Hurricane Iselle heading to Hawaii

$hip$hape

I don't know of anyone here on the Hilo side who felt the earthquake this morning. Unusual, as usually they are felt island wide no matter where they occur. I think the shallow depth was a factor.

Still getting bands of rain here...and wind gusts and I can see super high surf crashing onto shore in the distance.

Stay safe. We are off island right now. But wishing the best for our neighbours.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We have had a great day here in Kauai. Weather has been a little breezy, 10-15 mph winds, but Sun and partly cloudy. Surf looked rough outside the stone walled pools at Lydgate Beach.

It was sunny and nice at Waimea canyon. And in town in Waimea, many shops are closed with boards on the Windows.

We will be on the ship tomorrow instead of being in Kauai for a second day, but hopefully we'll avoid the brunt of Iselle.

Hoping & praying for all in Hawaii's safety during the Hurricanes!

May all be safe and well, both aboard ships & on the islands.

Watching the live Hawaii news streaming the storm passed the southern end of the Big Island. The windward (eastern) side of the BI had a lot of wind & rain but the leeward (Kona west side) so far has only 0.03" of rain. Thankfully the more southern route will result in fewer severe effects on the other islands and Julio is forecasted to go along the northern end of the island chain.

I have a friend who is supposed to fly home from Kauai today but I just heard on my local news that Kauai is getting 1-2" a hour of rain. Yikes. I think I would have to extend my vacation rather than fly anywhere in those conditions.

I have a friend who is supposed to fly home from Kauai today but I just heard on my local news that Kauai is getting 1-2" a hour of rain. Yikes. I think I would have to extend my vacation rather than fly anywhere in those conditions.

With Kauai's Mt Waialeale being the wettest recorded spot on the planet averaging 450" of rain per year rainfall is frequent. Currently the rain is south of Kauai with gentle 9 mph Tradewinds and 10 miles visibility so hopefully they'll catch their flight. :)

And with Julio's track even further north of the Islands that shouldn't affect things tomorrow either.

Edited by Astro Flyer

I'm off the pride of America and back in Honolulu safe and sound. We spent all day yesterday traveling back and forth between kauai and Niihau, just doing circles.

But the storm Iselle had minimal impact on the ship and it looks like Honolulu felt little as well.

We are flying out today and expect no issues.

Edited by apachexmd

I'm off the pride of America and back in Honolulu safe and sound. We spent all day yesterday traveling back and forth between kauai and Niihau, just doing circles.

But the storm Iselle had minimal impact on the ship and it looks like Honolulu felt little as well.

We are flying out today and expect no issues.

Mahalo for the update & happy to hear that everyone is safe...have a good flight back to the Mainland.

So glad everyone survived the 2 storms. Very rare event is what is being said down here. Hopefully damage is minimal.

We will be flying in on the 20th for a few days before heading to Alaska then coming back again in Sept.

Love Hawaii, esp Maui. Bringing an extra bag to keep the local stores happy:)

I do not believe we have heard back form Kapoho2. Kapoho is in Puna, the heart of where the storm came ashore. Probably does not have power yet.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I saw this link posted on Tripadvisor yesterday ... a

of the damage in the Puna area. Kapoho2 - so sorry to see how much damage you've had in your area and for all affected by it ... hope you are OK.

I saw this link posted on Tripadvisor yesterday ... a
of the damage in the Puna area. Kapoho2 - so sorry to see how much damage you've had in your area and for all affected by it ... hope you are OK.

Awe :(

We are OK and so is our house. Some neighbors not so lucky. Weare still without electric,phone, Internet and cell service. They are saying probably a month more. It took us several days to be able to drive out of our area to get to Hilo for a cell signal. Lots of huge trees blocking roads.

The biggest necessity around here now is ice. I just read that the POA was in Hilo yesterday and delivered 5000 pounds of ice. Mahalo to NCL!!!

We are OK and so is our house. Some neighbors not so lucky. Weare still without electric,phone, Internet and cell service. They are saying probably a month more. It took us several days to be able to drive out of our area to get to Hilo for a cell signal. Lots of huge trees blocking roads.

The biggest necessity around here now is ice. I just read that the POA was in Hilo yesterday and delivered 5000 pounds of ice. Mahalo to NCL!!!

Mahalo for letting us know that you're okay but sorry to hear about all of the damage in your area. :( Your area took the brunt of Iselle but thankfully Julio went north of Hawaii. Hopefully you're getting enough supplies & that it won't take another month to get power restored.

Ulapalakua in upcountry Maui had tree damage but nothing like the video Susan-M found showing your area. Our leeward Maui property wasn't damaged & only got about 1/4" of rain.

Edited by Astro Flyer