Has anyone been on a sailing where there was a HUGE group for a private event???

rene194215

Hi, I just know the station is out of Tampa. I think I over reacted a little when I first found out. I bet its going to be a fun time!!!

it is out of tampa it's 102.5 the bone the radio host has a band named pitbull toddler a bunch of listeners will be on that cruise

Hi, I just know the station is out of Tampa. I think I over reacted a little when I first found out. I bet its going to be a fun time!!!

it is a radio station out of tampa it's 102.5 the bone the radio stations host has a band named pitbull toddler a bunch of listeners will be on there

We have been unlucky to have been on THREE cruises with large groups, and didn't know in advance about any of them.

Our very first cruise on the Triumph was with a group of 800 retired Navy USS Wasp submarine (and their spouses) group. Not a problem because they went to bed early (all from WWII and in their 80's at the time) so most entertainment venues were more empty and were easier to get into and get a seat. There were blue rocking chairs put on the lido under every overhang on the ship too....LOL! Haven't seen that on a cruise since.

Several years later we were on the Legend with a very large (about 750) group of GLBT.....made for a very interesting and fun cruise though. They closed several venues for their use (such as the disco, and the aft lounge at times), which I think did take away from the balance of the cruises pax.

And lastly on the Miracle with my 85 year old mom and sons, hit bad weather and didn't stop at 2 of 3 ports (very odd for a mid January cruise)....just our luck to be stuck on a ship with 800 ACCORDION players....think "Lawrence Welk" music NON STOP and in every venue on the ship morning, noon and night. Cuz we did not stop on at any ports to exchange entertainment, they so kindly offered to BE THE ENTERTAINMENT....yikes, that was one horrible experience. Accordion music in the promenade lobby, in each and every lounge all night with their spouses polka dancing to it.....YUCK. We barricaded our selves in our cabins for a lot of that trip...thank goodness for balconies....LOL!

At one time, someone posted a website that listed "groups" that had booked large groups on specific ships....but can't remember what it was. If anyone remembers, please let me know. It would be great to look up your upcoming cruises to see what large group block booked and then be able to decide if you wanted to stay or look at another ship/date.

Edited by buddylover

Our first Conquest cruise had a very large Ford Motor Company group on board. They were a great bunch of folks! Their meetings took place in the day time and it really didn't impact anything. Cal Worthington (much loathed major Ford dealer on the West Coast, now deceased) was there in his cowboy boots and hat, never in anything else (Western Carribbean itinerary) and seemed pretty grumpy. I think he was the only one who wasn't having any fun.

And then I have been a part of a group cruise (see my signature) on 4 occasions, but our group was always under 200 and we didn't impact others really, except when the band we were with performed for the entire ship! :-) There were lots of new zydeco music lovers because of it. Et' toi!

Taters

Our first Conquest cruise had a very large Ford Motor Company group on board. They were a great bunch of folks! Their meetings took place in the day time and it really didn't impact anything. Cal Worthington (much loathed major Ford dealer on the West Coast, now deceased) was there in his cowboy boots and hat, never in anything else (Western Carribbean itinerary) and seemed pretty grumpy. I think he was the only one who wasn't having any fun.

Taters

I guess he was missing his dog spot!

I grew up n Seattle, I can still remember his commercial jingle....

We were on the Breeze when Guy Fieri and family and his posse were filming for his tv show. It was very disruptive - closing off areas of the ship during "prime-time" passenger usage. (ropes course during sea days, etc.) Was very happy when he got off in Jamaica!!

Last January on Liberty, we had about 80 people who were on a Renaissance Festival Group Cruise. They were a lot of fun. We had a 2-top amongst their 8 tables for 10. Three of the younger gals who were laundresses or something, kept coming to our table, wrapping their arms around my SO, and having lots of fun. This was on the 1st week of our B2B. The 2nd week of our B2B was pretty boring (and normal) in the MDR after the week before.

We were on the Legend in October, 2012 with a large group of swag dancers I think they were called. They were from various parts of the country and I was worried about it when I saw they were going to be on board from our roll call.

Turns out they were a great bunch of people and didn't really disrupt anything for us. They did have private functions at some of the bars and places but mostly it was during off times so that it didn't disrupt the other passengers.

One of the ladies took a liking to my little blonde headed son and she would pull him up to dance with her every time she saw him - he turned 8 while we were on the trip and he absolutely loved all the attention!

She even went to the candy store and bought him a balloon and a whole lot of candy!

Don't stress too much - I'm sure you'll have a great time!