Cunard reads Cruisecritic .com?

Jimsgirl

I have read it several times on here that Cunard does read our postings. Since Cunard do not respond , we have no proof that in fact Cunard actually know ( or care) about CC.

If Cunard do read this page, who or rather what level of staffer does the monitoring ?

The lowest member of staff, the "girl at the front desk" has no standing within the organization to effect policy.

Letters of dissatisfaction , are seldom answered, or at the best receive a computer generated Letter #101 , in reply.

Cunard supposedly has a Guest Relations Department, but when I asked for a name or address at the Pursers office in July, I was told "we do not give out that information, we will note your complaint on a form and send it on" The mystery is "where is it sent "

I purchased the Hotel package, cost $590 , arrived JFK Terminal 5 on time , no rep, no transport, I was stranded (in a wheelchair) for TWO and HALF hours, then told -

"we do not meet at Terminal 5, you should have taken the airport shuttle transport to Terminal 1 and looked for the rep/ transport there"!!!!!!

If the agency Cunard employ to meet at JFK only meet at Terminal 1, and I was supposed to get myself and luggage to that terminal I would like Cunard to explain this policy . Personally I suspect that the agency was cutting cost and only employing bare number of reps and transport.

So where is Guest Relations located and who is in charge? Does anyone know?

I've heard Commodore Rynd mention that he and his wife "lurk" on this board, but they don't post and don't formally monitor. I hope we've given them a chuckle or two from time to time.

I always think it highly unlikely that anyone from Cunard looks at this board in an 'official' capacity. Why would they? CC members represent a tiny minority of their customer base. If they want/need a more balanced viewpoint, they can get that from the surveys they send out to their huge customer database (or part of it at least).

As PMB1 states, some of their staff may have a passing interest in the comments from a personal point of view.

I would be very surprised if Cunard don't have a dedicated Customer Services dept., that deal with complaints. I would start with their website under the 'Contact us' heading - there is quite an extensive list of addresses there.

However, one thing I have found with other companies - try making a complaint on their facebook page - I bet someone will respond quite quickly. If you don't have a Facebook login, it's a two minute job to create one. Try it and see ;)

Edited by MeredithFairfax

...However, one thing I have found with other companies - try making a complaint on their facebook page - I bet someone will respond quite quickly. If you don't have a Facebook login, it's a two minute job to create one. Try it and see.

That's a viable alternative for anybody who wants to make a public complaint. However Facebook is not for me. I had an account and closed it after constant reminders and requests for additional information that I didn't care to share. The final straw came when a cell phone number was requested every time I logged in. If the number of robo calls on my landline (yes I'm supposedly opted out) are any indication of what will become of my cell phone then there is no way on God's green earth will I give them that.

That's a viable alternative for anybody who wants to make a public complaint. However Facebook is not for me. I had an account and closed it after constant reminders and requests for additional information that I didn't care to share. The final straw came when a cell phone number was requested every time I logged in. If the number of robo calls on my landline (yes I'm supposedly opted out) are any indication of what will become of my cell phone then there is no way on God's green earth will I give them that.

No I can't say I'm a great fan of Facebook (but I've never had any calls from them or texts) but it's a means to an end. Sometimes a public complaint can be quite useful if you have exhausted other methods. As I said, there are other ways to contact them and I would be very surprised if Jimsgirl didn't get a response. Whether it will be the response she wants to hear is another matter of course :)

This board isn't meant as a substitute for customer relations. If you have a specific issue you're best option is to call Cunard directly and ask for customer relations or send a letter or email to the same department.

Separately Cruise Critic is well-known to all the cruise lines and is likely monitored by the same folks who monitor social media like Facebook in addition to others (marketing, officers, CDs etc) who have a vested interest in how consumers perceive their product.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I've heard Commodore Rynd mention that he and his wife "lurk" on this board, but they don't post and don't formally monitor. I hope we've given them a chuckle or two from time to time.

The Commodore and his wife attended one of our CC gatherings during the QV World Voyage this year. They understood that CC was more than a group of people criticizing cruises. We had a great time at that meeting.

Don

I have read it several times on here that Cunard does read our postings. Since Cunard do not respond , we have no proof that in fact Cunard actually know ( or care) about CC.

If Cunard do read this page, who or rather what level of staffer does the monitoring ?

The lowest member of staff, the "girl at the front desk" has no standing within the organization to effect policy.

Letters of dissatisfaction , are seldom answered, or at the best receive a computer generated Letter #101 , in reply.

