in the evening), popcorn, chips and salsa, and bar mix. DH just wanted his M & Ms. :p:p:p

NCL has the best butler snacks of any line, IMHO. Just be clear on what you would like.

We also told our Butler no canapes and instead he brought mini sandwiches with chips, pretzel rolls, cheese and crackers and chocolates. We always had a full plate of assorted cookies and bowl of nuts. In fact we had too much food each evening and would invite fellow cruisers to our suite for drinks and snacks.:)

We had lots of chocolate dipped strawberries. Delicious ones!

On our last Sun cruise our glorious butler Teresa brought me a plate of sweets and my mom her own plate of sugar free ones. She loved them. Lots of chocolate and one time those swans made of pastry. We were very happy.

I know it might sound tacky, but you should bring zip lock bags and some folded up tinfoil. Your butler will sweep away any dishes left in your cabin anytime you leave. :rolleyes:

We always piled up our used dishes on one spot and then put anything we wanted to keep together on another spot of the table. Never had any problems with things disappearing.

We are in a spa suite, no butler. Can we still request snacks in room and is there a charge? What is an EGG TOPPER?

If you have a *suite*, you will have a butler. If you have a *mini-suite*, you will not have a butler and you can order some snacks from room service - cookies for example are free (kids part of the room service menu), cheese plate is not.

Egg topper is a foam topper for the bed on top of the mattress..

Edited by Demonyte

You can request almost anything you want (and that they have available). You may be charged for some types of snacks, but even that seems to be hit or miss.

For instance, we like to request a pitcher of fresh orange juice (the real stuff, not the reconstituted stuff), and we've always gotten it. On most cruises it's been free, but on one cruise we were charged for it. The explanation on that cruise was that the reconstituted orange juice would be free, but the squeezed orange juice would not. Didn't jibe with our other cruises, but we let it go.

In another case, we always have asked for our fruit bowl to be kept fresh and restocked. Never a problem, except on our recent Pride of American cruise.

I don't want any food in my suite. Will the butler honor that request or feel maybe they'll slip something in anyway?

If you ask for something like that, they should honor it. Depends on the butler.

I don't want any food in my suite. Will the butler honor that request or feel maybe they'll slip something in anyway?

You also may have food gifts sent from other departments / people for different reasons- not just your daily treats. A Bon voyage gift, a thank you, whatever.

We had gifts delivered on all cruises by other than our regular butler

PDW