Marina - Maximum guests at a table

Stickman505

We'll be traveling on Marina next year and have "met" a number of new friends on the Marina Roll Call. We thought it would be fun to get together for dinner one night. Does anyone know the maximum number of passengers that can be seated at one table? Also, is this something a butler could help arrange?

Thanks.

We'll be traveling on Marina next year and have "met" a number of new friends on the Marina Roll Call. We thought it would be fun to get together for dinner one night. Does anyone know the maximum number of passengers that can be seated at one table? Also, is this something a butler could help arrange?

Thanks.

Have you thought about Privee?

Thanks.

The Captains of each Restaurant control the seating in their own little kingdoms, but one could certainly ask their Butler to coordinate the request with that individual.

In the Specialty Restaurants, the largest tables are for eight, and in the Grand Dining Room the largest are for ten.

Having more space, the GDR obviously has more latitude for such requests but as they don't do reservations in advance, they will probably suggest that you just show up "on the night" and ask to be seated together.

That said, those largest tables are terrible for conversation, an you are far better off with two or three smaller tables in the same vicinity than one huge Aircraft Carrier type of thing. You'll get better, faster waiter and Sommelier service at smaller tables too.

Have you thought about Privee?

What a WONDERFUL Suggestion, Paul, but the max is ten people there too

cdd160d688d2733afadab7afceee21b4.jpg

Privée stands alone as Oceania Cruises' most indulgent, one-of-a-kind dining experience. Even superlatives pale when describing Marina's ultimate venue, which you may reserve solely for exclusive parties of as many as ten privileged guests. Opulently decorated with Ferrari Red carpeting, oversized white baby crocodile throne chairs, ornate Baroque millwork, and flanked by backlit onyx-clad walls, the setting for Privée is absolutely exquisite. A custom-made oval table, illuminated by a white Venini glass chandelier, lies at its heart, accentuating the culinary magic that awaits you.

Each guest may select any number of courses from Polo Grill, Toscana or a combination of both. Within the sanctum of Privée, dining engages all of the senses, leaving you and your guests immensely fulfilled. This private dining experience can be reserved for just $250 for a party of up to 10 privileged guests. Wine and other alcoholic beverages are additional.

I think the captain's table in the GDR seats 10 -- possibly 12? (I never counted.) If he's not using it that evening, you probably could nab it. I'd talk to the maitre d' in advance, though!

The Privee suggestion is a good one -- even though it will cost you a little extra to take advantage of it.

You could also plan on a La Reserve evening. The restaurant seats 24, not that you can talk to everyone if you are that many. As I recall there are 3 tables seating 8 each.

One thing I personally don't like about really large groups at one table is that they tend to be louder than their neighbors. Not because they are necessarily loud -- but just because you often have to raise your voice to be heard at the other end. (We were on one cruise where there was a fairly large group of deaf people traveling together and they seemed to have dinner together every night in the GDR. Since they conversed in sign language this wasn't a problem! But they were interesting to watch!)

If any one in your group is in one of the top suites you could organize (with the butler's help) a cocktail party with hors d'oeuvres. Those living rooms (and the decks are available in nice weather) are comfortable for larger groups. I've been to several such and they were very nice. Also, you have a better chance of talking to each other because you don't have the noise factor of other diners.

Mura

Mura

I agree 10 is max for MDR, we have squeezed 11 or 12 to the captains table once and it was crowded. the specialty restaurants have a reservation maximum of 8.

Personally I would speak with the Dining Room Manager ahead of time to arrange rather than a butler as much for your convenience to get what you want .There may be some back and forth depending on how many in your group such as have 12, perhaps two adjacent tables of 6.

We have had the pleasure to be invited to tables of 10 a few times and while enjoyable, conversation is tougher than 8's. My personal favourite is 6.

I believe Privee prefers 8 but will take 10. That would be a great choice for a group that size as it is in a private room and much easier to have conversation with the group

Oh, got pulled away while writing and after posting see the experts have already answered.

Edited by YoHoHo