Cunard supposedly has a Guest Relations Department, but when I asked for a name or address at the Pursers office in July, I was told "we do not give out that information, we will note your complaint on a form and send it on" The mystery is "where is it sent "

I purchased the Hotel package, cost $590 , arrived JFK Terminal 5 on time , no rep, no transport, I was stranded (in a wheelchair) for TWO and HALF hours, then told -

"we do not meet at Terminal 5, you should have taken the airport shuttle transport to Terminal 1 and looked for the rep/ transport there"!!!!!!

If the agency Cunard employ to meet at JFK only meet at Terminal 1, and I was supposed to get myself and luggage to that terminal I would like Cunard to explain this policy . Personally I suspect that the agency was cutting cost and only employing bare number of reps and transport.

So where is Guest Relations located and who is in charge? Does anyone know?

I think you should just write a letter, and address it to the head of Cunard. When Peter Shanks was in charge, I addressed an letter to him, and I received a phone call back from someone. I'm not entirely sure who is in charge now, perhaps David Dingle,?

Since we are in the US, I would just mail it to the US office, which is what I did when I sent my letter to Peter Shanks. Mr. Dingle probably wouldn't see the letter even if you mailed to the UK office. But I would expect that you would get a reply.

David Dingle,

Cunard Line

24303 Town Center Drive

Suite 200

Valencia, California 91355-0908

Edited by karl_nj

I think you should just write a letter, and address it to the head of Cunard. When Peter Shanks was in charge, I addressed an letter to him, and I received a phone call back from someone. I'm not entirely sure who is in charge now, perhaps David Dingle,?

Since we are in the US, I would just mail it to the US office, which is what I did when I sent my letter to Peter Shanks. Mr. Dingle probably wouldn't see the letter even if you mailed to the UK office. But I would expect that you would get a reply.

David Dingle,

Cunard Line

24303 Town Center Drive

Suite 200

Valencia, California 91355-0908

The Board of Directors for the Carnival Corporation & PCL can be found here: http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=140690&p=irol-govBoard

According to this CCL website: http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=140690&p=irol-govBio2&ID=155624 David Dingle is the Chief Executive Officer P&O Cruises (UK)

Why would a Cunard passenger write to Mr. Dingle?

:confused:

As most postings in CC are anonymus we cannot expect a reaction on apersonal report here. Cunard does read CC and a frequent report of issues mention in CC will go to head of CR. Never will they respond in CC becsuse you may imagine that hell brakes loose when a direct contact is opened.

Facebook could be a way to move things foreward.

But I have a good experience in writing a letter to the CEO. Reaction is guaranteed, but not always satisfactory.

The Board of Directors for the Carnival Corporation & PCL can be found here: http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=140690&p=irol-govBoard

According to this CCL website: http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=140690&p=irol-govBio2&ID=155624 David Dingle is the Chief Executive Officer P&O Cruises (UK)

Why would a Cunard passenger write to Mr. Dingle?

:confused:

They would write to Mr Dingle because he is CEO of Cunard as well as P&O.

They would write to Mr Dingle because he is CEO of Cunard as well as P&O.

Hi Victoria. No, apparently, he is not CEO of Cunard, according to the Carnival website which states: "David K. Dingle

Chief Executive Officer P&O Cruises (UK)

However, according to that site: "he has full operating responsibility for the UK-based brands P&O Cruises and Cunard, and also is responsible for the UK sales and marketing of Princess Cruises. He is also Chairman of the Carnival plc Management Committee responsible for Carnival Australia."

quoted from http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=140690&p=irol-govBio2&ID=155624[/url

Edited by Salacia

Hi Victoria. No, apparently, he is not CEO of Cunard, according to the Carnival website which states: "David K. Dingle

Chief Executive Officer P&O Cruises (UK)

However, according to that site: "he has full operating responsibility for the UK-based brands P&O Cruises and Cunard, and also is responsible for the UK sales and marketing of Princess Cruises. He is also Chairman of the Carnival plc Management Committee responsible for Carnival Australia."

quoted from http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=140690&p=irol-govBio2&ID=155624[/url

Google him.

I generally use more than one site when checking things.

Google him.

I generally use more than one site when checking things.

