Does norwegian follow local time on the ship?

Ashtonwa

Trying to plan a 6 hour excursion in puerto vallarta in April and I am probably overthinking this but when it says it is there from 8-5, what time is that? Ship or local? I don't want to miss the boat if our excursion starts at 10am...I know, I am a freak but I can't help it! :)

On all of our cruises with NCL the ship has always gone by the local time. They give a notice the night before that in the morning we will be in such and such time zone and will be ahead, or behind by one hour, or whatever the case may be.

I suppose that could vary with the itineraries, but that is our experience to date.

On all our NCL cruises, ship time has been set to match local time. The "on board" time in each port will be in the Freestyle Daily, announced over the PA, and on a bulletin board prominently displayed as you leave the ship.

In spite of that, there are always "runners," passengers who provide entertainment for those of us on board as they run down the pier, desperate not to miss the ship. They usually get a rousing cheer for their efforts.

Could depend on when in April because a recent cruise on Princess and the US was on daylight saving, but Mexico does not change as early as the US, so we were off an hour in Cabo. The cruise line will let you know to change if need be

On all of my cruises, ship time has equalled local time.

They sure do. Boy was I surprised when we received a time change notice of 1/2 hr in Corner Brook Newfoundland , Canada .

I had never heard of a 1/2 hr change before this !!!

Edited by biker@sea

Been on many NCL cruises, each one, they kept with local time, you received a card in your stateroom reminding you to change your time forward or back, numerous times!! Since others have experiened something different, check when you get onboard. Your excursion provider will known what time the ship docks.

Ships time was not local time last week on our western Caribbean cruise on the sunshine...I turned my phone on in Cozumel and the time changed...oops I had to remember the difference after that or rely on hubby to have the correct time.

I believe that NCL always goes by local time and changes their clocks to it as well as leaving reminders in the cabins for both the time change and the change back. Both CCL and RCI stayed on ship time.

So those of us who have been on NCL cruises that didn't change to local time in at least one port are lying about it?

On my Western Caribbean trip on the Pearl in April, we kept ship's time the entire week. I never had to change the time on my watch, and we were repeatedly reminded not to go by the time on our phones.

Just like luvcruzing, we were on the Pearl in April and stayed on ship time all cruise. I think it might've been because there were 2 time changes during the cruise. We were in Cozumel with the Jewel and were on 2 different times. At Salsa and Salsa there, they made 2 different time announcements referring to each ship. So cruise vendors were in the loop.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Forums mobile app