All Things Vantage

FuelScience

Does anyone know if Vantage has a phone number people can call to reach the riverboat in case of emergencies?

Yes, but you might have to contact Vantage to find out what it is.

I sent Vantage an email asking for the names of the hotels, their phone numbers and the telephone number of the ship when we went to Peru. They sent back a very nice email with all info provided.

Yes, but you might have to contact Vantage to find out what it is.

I sent Vantage an email asking for the names of the hotels, their phone numbers and the telephone number of the ship when we went to Peru. They sent back a very nice email with all info provided.

Don't they send that info with the final docs?

Vantage no longer sends out final documents, they expect you to print what ever info they have at the time on line.

They say they are going"green", however they are just going cheap.

"Green" doesn't stop them from filling my mailbox.

The cheap comment gives me some pause. We booked a Rhone cruise advertised as a culinary cruise. On of the advertised special activities was dinner in a Lyon bouchon . . . A real selling point.

I saw in my online itinerary . . . no special dinner, all of them on the ship. E-mail to customer service has simply confirmed the posted itinerary with no acknowledgement that cruise was Advertised as a special culinary cruise. Was I hit with a bait and switch? Any suggestions of where to call to see if the culinary inclusions are in or out?

Does anyone know if Vantage has a phone number people can call to reach the riverboat in case of emergencies?

I checked the final docs I received from my last trip and there is an emergency number to contact the ship (River Navigator) I was on but not a general emergency number. I'm not including the number I have because I believe the Navigator is no longer used by Vantage. I hope everything is ok with your family and I would suggest you call Vantage customer service at 1-888-982-6824 or if you have the name of the ship you need to reach, try googling the ship and see if you can find a number.

Edited by Hydrokitty

We have just returned from a Vantage trip and the only thing we got was luggage tags that we requested when we found out that they stopped sending out a trip packet.

Don't know what to say about the Special France trip other than to call customer service.

The sad thing about dealing with Vantage is that upper management has lost sight of it's mission to provide a "deluxe" travel experience.

The good news is that once you get to your destination the trips a very good and well run by the program managers, in spite of poor short sighted management in Boston.

Don't they send that info with the final docs?

No final docs, as others have said. You have to get all your info from "My Portfolio". No name tags and no luggage tags, either. We were told that there was too much personal information on the luggage tags, so they would no longer be provided. I used my Grand Circle tags for my last trip :D.

We were also only given one Daily Bulletin per room/couple for our trip. Yes, they are Going Green.

No final docs, as others have said. You have to get all your info from "My Portfolio". No name tags and no luggage tags, either. We were told that there was too much personal information on the luggage tags, so they would no longer be provided. I used my Grand Circle tags for my last trip :D.

We were also only given one Daily Bulletin per room/couple for our trip. Yes, they are Going Green.

I still Vantage tags....only info on them is my name and address and instructions to contact Vantage and their corporate info. Same info on my CC luggage tags, which I use all the time. I know most disagree, but I wish I had kept my name tags from our last trip...I rather liked them because I am terrible with names and the tags saved me some embarrassment. As for the portfolio information I think that's a bit irresponsible since I always put all of it on my computer and e-mailed a copy to each of my children and to my petsitter so anyone that might need to contact me would know where we were each day we were gone. All that being said, I have to say that Celebrity doesn't give me any of those things either....and their luggage tags are paper!!!

I hope 4774 Papa is just asking a question and not needing to contact someone on board a Vantage cruise.

I still Vantage tags....only info on them is my name and address and instructions to contact Vantage and their corporate info. Same info on my CC luggage tags, which I use all the time. I know most disagree, but I wish I had kept my name tags from our last trip...I rather liked them because I am terrible with names and the tags saved me some embarrassment. As for the portfolio information I think that's a bit irresponsible since I always put all of it on my computer and e-mailed a copy to each of my children and to my petsitter so anyone that might need to contact me would know where we were each day we were gone. All that being said, I have to say that Celebrity doesn't give me any of those things either....and their luggage tags are paper!!!

I hope 4774 Papa is just asking a question and not needing to contact someone on board a Vantage cruise.

Believe it or not, this was the information that was considered "private" :eek:.

Most of us want to let someone know where we are in case of emergencies.

We are still in Georgia and I always pass on to family and the neighbors our emergency phone numbers.

Vantage answered my question, the number is in the final docs.

:) So you are getting final docs? Or do you have to print them yourself? It doesn't really matter as long as you have the emergency numbers...I like my petsitter and children to know how to reach us...neighbor knows where we're going and has my children's phone info. Glad all is ok.

:) So you are getting final docs? Or do you have to print them yourself?

There is a third option [which combines "green" and "cheap"]: get the docs as a PDF and just copy out the few data points you really need.

Edited by Host Jazzbeau

"Green" doesn't stop them from filling my mailbox.