Yes, Victoria, I also use more than one site (most often three reputable sources). What I referenced was the official site for Carnival Corporation & PLC. Dingles title is what is specified therein. If you have better source of information, please share it, You haven't quoted any reference site; perhaps you have a more up-to-date site reference than the Carnival Corporation & PLC site. Thank you. -Salacia

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=140690&p=irol-govBio2&ID=155624

Edited by Salacia

Yes, Victoria, I also use more than one site (most often three reputable sources). What I referenced was the official site for Carnival Corporation & PLC. Dingles title is what is specified therein. If you have better source of information, please share it, You haven't quoted any reference site; perhaps you have a more up-to-date site reference than the Carnival Corporation & PLC site. Thank you. -Salacia

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=140690&p=irol-govBio2&ID=155624

Don't get prickly, I didn't quote as it's generally known he took over last year, but here's one.

http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/people/person.asp?personId=758389&ticker=CCL:LN

:)

Don't get prickly, I didn't quote as it's generally known he took over last year, but here's one.

http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/people/person.asp?personId=758389&ticker=CCL:LN

:)

Well then, the Carnival website is wrong. Doesn't seem quite that CCL would mislead stockholders about their corporate officers, does it?

Well then, the Carnival website is wrong. Doesn't seem quite that CCL would mislead stockholders about their corporate officers, does it?

Indeed, even the German site avoids to give the legslly reqired name of the CEO.

Probably Cunard doesn't exactly know who's in charge? Not suprising me...

See leading line of this CC page...

I don't see any misleading information.

David Dingle is CEO of Carnival UK which has both Cunard cruise line and the P&O cruise line under its control.

If they hadn't already have been aware of the changes at Carnival UK [and it was headline news at the time] I assume most stockholders would take it as read Mr Dingle is the CEO of both companies if only because no other CEOs are mentioned.

I suppose it's how you interpret a document.

On the QE recently I was told that if I wanted Cunard to receive feedback I could submit it in a number of ways. This forum was one of the main suggestions.

The person who told me this had clout. So I believe them.

Fair enough - but has anyone here been contacted by anyone at Cunard as a result of a complaint/criticism made on this forum? As with Facebook, everyone is anonymous but as far as I can tell, Cunard employees are actually contributing to the Facebook page.

It might be sufficient for some to post a comment on here and 'know' that Cunard has seen it and noted it for future reference (feedback, as you said), but if I had a genuine complaint I would write to them or email them as has been suggested to give them the opportunity to resolve the issue and to let me know it has been resolved to my satisfaction.

As Cruisin'Chris pointed out 'this board isn't meant as a substitute for customer relations'.

I sent a "snail mail" letter to Mr Struthers July 29th to the Head Office in Southampton, concerning the three instances of 2,000 passengers coming on board for 2 days only at reduced prices when Cunard in USA was selling the trip as 8 days at full price, this I consider a major public relations problem of shady sales tatics

I sent an E mail July 30 to Customer Relations in CA regarding my personal difficulty of being stranded at JFK by having no rep and no transport even though I had paid Cunard for this service, and that the same thing happened at end of cruise being told I had no reservation for transport even though my paperwork from Cunard showed I had paid for this .

No response from CA, to my E mail.

I sent a "snail mail" letter to Mr Struthers July 29th to the Head Office in Southampton, concerning the three instances of 2,000 passengers coming on board for 2 days only at reduced prices when Cunard in USA was selling the trip as 8 days at full price, this I consider a major public relations problem of shady sales tatics

I sent an E mail July 30 to Customer Relations in CA regarding my personal difficulty of being stranded at JFK by having no rep and no transport even though I had paid Cunard for this service, and that the same thing happened at end of cruise being told I had no reservation for transport even though my paperwork from Cunard showed I had paid for this .

No response from CA, to my E mail.

I'm really very surprised that you've not even had an acknowledgement - that's really disappointing. Try sending it to customerservices@cunard.co.uk as English Voyager suggested and see if they are any better. At least they might be courteous enough to respond!

The Commodore and his wife attended one of our CC gatherings during the QV World Voyage this year. They understood that CC was more than a group of people criticizing cruises. We had a great time at that meeting.

Don

It is a common expression people use when they don't know about CC. The name doesn't do CC justice. However, I find that hard to believe that Commodore and his wife.

I was on QM2 world cruise in 2012 and I went to the CC meet Greet. Julie the Commodores wife was sitting next to me. After we got started with our introductions of saying who we were etc. She got up picked up the wall phone where I was sitting and said . "You had better come now" Five minutes later Commodore Rynd stood there in in full uniform cap under is elbow and just stood quietly till he was noticed.

He then joined in and as you say they were good company and gave good information to us if we asked questions.

I don't doubt for one minute Julie (Commodores wife) reads the pages . She is well aware what CC is and she has time to read the forum daily when on a cruise.

I also think some people at Carnival head quarters read the forums. I wrote a blog about my world cruise on QE this year, it was posted on a different cruise forum ( UK based) and it was read by someone at the Cunard World Club as I had an email from them saying how they had enjoyed it.

Edited by maggiemou
add a word