Save 10% on Carnival Gift e-Cards through Verizon program

swetra

Kapcruiser, yes leave them in your cart. No reason to take them out. That is the 'default' message. You will need to keep an eye out for when they next are available, and you will be able to complete the purchase then. If you haven't already, read post # 528 with detailed instructions.

Also ... someone will post to this thread the next time they become available (except for the people who don't search or realize this thread exists and starts a brand new thread, haha), so it would be helpful for you to 'subscribe' to this thread. Also, make sure you are set up for instant notification. As you can see, these gift cards require a quick response time ! :)

Depending on your account settings, you may already be subscribed. At the top of this column, right under the page numbers, click on Thread Tools. If you are already subscribed, you will have the option to unsubscribe. If you aren't subscribed yet, you can click on subscribe to this thread. That will automatically take you to the option to choose instant notification by email before you click Add subscription.

If you are already subscribed, then you will want to make sure you are set up for instant notification. To do that, click on*User CP (all the way to the left in the bar under the cruise critic blue ribbon logo at the top of this page). Then click on List Subscriptions OR View All Subscribed Threads. Check the box to the right of the title of this thread. At the bottom of the list of threads there will be a dropdown with a default of Move to Folder listed. Change this to Instant email notification, and click Go.

Today was my day off and I was running errands all day and didn't check all day. I have instant notification and never checked my email. I'm so mad at myself for forgetting to check.

Edited by kapcruiser

Screwed again! I tried to get the Kroger ones and because there isn't a Kroger near me it wouldn't let me register! Even though I am a loyal Ralph's shopper and they are owned by Kroger!

Hey there,

I just wanted to let you know that I was able to add the coupon on my Ralphs loyalty card through the Ralphs website and purchased the gift cards with the $10 discount. You should be able to, too.

:)

I just noticed that the Carnival gift cards aren't showing up at all on the Verizon website. Does anybody know if they do that just before they are going to load more? Or are they gone forever?

Thanks,

Victoria

They will be back. Just keep checking.

I was able to get one of the 500.00 gifft cards on 5/1 it was just del. today by UPS 5/6 five days to get it not bad

I ordered that day as well. I received mines the same day you received yours.

$500 gift cards are available right now.

Good catch Seany !!

There are 8 left at 6:20am

All gone at 6:25am, that was short-lived, haha

But, congrats to Kapcruiser (below) who has been trying soooooo hard to get some ! It pays to subscribe and have instant notification turned on for this thread !! :)

My guess is everyone should keep a close eye out today and the next couple days. Last time they got some in, they kept releasing them in batches throughout the day, both $100 and $500 cards.

Edited by angela12345

Also ... someone will post to this thread the next time they become available (except for the people who don't search or realize this thread exists and starts a brand new thread, haha), so it would be helpful for you to 'subscribe' to this thread. Also, make sure you are set up for instant notification. As you can see, these gift cards require a quick response time ! :)

The problem is that many people know about this thread and start a new one anyway. Rather frustrating. Would rather see the topic kept to a single thread. Makes the forums much easier to read. Kind of liek all of the VIFP threads right now. What a mess. Everyone seems to want to start their own topic to feel important I guess...

I just missed it as well. :(

You sure didn't have much chance, kapcruiser bought all $4000 worth in one swoop.

It seems that this is getting out of hand. There simply are not enough cards to go around. It seems that Verizon will either have to start getting more cards or start limiting the number of cards someone can purchase at a time or in a given month. I suspect they are under a deal where they can only offer a certain number of discounted cards. All these discount card sites are really just getting a commission from the companies to sell their cards, so they are forgoing that commission to provide the discounted card to the customer.

I am sure glad I have a different source for 10% off cards. One that I will never share since I don't want to fight this mess trying to buy them. Though I don't buy many. Using them for a cruise is a bit of a hassle since we always book through a travel agent. I have only used $300 so far, $100 on a cruise booked on Carnival.com (then transferred to a TA), and the other $200 applied to S&S onboard our last cruise. Will try to see if I can get our TS to apply the $50 in cards we got at Kroger to our next sailing this fall.

The problem is that many people know about this thread and start a new one anyway. Rather frustrating. Would rather see the topic kept to a single thread. Makes the forums much easier to read. Kind of liek all of the VIFP threads right now. What a mess. Everyone seems to want to start their own topic to feel important I guess...

You sure didn't have much chance, kapcruiser bought all $4000 worth in one swoop.

It seems that this is getting out of hand. There simply are not enough cards to go around. It seems that Verizon will either have to start getting more cards or start limiting the number of cards someone can purchase at a time or in a given month. I suspect they are under a deal where they can only offer a certain number of discounted cards. All these discount card sites are really just getting a commission from the companies to sell their cards, so they are forgoing that commission to provide the discounted card to the customer.

I am sure glad I have a different source for 10% off cards. One that I will never share since I don't want to fight this mess trying to buy them. Though I don't buy many. Using them for a cruise is a bit of a hassle since we always book through a travel agent. I have only used $300 so far, $100 on a cruise booked on Carnival.com (t hen transferred to a TA), and the other $200 applied to S&S onboard our last cruise. Will try to see if I can get our TS to apply the $50 in cards we got at Kroger to our next sailing this fall.

Since the supply is limited, Verizon absolutely should cap the amount you can purchase within a 24 hour period. Does very few if anyone any good if you buy a boatload, then post they are available. Besides by now people should know to just check - early in the morning is best. You don't need an announcement and certainly not a new thread.

Like you, I found another source to get these discounted cards. Two actually. And one is through a credit union membership. They have them and celebrity certificates available about once a month.

I'm sure I'm not the only one buying alot at one time. I was trying for months and finally got them.

I agree. It seems that many are buying a boatload at a time. I say until Verizon starts to limit them in some way, continue working within the current rules. I don't fault anyone for taking advantage of the program.

I am sure though that we will see lots of people coming on here complaining if/when they do start limiting the amount of cards someone can buy.

Since the supply is limited, Verizon absolutely should cap the amount you can purchase within a 24 hour period. Does very few if anyone any good if you buy a boatload, then post they are available. Besides by now people should know to just check - early in the morning is best. You don't need an announcement and certainly not a new thread.

Like you, I found another source to get these discounted cards. Two actually. And one is through a credit union membership. They have them and celebrity certificates available about once a month.

The only thing I noticed about the Celebrity and even Royal Caribbean gift cards is that they don't look like they can be used to apply to your on board account. Just for new bookings. I don't know if that is how they actually work, but that is what appears in the T&C for the cards. Then after you redeem, you have to mail the cards to a specified address. They suggest mailing via certified mail which would wipe out any savings. Seems like a bit of a pain.

Edited by dioxide45

The only thing I noticed about the Celebrity and even Royal Caribbean gift cards is that they don't look like they can be used to apply to your on board account. Just for new bookings. I don't know if that is how they actually work, but that is what appears in the T&C for the cards. Then after you redeem, you have to mail the cards to a specified address. They suggest mailing via certified mail which would wipe out any savings. Seems like a bit of a pain.

I don't know. I've heard that about the certificates. But I'm not interested in Celebrity. Was just pointing out that this credit union has them as well as the Carnival gift certificates. I went ahead today and got two certificates for Budget using my Verizon points. I called and talked to the manager at the drop off location to be sure there would be no problem redeeming them. And I used some points on the hotel reservation. Came out about $18 cheaper than any other site I looked at for the same date. Gotta use those points for something!