Well, from my perspective, they have really gone green! We were getting almost daily advertisements from Vantage and then since mid-April - Nothing! We just got back from a two week vacation and noticed going thru our mail there wasn't anything from Vantage!

-Rose

Well, from my perspective, they have really gone green! We were getting almost daily advertisements from Vantage and then since mid-April - Nothing! We just got back from a two week vacation and noticed going thru our mail there wasn't anything from Vantage!

-Rose

They'll get you. :D

We just received an email from our Vantage Cruise Director Manuela Cunha, for our Portugal/Douro River tour.

She provided her email address and phone, which doubles as an emergency phone number. Also, she provided the names of her two associates.

Also, we were informed by Vantage that 17 Euro per day would be added to our bill, paid by our credit card for tips for the Cruise Director, and staff on riverboat. This is different than what Tom reported from the same trip a month earlier.

We just received an email from our Vantage Cruise Director Manuela Cunha, for our Portugal/Douro River tour.

She provided her email address and phone, which doubles as an emergency phone number. Also, she provided the names of her two associates.

Also, we were informed by Vantage that 17 Euro per day would be added to our bill, paid by our credit card for tips for the Cruise Director, and staff on riverboat. This is different than what Tom reported from the same trip a month earlier.

Interesting about the daily service charge.

I'm a first time Vantage Cruiser, trying to figure out if I'll get an email. As far as you know, did you get the email because you are a President's Club (or whatever they call the frequent cruisers). When does your trip begin?

They'll get you. :D

I'd be happy to send you mine!!! Our paper recycling service is starting to complain about all the catalogs!!! And I get almost daily e-mails as well. You know what I can't figure out? They're trying to go green, which is commendable, and they're fully computerized....and yet: I still get weekly adverts for trips I've already done!!! You would think there was some way they could punch trips you've already taken into the system so you don't keep getting paper on trips you did....and since I've done 9 trips with them, I'm getting waaaay to much paper in my mail box!!!

-Rose

Hi Rose:

I'd be happy to send you mine!!! Our paper recycling service is starting to complain about all the catalogs!!! And I get almost daily e-mails as well. You know what I can't figure out? They're trying to go green, which is commendable, plus they're fully computerized....and yet: I still get weekly flyers for trips I've already done!!! You would think there was some way they could put trips you've already taken into the system so you don't keep getting ads trips you did....and since I've done 9 trips with them, I'm getting waaaay to much paper in my mail box!!! :D

I'm not sure a day goes by that I don't get a brochure, packet, envelope or something in the mail from Vantage. Many are duplications of trips we have already taken. When we started traveling with them it was really special with free gifts (books, umbrellas, hats, vests, blankets, bags---we have a collection of things with Vantage logos!!). Now they have gone "green and cheap" and don't even want to send luggage tags (with the excuse that the information is too personal.. what else do you put on your luggage tag but your name and address???)

The change to Program Managers was a big loss to their program and has made a difference with cruising with them.

We are traveling with them next October on our 13th trip. Sad to say it may be our last.

I think their IT folks are spending too much effort amending and updating invoices for paid in full cruises. Today I received my sixth invoice for a cruise in late October, booked in July. Invoices one and two were ofor deposit and then payment in full, OK I get that. But three through six? Each one increased the price and then showed a corresponding credit. Why? Do they increase the amount due for those that didn't pay in full?

Edited by CPT Trips

Booked:

Celebrity Constellation Greek Isles 5-2016

Azamara Quest Norwegian Fjords 8-2016

Norwegian Pride of America Hawaii 10-2016

African Safari 6-2017

Crown Princess Classic Canada & New England 10-2017

Azamara Journey Northern Europe 8-2018

Jazz,

May I ask who you are using for your African Safari in 2017?

Interesting about the daily service charge.

I'm a first time Vantage Cruiser, trying to figure out if I'll get an email. As far as you know, did you get the email because you are a President's Club (or whatever they call the frequent cruisers). When does your trip begin?

Vantage has had my email forever. I still get promos all the time from them.

This is my third Vantage trip, so I think we are in President's Club.

Vantage trip is Portugal and Douro River starting 15 May. We arrive one day early and stay three days after in Porto.

I'm not sure a day goes by that I don't get a brochure, packet, envelope or something in the mail from Vantage. Many are duplications of trips we have already taken. When we started traveling with them it was really special with free gifts (books, umbrellas, hats, vests, blankets, bags---we have a collection of things with Vantage logos!!). Now they have gone "green and cheap" and don't even want to send luggage tags (with the excuse that the information is too personal.. what else do you put on your luggage tag but your name and address???)

The change to Program Managers was a big loss to their program and has made a difference with cruising with them.

We are traveling with them next October on our 13th trip. Sad to say it may be our last.

There is way too much waste. We do get stuff from Vantage, but more from Viking and we have never done a cruise on Viking.