Ground Transportation from West Palm Beach to Miami Cruise Ship Pier

CruisingObsessed

Anyone know a good reliable company to provide same day transportation to Miami from the West Palm Beach airport? Oddly; the ones I have written to have ignored me, or they sent a quote but then I couldn't book. Not sure how they stay in business!

All information is greatly appreciated!

I take TriRail. With a cab from Miami. You do need to be able to handle your own luggage, and not pack like you're going away for 6 months. :)

I second Budget Queen's suggestion. We visit the inlaws in Boynton and usually fly into West Palm. Have taken the Tri-Rail twice. It is cheaper on the weekend. $5 flat rate to the last Miami stop. You can transfer to the light rail, but it is faster and cheaper to just grab a cab to the port. If you have a bunch of luggage, it doesn't work quite as well, but the better half and I have our luggage transport nailed. Also if you have a large group and need a van at the Miami Tri-Rail Station you may have to call for a cab.

Call one of the higher end hotels in Palm Beach--Breakers, The Colony, Four Season, Ritz, etc. and ask who they recommend for a car service. I used to be a concierge at the Breakers and we always had reliable companies to recommend.

I used to live in S. Florida. While I agree that the Trail Rail is cheapest, the logistics are a bit of a nightmare specially with luggage. You go from Airport to a shuttle to the train station, spend a good hour and a half (If not more) working your way down to Miami with multiple stops. Once at the last stop, you transfer to light rail and then take a taxi to the port. By the time it's all said and done, you've probably spent the entire morning trying to get there.

The Tri Rail is not what I'd recommend to someone flying in on the day of the cruise in Palm Beach.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Tapi

Call one of the higher end hotels in Palm Beach--Breakers, The Colony, Four Season, Ritz, etc. and ask who they recommend for a car service. I used to be a concierge at the Breakers and we always had reliable companies to recommend.

Good idea! I didn't even think about that; but we are staying at the Four Seasons after the cruise so the concierge there would probably be happy to recommend someone. Thanks :)

I appreciate the others; but flying in same day from across the country; we just want something easy.

From PBI to the MIA airport is about a 90 minute drive - a one-way car rental to MIA and then a $25 cab to POM is about as easy and economical as you will get. For car/limo service expect to pay $200+ :eek:

From PBI to the MIA airport is about a 90 minute drive - a one-way car rental to MIA and then a $25 cab to POM is about as easy and economical as you will get. For car/limo service expect to pay $200+ :eek:

You'll be able to get something for less than that. Also, depending on time of year you can negotiate.

I researched this for my daughter in May. Often, there is no fee in Florida for renting a car in one city and dropping off in another. So, they rented a car in PBI and returned it to MIA. There was a free shuttle from MIA to the port. It was really easy and the cost was about $30. I contacted hotels for suggestions and some of the van recommendations on CC, renting a car was the best option. Cherie