Passport Question, Please Help!

I mailed in my passport application (new issue) from TX on 7/10, and I'm still not able to track it on the passport application tracking website. It says I should receive it in around 4-6 weeks and I'm starting to worry that it was lost in the mail. How long does it usually take before it's trackable?

Also, I submitted my passport card that I received in 2011 as my proof of U.S. citizenship. Has anyone else done this? The website says valid passport can be accepted and I don't know if that includes the cards. The people at the post office I submitted it at didn't seem to know for sure but guessed that it may work. Any help would be much appreciated!!

I mailed in my passport application (new issue) from TX on 7/10, and I'm still not able to track it on the passport application tracking website. It says I should receive it in around 4-6 weeks and I'm starting to worry that it was lost in the mail. How long does it usually take before it's trackable?

Also, I submitted my passport card that I received in 2011 as my proof of U.S. citizenship. Has anyone else done this? The website says valid passport can be accepted and I don't know if that includes the cards. The people at the post office I submitted it at didn't seem to know for sure but guessed that it may work. Any help would be much appreciated!!

Did you send the packet in certified or signature required?

Same thing happened to me last year. Wasn't able to track my renew passport application, but still received the new passport about 5 weeks later. Received my old passport a few days after that.

When I renewed mine in March I was never able to track it. I called the number on the tracking site and was told there were computer problems. They were able to give me an update on my application over the phone and I did receive it within four weeks start to finish.

Did they cash your check yet? Best to track it that way. That is what I did

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My son applied for his first passport thru the USPS at the beginning of July. The USPS submitted it for him (aka we never had to mail anything ourselves) and he received it in the mail yesterday (just shy of one month) along with his birth certificate.

Awesome, thank you all for the replies. I'll try to call today to see if a live person can give me an update.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Welp, looks like my bad luck with the USPS continues. I have yet to receive my passport, but I'm able to track it as it bounces around all over the country. Below is the short summary of its journey:

August 1 - Departed USPS facility in Hot Springs, AR

August 2 - Arrived at USPS facility in Dallas, TX

August 3 - Departed USPS facility in Dallas, TX

August 4 - Arrived at USPS post office

August 4 - Out for delivery

August 4 - UNDELIVERABLE AS ADDRESSED

August 7 - Arrived at USPS facility in Coppell, TX

August 8 - Departed USPS facility in Coppell, TX

August 10 - Arrived at USPS facility in Nashau, NH

August 11 - Departed USPS facility in Nashau, NH

August 12 - Arrived at USPS facility in Dallas, TX

The funny thing is it was addressed correctly, I received my passport card in the mail on Tuesday. Why was this not able to be delivered on Monday with the same address? Makes me relieved that I decided to do this 10 months in advance of actually needing it and not last minuted. This just gives us a little glimpse into why the USPS is losing about 25 million dollars a day.

Welp, looks like my bad luck with the USPS continues. I have yet to receive my passport, but I'm able to track it as it bounces around all over the country. Below is the short summary of its journey:

August 1 - Departed USPS facility in Hot Springs, AR

August 2 - Arrived at USPS facility in Dallas, TX

August 3 - Departed USPS facility in Dallas, TX

August 4 - Arrived at USPS post office

August 4 - Out for delivery

August 4 - UNDELIVERABLE AS ADDRESSED

August 7 - Arrived at USPS facility in Coppell, TX

August 8 - Departed USPS facility in Coppell, TX

August 10 - Arrived at USPS facility in Nashau, NH

August 11 - Departed USPS facility in Nashau, NH

August 12 - Arrived at USPS facility in Dallas, TX

The funny thing is it was addressed correctly, I received my passport card in the mail on Tuesday. Why was this not able to be delivered on Monday with the same address? Makes me relieved that I decided to do this 10 months in advance of actually needing it and not last minuted. This just gives us a little glimpse into why the USPS is losing about 25 million dollars a day.

That is some journey your passport is on. Crazy! Hope you have it in your hands before the week is out!