Cruising Today 8/9/14 CHEERS

Bases5

I was wondering if your cruising today could you check on the new Cheers package and report before you sail The 7 day new pricing, and also can it still be purchased on the second day.

Curious Minds need to Know

Many Thanks and have a great cruise.

This is what I saw on the Carnival website:

• Guests must purchase the program for the entire cruise - this program is not offered on a per day basis.

I would assume that means you can't purchase it on the second day, or if you do, you still pay for all the days of your cruise. Just my interpretation.

Have a great Cruise!

I spoke to someone at carnival on the phone, they said no you cant purchase on day 2

You can speak to five different Carnival people and probably get five different answers to the same question. I am guessing they would gladly sell it the second day for the full price ;).

I believe the web site read the same way before the changes.

And you could buy it on the second day.

I was wondering if that has changed.

It was always the second day in Texas and everywhere else before.

It appears the changes to the program are:

1. it can no longer be purchased on day 2 unless one is on ship sailing from Texas (due to state laws), and

2. that the amount charged is now a flat rate dependant upon the length of the cruise, not a per day amount.

Using the CHEERS! beverage package, guests can enjoy a wide variety of wine, beer and spirits (including cocktails and frozen drinks), along with sodas and non-alcoholic frozen cocktails throughout the voyage at one convenient flat rate plus tax and a 15% gratuity added on at the time of purchase of the package. Pricing will be subject to change depending on duration and seasonality.

CHEERS! package prices range from $165.00 to $300.00 per person/per voyage (including up to 8 day durations) depending on the length of the cruise. Cruises longer than 8 days will have voyage specific pricing. Taxes and gratuities are additional. It is required that all guests 21 years of age and older in the cabin must purchase the package.

For ships sailing from Texas, due to state laws, CHEERS! Is not offered on embarkation day – guests will purchase drinks in the usual manner; on the 2nd day of the cruise, guests can purchase CHEERS! and use for the remainder of the cruise.

SOURCE: https://www.goccl.com/~/media/Files/Irman/bookccl/shipboard_knowledge/My_Awesome_Bar_Program.pdf

Thanks for posting the new changes. We haven't decided if were going to get it on our cruise next week yet. We have over $220 OBC pp. in one of our cabins, but may decided to just use that for our gratuities, and other onboard drinks since we would never get our moneys worth using the Cheers program.

So for a 7 day is it $300pp per day plus 15%grat? That's $345pp or $690 for a couple. If so I still can't justify the cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That is correct. I'm the only person over 21 in my cabin and I plan to get it. I promise to report back before sail away on Tuesday on what I paid as there seems to be some disagreement on whether you pay taxes in the whole package when brought in port.

So for a 7 day is it $300pp per day plus 15%grat? That's $345pp or $690 for a couple. If so I still can't justify the cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

no that is not correct The $300 = is for 8 days

It's $37.50 per day X 7 = $262.50 plus 15% grat. It'a $301. pp for 7 days.

no that is not correct The $300 = is for 8 days

It's $37.50 per day X 7 = $262.50 plus 15% grat. It'a $301. pp for 7 days.

I'm sorry you're right I missed the 7 days part, I'm too excited for my cruise which is 8 days. I still promise to report in my pricing :)

Carnivals web site never said it could be purchessed on the second day But you could.

The texas thing was always on the web site.

That's why I am wondering if you can still get it on the second day?

That is correct. I'm the only person over 21 in my cabin and I plan to get it. I promise to report back before sail away on Tuesday on what I paid as there seems to be some disagreement on whether you pay taxes in the whole package when brought in port.

Looking forward to your update on Tuesday as we sail next week and are considering purchasing. Biggest question out there seems to be if you can purchase on day 2 still?

I don't think you will have to pay tax on the cheers package.

When we bought cheers last November our purchase price was the per day price plus 15% gratuity. But for very drink we got while still in port of Miami we had to pay tax only. I think that is the tax they are referring to.

I don't think you will have to pay tax on the cheers package.

When we bought cheers last November our purchase price was the per day price plus 15% gratuity. But for very drink we got while still in port of Miami we had to pay tax only. I think that is the tax they are referring to.

I agree.

There is no tax on the package. Only on drinks while in US ports. Have done Cheers twice.

On the Liberty now on an 8 day cruise. pricing is 37.50 per day X 8 = 300.00 +15% tip (45.00), for a total of 345.00

Did they charge tax? Thank you sooooo much for taking time out of your vacation to respond, I am sure we all greatly appreciate it

Did they charge tax? Thank you sooooo much for taking time out of your vacation to respond, I am sure we all greatly appreciate it

No problem. I was just checking my emails anyway. I just confirmed with my favorite bartenders at the Versailles aft pool bar, that according to them, nothing has changed except the price. You can still purchase Cheers on the 2nd day. No tax is charged except for the local taxes charged while the ship is still at the embarkation port, and is only charged on the drinks you order while still in that port. For me, while still at Port Canaveral, it was 30 cents a drink. Hope this helps. Heading to the Blackjack tournament now. BTW, we will be in Grand Turk with you on Friday. I always strive to get cabanas 9 or 10 at Margaritaville. Stop by and say hello.

Edited by Jamman54

No problem. I was just checking my emails anyway. I just confirmed with my favorite bartenders at the Versailles aft pool bar, that according to them, nothing has changed except the price. You can still purchase Cheers on the 2nd day. No tax is charged except for the local taxes charged while the ship is still at the embarkation port, and is only charged on the drinks you order while still in that port. For me, while still at Port Canaveral, it was 30 cents a drink. Hope this helps. Heading to the Blackjack tournament now. BTW, we will be in Grand Turk with you on Friday. I always strive to get cabanas 9 or 10 at Margaritaville. Stop by and say hello.

The second day info is very good news. Thanks so much fot taking the time. Enjoy the rest of your cruise.

Awesome news, thanks!