Save 10% on Carnival Gift e-Cards through Verizon program

swetra

I don't know. I've heard that about the certificates. But I'm not interested in Celebrity. Was just pointing out that this credit union has them as well as the Carnival gift certificates. I went ahead today and got two certificates for Budget using my Verizon points. I called and talked to the manager at the drop off location to be sure there would be no problem redeeming them. And I used some points on the hotel reservation. Came out about $18 cheaper than any other site I looked at for the same date. Gotta use those points for something!

My only issue with using a gift card for a car rental is that it will negate any credit card CDW coverage you could have if you pay for your car rental with a credit card. To get credit card CDW on a rental, 100% of the rental must be paid with the credit card. If you use a gift card for even $1 of the rental, there is no CDW coverage provided by the credit card (Visa, Mastercard). This is why I have never bought rental car gift cards through these discount programs.

If you plan to use a gift card for a car rental, be sure to have some other type of CDW coverage, or just rely on your personal insurance.

Edited by dioxide45

My only issue with using a gift card for a car rental is that it will negate any credit card CDW coverage you could have if you pay for your car rental with a credit card. To get credit card CDW on a rental, 100% of the rental must be paid with the credit card. If you use a gift card for even $1 of the rental, there is no CDW coverage provided by the credit card (Visa, Mastercard). This is why I have never bought rental car gift cards through these discount programs.

If you plan to use a gift card for a car rental, be sure to have some other type of CDW coverage, or just rely on your personal insurance.

Yes, we use our own insurance.

Was it only the $500 that was available?

Yes, as far as I saw, the $500 were the only ones available. And not many of them were available.

When I had my Q&A session with Verizon about these cards, one if the questions I asked was how many of each card do they get in ? I think she said around 20 of the $500 cards. I posted all of my questions and her answers in this thread, but I don't remember which post it was ... maybe post # 568 ?

I haven't seen the $100 cards come back around this week yet, but keep an eye out for them, because she did say they typically get them in together. Some of each of the cards. I think she said like 20 of the $500 and 800 of the $100 cards ??

I just bought 3 $100 dollar gift cards. Not sure how many are still available. Maybe they got in more than expected.

I seem to always miss the $500 dollar ones. Maybe next time! Could only budget for the 3 this time anyway, so no worries!

And of course now, both are all gone.

A new bit of info ... Based on a new thread started today, I would say it's confirmed that these gift cards are also available thru the same rewards administrator using AARP rewards points. Those that do not have Verizon, could earn points thru AARP and get the gift cards there. You do not have to be an AARP member to earn points there. Subscribe to [U]this[/U] thread so you will get notification when the gift cards go on sale, if the verizon ones are available, the AARP ones are as well. Then login to AARP and purchase them with your points there.

Has anyone received their cards yet from the last batch that were available on 5/1? I ordered 2 $500 cards and am hoping they arrive before I have to pay my balance next week :confused: I had received a call to confirm whether I had actually ordered them, and at that time I changed the shipping address to our UPS store/box so they can be signed for. My credit card was charged, so just hoping they arrive SOON!

Missed out on today's :( Edited by lupster1

[quote name='Grandmaanne7']Yes. That's Junkanoo beach. Totally free and not bad for a few hours.[/QUOTE]

I ordered mines on Friday, 5/1 & received them that following Wednesday, 5/6. Edited by blessed3

[quote name='lupster1']Has anyone received their cards yet from the last batch that were available on 5/1? I ordered 2 $500 cards and am hoping they arrive before I have to pay my balance next week :confused: I had received a call to confirm whether I had actually ordered them, and at that time I changed the shipping address to our UPS store/box so they can be signed for. My credit card was charged, so just hoping they arrive SOON!

Missed out on today's :([/QUOTE]
Mine also came in about 5 days from the date that I ordered them. They arrived UPS and I had to sign for them. I would call or send an email, if they don't arrive today. Or, see if you can get a tracking number.

Here is an interesting new twist ... I always leave some of the gift cards in my cart. Today, at some point a couple of hours after they all sold out, the cards that were in my cart disappeared. First time I have ever had that happen. Did this happen to anyone else ?