Themed cruises

Macdl

Not every cruise has a theme, and to be honest, I can't think of any of our Celebrity cruises (at least 25) that were themed. If there is a theme, it should be listed on the website.

Now, every Crystal cruise has a theme, such as health and wellness, or Big Band or wine and food, but I can't remember Celebrity having a football cruise. Royal Caribbean has had football and baseball cruises, but not Celebrity, but I do believe there will be a Boston Bruin fan cruise, and a Top Chef cruise coming up.

Edited by cruisead

We had one themed cruise in many yrs....something revolving around the excite the senses cookbook...there were a few enhanced cooking events but the main thrust was to sell that really large cookbook,,from J Van Staaden (?) there was no extra charge and info about it was fairly low key...

Would prefer not to have themed cruises unless clearly announced as such.. One might like the cruise itin and ship but not the theme so knowing ahead if time would help making booking choices...

I assume the top chef and other cruise cost extra to be part of the event....like the American Girl cruise????

Edited by hcat

be careful about a "themed cruise" Just got off the Summit's theme Ranger cruise, but you had to sign up before for the events. Nobody tells you this and the Celebrity website doesn't tell you this either. Buyer beware

football Theme?on Celebrity? Or was this another line?

They were both celebrity and both last year... It wasn't a football cruise but there were speakers and things going on that was football related .. You could sign attend . And on the wellness one they had different things health related that you could attend.

be careful about a "themed cruise" Just got off the Summit's theme Ranger cruise, but you had to sign up before for the events. Nobody tells you this and the Celebrity website doesn't tell you this either. Buyer beware

Guess there's no way to tell so hard to be an informed consumer.

They must have advertised it to their fans.

I also recall some tie in cruise to one of the gambling resorts.

Hoping all of ours are just plain...wonderful cruises without a hundred fans of anything on board......

Edited by hcat

Themed??? Cruises... best way to find is to search a couple of websites that inform you about many themed cruises. Also, professional journals frequently advertise their "themed" cruises. However, subscribing to every professional journal would be just a bit expensive. Been on a few Celebrity cruises where the preponderance of the passengers where members of a group. Good luck.

There is a "Top Chef" cruise coming up on the Reflection on 11/15, and that sailing is noted on the Celebrity web site when you look to book. Guess you could consider that a "themed" cruise?! There was also one on the Summit in July, and Solstice is scheduled in August, and Infinity in September.

Edited by gimletgal

Wasn't that privately sponsored and you had to book through a specific agency to take part in those events?

not to my knowledge as it was listed on the celebrity website. It had NO mention of it being privately sponsored. The Celebrity websites stated…and I quote "Introducing CELEBRITY'S first-ever New York Rangers Legends Cruise". It goes on to state "join the greats for an unforgettable 7-night Bermuda vacation". It also goes on to state what is included on the cruise…hockey clinics, Q and A, Breakfast with the Rangers, BBQ, and autograph session. Nowhere in the advertisement does it state to register to be part of it or that it is a private event. That is false advertising or scamming the consumer.