Port Canaveral (Orlando), FL ?

sassy~one

From the Carnival website:

EARLIEST FLIGHT DEPARTURE:

Earliest departures out of the Orlando International Airport for Carnival Liberty and Carnival Sunshine:

12:50pm

Earliest departures out of the Orlando International Airport for Carnival Sensation:

12:00pm

Earliest departures out of Melbourne Airport for Carnival Liberty, Carnival Sunshine and Carnival Sensation:

12:00pm

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

You have the official answer.

But realistically, you can get on an earlier flight without issue. If you do self-embarkation and get off as early as possible, then take a taxi to the airport, you can easily be at the airport by 8:30am and on a 10:00am flight.

Yes, you will rush a bit. But its quite doable.

Now, if your ship gets a major delay, then you could be a bit sorry.

But realistically, anything after 11am is pretty safe.

(We did a 10:20 last year and were at the gate at 9:15).

But realistically, you can get on an earlier flight without issue. If you do self-embarkation and get off as early as possible, then take a taxi to the airport, you can easily be at the airport by 8:30am and on a 10:00am flight.

But by taking a taxi from PC to MCO, your wallet (and possibly wife/husband) will surely be screaming at you! :D

We were a party of four. So a taxi for four was not much than four shuttle tickets.

It was $125.

Was this recently? I'm leaning towards taking a taxi even tho it's just 2 of us. I just think it's easier since I hate being packed in a shuttle with a bunch of others. :eek: Did you just disembark and grab a cab right at the terminal? $125 including tip? or tip was extra? Thanks :D Oh and was it a metered cab or flat rate?

It was in January. It was metered. I don't recall exactly, but I think the meter was around $112.

It was 7am on a Saturday morning, so traffic was light.

Have you ever rented a car to-and-from the Orlando airport? There are four of us, and I hate the thought of $250 for a round trip ride. I was going to use Uber, but they have stopped them from running Orlando for the meantime.

Thanks,

Yes, in January we rented a car on the way there. It was from budget and was around $50. We were tight for time and so we used the Taxi on the way back.

This week I rented a car for our cruise in January 2015 from budget for $45!

(Search the boards for discount rental codes).

Budget has a rental office just a couple of miles from the port. They have a shuttle waiting at the port that will take you to their office to pick up a vehicle. You can drop it off at the Orlando airport and they don't charge an extra fee for dropping it off at a different location. The only downfall was that there were only two counter workers there and neither were ever awarded medals for being speedy.

Budget has a rental office just a couple of miles from the port. They have a shuttle waiting at the port that will take you to their office to pick up a vehicle. You can drop it off at the Orlando airport and they don't charge an extra fee for dropping it off at a different location. The only downfall was that there were only two counter workers there and neither were ever awarded medals for being speedy.

There is a Budget, Avis, Hertz, and Enterprise all within a 5 minute taxi drive from PC. If you go online, you can find promo-codes for these that will give you a better rate to also include a waiver of the one-way rental. And if you are willing to wait, they all do have free shuttles from the port to their office.

Edited by snc_cam

Great for you, but don't plan on it. Today, the 528 west bound was closed due to a major automobile accident. It just reopened, but I'm sure there is major backup. Some stress there for some! Give yourself some leeway even if it means a wait at the airport.

While I did not want to do this nor recommended this to anyone but I've caught both of my 10:30 and 11 am flights. I paid more and parked at the port. I made sure I was up and standing in line and was off the both by 8am. It's doable but it is very stressful

Silly me being a newbie. I got so nervous watching the flights get more expensive everyday so i Jumped on a cheap(for school vacation week) flight that popped up leaving at 10:55am to Boston. All other flights have been $200 more per person unless i want to land after midnight. I thought to myself we would have plenty of time. Only later did I read these forums and realize how long it takes to go through everything. I don't leave til april and I am already nervous....lol. Maybe if Tony stewart gets suspended, he can get me to the airport in time.

We rented a car from dollar for after our January 2015 cruise. We are paying a fee to drop.off in Orlando but still.coming in under $100 for three days since we aren't leaving right away. We will likely shuttle over to.PC the day before our cruise.

I have two one-way rentals reserved with Hertz for our October Port Canaveral cruise. Arriving on Friday at MCO, so we have a day to explore before our Saturday boarding, and then leaving the following Saturday afternoon after the cruse returns. The first rental is at $58 and the second is priced at $66. I figured it was reasonably-priced compared to a shuttle or taxi for two, and we have the freedom to explore with the extra time we've built in around our flights.

In January we had a car service pick us up at Disney World and take us to the port and it was $140 not counting tip. Disney is about double the distance from just MCO to the port.

Going back to MCO we used the ship shuttle. We did luggage express and walked out of our cabin at 8:15 AM, got on shuttle at 8:40 AM (sat for 20 minutes waiting to fill up) and were at our terminal at MCO by 10:20 AM. Keep in mind there are multiple terminals and you might not be at the first stop. We weren't so it probably took us another 15 minutes from the first terminal stop until we got to ours.

The security check in line was very long. Luckily we were flying first class so were able to use the priority check in line, which took us about five minutes. Some friends were flying SWA and said it took them about 35 minutes to clear security.

We just got off the Liberty on Saturday. We were off the ship by 8:30 and back in Orlando by 10:00.

We rented a car from Budget and it was the easiest rental I have ever had. Carol and the team there are great.

We looked at an 11:00 departure but decided against it.

They called the self assist at 7:30.

Let me know if you have any questions.

We just got off the Liberty on Saturday. We were off the ship by 8:30 and back in Orlando by 10:00.

We rented a car from Budget and it was the easiest rental I have ever had. Carol and the team there are great.

We looked at an 11:00 departure but decided against it.

They called the self assist at 7:30.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Nydney

We have booked a rental thru Budget at MCO to Port Canaveral. Did you get a rental from MCO as well? If so, when you dropped the car off before your cruise, how long did you have to wait to drop it off and get picked up by the shuttle?

If it was just after the cruise, can you tell me how long you were waiting for the shuttle to pick you up at port? Was it a long process with respect to waiting for the shuttle and getting your car? DH may not have the patience to wait for a shuttle either direction so I'm wondering about getting a cab from Budget to the port and was curious about he wait to get back to Budget after.

Please and thank you!!:D

I have found the shuttles going from the car agency to the port to be no more than a few minutes wait. On the reverse, going from the port to the rental agency, you must first wait for the agency to open, then the van arrives, and must be pretty full before it leaves the port. We usually take a cab to the car agency from the port to get going quicker.

Thanks so much! That's very helpful. We don't have flights until later in afternoon wER have time but don't want to spend it sitting in a shuttle. Now we just have to find something to do for a few hours in Orlando before we head to the airport at 2:00