Century best and bad

Cockatoos

Can anyone tell me their opinion on the best and bad cabin on the Century. Also do the cabin layouts alternate (Bed near bath/balcony) like the larger ships. Thanks

We were in the aft section deck 9 and room was ok -- kind of worn, though. The bathroom just looked dingy and the balcony furniture was in need of replacement. The carpets were worn and the furniture chipped. The beds were comfy, though. The room seemed clean enough, just older and worn. I do like the little secret doors in the aft of the ship that lead you up to the Sunset Bar and buffet....nice little feature. Not too many people knew about them. I think the bed is just more in the middle of the stateroom with a desk by the door. The closets were in the entryway, if I recall -- so not at all like the design of the Solstice class ships....but comfortable once you get past the lack of the WOW factor.

Since our room was towards the aft (I think there were about a dozen cabins aft of ours), I thought there would be a lot of vibration and movement -- but it wasn't bad in that respect. It was actually quite quiet in that area.

The staff and crew were phenomenal, as was the entertainment and the food was really good to excellent. I think she is just kind of an old girl...not bad, just old now....maybe in need of a bit of TLC in some (not all) areas.

I liked the funky little room they used as a movie theater. I enjoyed it a lot. The Cova Café is not to be missed....oh, and Muranos is amazing.

PS -- on the Mercury, we stayed all the way aft and were popped right out of bed when pulling into ports in the morning ...so maybe avoid those rooms since this is a sister ship. Also, we once stayed in one of the sideways cabins on deck 9 midship. Think there might be a room service galley right below the room. Very sleepless cruise...again, that was on the Mercury but think the Century is identical.

Can anyone tell me their opinion on the best and bad cabin on the Century. Also do the cabin layouts alternate (Bed near bath/balcony) like the larger ships. Thanks

The cabins on Century do not alternate like the S class ships and the

layouts are different as well. The beds in a regular balcony on Century

are more in the middle of the cabin....the closet is totally different

too. You can't really compare these 2 ships at all. Century was built

in 1995. S class came into the fleet in 2008...they are just totally

different vessels.

Thanks Cruise Raider, Lois, and Icat helped a lot. We are probably looking at balcony or celebrity cabin, bust cant see much difference in the perks between the two. The stem of flower/s, fruit we haven't fit in, and the canapés can be given the miss....

We were on the Century in mid-Feb, right after drydock. We were deck 9 mid ship. We had new carpeting and bedding, which was very nice. Some others obviously did not and were complaining about those things. Our only room complaint was our balcony. The floor was covered in huge bubbles and extremely difficult to walk on. It was so uncomfortable that we seldom went out there. We were on a B2B. The first leg, we were in select dining and hated it. It was very crowded and noisy and it felt like you were being rushed and herded. The waiters did not pay any attention to you and did not seem to know what they were doing. Many were being trained. The second leg, we were in late dining at a table for two. We were stuck in a bad spot where they stacked all the dirty dishes. We talked to the Maitre D and he said he would see what he could do. They brought a table for 2 in and placed it near the Capt table. We had absolutely excellent service from our waiters from then on. They couldn't have been better. The food was excellent.