luggage labels

Ha ha ha ! Can I say in a tongue in cheek joking way . . . . Yes you do sound dumb :-)

I just cut them out and put plenty of Sellotape around them so they don't rip.

Better still, just wait until you get to the port and the porters will write you some out and put them on your luggage.

Have a great cruise

:-)

About 49 days prior to your cruise, you will be able to print out your cruise documents. (Not your Setsail Pass). When you are able to print out your cruise documents, you will find that the last page is a facsimile of a cruise luggage tag. The design is such that it will print one page per sheet of paper from your printer. When you print them, print whatever number of copies as you will have bags to check with the porters at the pier. Each of these pages will have fold lines on them and instructions as to how to fold the pages to make a relatively sturdy luggage tag. You essentially fold each page (5times, if IRC) lengthwise to form a large narrow tag. You can affix them to your bags with scotch tape or clear packing tape. If you have a staper they can also be stapled.

Since they are just printer paper, a lot of people laminate them with clear packing tape on both sides of the paper tag. If you do that, they definitely won't tear or fade if they get rained on.

Edited by Hypo

Ha ha ha ! Can I say in a tongue in cheek joking way . . . . Yes you do sound dumb :-)

I just cut them out and put plenty of Sellotape around them so they don't rip.

Better still, just wait until you get to the port and the porters will write you some out and put them on your luggage.

Have a great cruise

:-)

I don't cut mine, folding them seems to make them sturdier for me. Everyone does them differently, just as long as I get on the ship and my luggage arrives shortly after.

Confused about all this "fold do not cut". Does it mean fold in the middle? Surely I have to cut it out of the paper it's printed on? I know I sound dumb.

Thanks

It's not just you. We tried ours last weej and they look rubbish - they're coated in sellotape lol [emoji1]

I usually fold mine then run a strip of packing tape along the front of it and tape the end to form a loop around my bag handle. I just order some luggage tag holders from Amazon. They were rated excellent for $16.95 for 8 of them (I only need 2). Oh well, I'll have extras to give to friends. :)

We have the plastic tags and find them a pain to take off the suitcase, unloop, take apart, take out the old tag, put the new tag in, reloop and and then reattach every time we use them. (6-8 times a year)

The FOLDED paper tags work great for us. They look fine but who cares anyway. I only care that my luggage arrives. The last few cruises using the FOLDED paper tags has been just fine. We gave most of the plastic holders away. I wasted my $$ to purchase.

As noted the easiest is just to have the porter write the tags.

enjoy

M

I prefer the Zip Lock Ties and instead of looping thru both holes, only go thru one, that way you can always remove the tag, and replace and never have to remove from your luggage. We did 3 cruises from Sydney this past March and had to change the Room Tags out for the 2nd cruise. I had them all printed out and folded and night before leaving for the ship, slipped the new tags into the holder.