Save 10% on Carnival Gift e-Cards through Verizon program

swetra

How long do the $100 carnival cruise gift cards purchased from Verizon typically take? I leave for my cruise January 1, 2016 - is that enough time to get it?

I guess worse come to worse if it doesn't come I can always use it next time - just curious what the typical wait time is from order date on the Verizon website.

Edited by dcs1989

How long do the $100 carnival cruise gift cards purchased from Verizon typically take? I leave for my cruise January 1, 2016 - is that enough time to get it?

I guess worse come to worse if it doesn't come I can always use it next time - just curious what the typical wait time is from order date on the Verizon website.

I got mine in 8 days.

If anyone see's the gift cards available can you please post a message I keep missing them.

Thank you in advance.

Are you subscribed to this thread, because someone will always post here when they see them available. You can also download the Tapatalk app on your phone and if you are subscribed to any thread, you will get a notification anytime a new post is made on it.

They have been available as of late for days at a time. Sometimes nearly two weeks.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

Edited by cruizinisthebest

Are you subscribed to this thread, because someone will always post here when they see them available. You can also download the Tapatalk app on your phone and if you are subscribed to any thread, you will get a notification anytime a new post is made on it.

They have been available as of late for days at a time. Sometimes nearly two weeks.

Thank you for your reply I am subscribed now so I will keep my eyes open for a new post. I was able to get a few gift cards for my last cruise yet at that time the gift cards would only be available a very short time. I am so glad to hear they have been available lately longer than that.

Yvonne

Thank you for your reply I am subscribed now so I will keep my eyes open for a new post. I was able to get a few gift cards for my last cruise yet at that time the gift cards would only be available a very short time. I am so glad to hear they have been available lately longer than that.

Yvonne

Your welcome. Yes the availability has been much better. Fingers crossed it stays that way.

Just a heads up. My friend ordered 5 x $100 gift cards last week. She got them in the mail today and all of the PIN numbers were scratched off on the backs of the cards. She checked the balances and they were all ok but was uneasy about why PIN #'s were scratched off. She called Verizon and rep told her that there was a mix-up in the warehouse and they had to scratch off all the PIN #'s on the $100 and $500 cards so they could tell them apart before mailing them out. She said if you order any in the near future all of those PIN #'s will be scratched off, as well. Seems shady to me but hopefully its legit! I've ordered dozens and have never had a problem. I recommended them to my friend and this was her first order. :eek:

Got 2 $500 gift cards today. I want to use them to make some onboard bookings for future cruises....

No yet sure of the cruises, so would the best bet be to "book the furthest out, shortest cruise for past guest" until the cruises are selected? Would it be better and cheaper to book for only 1 in the cabin or would you pay for 2 upfront anyway?

Thanks for any advice on getting the most flexibility when buying bookings on board.

Also, when we pay for the booking do we just pay then with the Verizon gift card? I do not really want to apply the gift card to my on board account.

The $500.00 and $100.00 cards are available on Verizon and AARP as of this morning. Just bought a $500.00 one. To speed up shipment, I recommend calling the toll free number on your receipt about an hour after ordering to verify your order. Not totally necessary but it does speed up the order. I received 2 emails 2 days after ordering my last ones to verify my orders. I was told the emails are almost always sent to verify the orders. Received my cards in 5 business days via UPS signature required.

I just join Verizon rewards and have 228000 points and want to buy carnival gift cards can I use them to pay off my cruise?

We use ours to not only pay for our cruise, but have discovered with the new flight program through Carnival, it is well worth it to book that way and use the gift cards to pay for those, and we decided to book our hotel in Barcelona pre cruise through Carnival so we will use the gift cards to pay for that as well, oh and our excursions, too. Basically the 10% discount beats any other of way paying outside of booking through Carnival for our particular needs anyway...we are planning on 10K to 12K vacation and figure the gift cards are saving us between $1000 and $1200.

Of course this is for our Mediterranean cruise, our Mexico cruise we just paid for the cruise because we drive to port and will take a couple to put on our S&S account as we don't plan to do any excursions this time around.

Bottom line you can save a pretty good chunk of money if you keep on top of the gift cards and use them to pay for everything by booking through Carnival. I'd suggest you get a really good PVP though to help with it all.

We use ours to not only pay for our cruise, but have discovered with the new flight program through Carnival, it is well worth it to book that way and use the gift cards to pay for those, and we decided to book our hotel in Barcelona pre cruise through Carnival so we will use the gift cards to pay for that as well, oh and our excursions, too. Basically the 10% discount beats any other of way paying outside of booking through Carnival for our particular needs anyway...we are planning on 10K to 12K vacation and figure the gift cards are saving us between $1000 and $1200.

Of course this is for our Mediterranean cruise, our Mexico cruise we just paid for the cruise because we drive to port and will take a couple to put on our S&S account as we don't plan to do any excursions this time around.

Bottom line you can save a pretty good chunk of money if you keep on top of the gift cards and use them to pay for everything by booking through Carnival. I'd suggest you get a really good PVP though to help with it all.

Wait...if you use the new air package, you can pay that part of your balance with gift cards too?

From Carnivals Website (https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/823/~/verizon-wireless-carnival-gift-cards-offer):

Verizon Wireless now utilizes Carnival’s Gift Card program – the gift cards are provided by Giftango, a vendor who sells our gift cards to corporations for rewards programs.

Customers of Verizon Wireless are able to purchase Carnival Gift cards through Verizon’s Customer Rewards program using points they have earned.

Guests are able to redeem their gift card for the following:

Total cost of their cruise (cruise fare and fees)

Shore Excursions online

Use as an On Board Credit on guest’s Sail & Sign card

[/Quote]

I also just wanted to share I got the gift cards I received the cards today I ordered 8 days ago which I am VERY happy about. I thought for sure with the holidays there would be some delay and it would not be here in time for my cruise on January 3.

I also just wanted to share I got the gift cards I received the cards today I ordered 8 days ago which I am VERY happy about. I thought for sure with the holidays there would be some delay and it would not be here in time for my cruise on January 3.

Were the PIN #s on the back of the cards scratched off?