All Things Vantage

FuelScience

Be aware that there are different 777 seating layouts on different airlines. Some are 3-3-3, some are 2-5-2, ANA has some that are 2-4-3, and perhaps worst is Emirates at 3-4-3 (10 across rather than 9).

Thom

We generally fly Delta or a Sky Team partner, since we just keep racking up the miles. We have never been on a 777 with 2 seats on the side. We have flown Delta, Air France, Korean Air, American, Lufthansa and United and none had that configuration.

We generally fly Delta or a Sky Team partner, since we just keep racking up the miles. We have never been on a 777 with 2 seats on the side. We have flown Delta, Air France, Korean Air, American, Lufthansa and United and none had that configuration.

American 777-200 V1 is 2-5-2, V2 is 3-4-3, 300-ER is 3-4-3

British Airways 777-200 and 300 is 3-3-3

United 777-200 is 3-3-3 except Hawaii which is 2-5-2

China Airlines is 3-4-3

Cathay Pacific is 3-3-3

KLM 3-4-3

Delta 3-3-3

Emirates 3-4-3

Air France 3-4-3

However, most of them do have 2-4-2 configuration in the last 4 rows in the tail of the plane

I haven't traveled yet with Vantage, only booked, and have already been bumped. They cancelled our cruise date and offered us a choice of two other dates. Now I have to submit an absentee ballot . . .

Just noticed today that their web site is now showing a lower fare and free air. We are still more than six months out. Guess I'll be making another inquiry.

CPT Trips: Was your cancelled Vantage trip the st. Lawrence Great Lakes trip?

If yes, please contact me at chydro564@yahoo.com...I have information that may be of interest to you.

CPT Trips: Was your cancelled Vantage trip the st. Lawrence Great Lakes trip?

If yes, please contact me at chydro564@yahoo.com...I have information that may be of interest to you.

Nope. It was a "special" culinary cruise on the Rhone/Soane. A cruise on which they now seem to have dropped a special activity, a dinner off the ship in Lyon.

My experience has been they definitely do NOT have a price guarantee . In fact I had a catalog less than 2 months old and they would not honor published prices. Although when a less expensive cabin became available we were allowed to switch.

We have been happy with our 2 vantage cruises and have scheduled a third.

I am taking my 2nd trip with Vantage (Greek Island Cruise) and they definitely honor email prices. I received an email for a reduced fair for several cruises but I had to immediately book. Since I was not comfortable booking without doing any other research, they offered me a 30-day money back cancellation (no penalty - in writing) for booking immediately to lock the fair.

I watch the other cruises to judge which dates for the same cruise to see which ones sell out and which ones have a lot of room - dates with a lot of open cabins may ask customers to shift to a different date.

I also book my airfare through Vantage at economy - then once the flight is ticketed (45-days prior to departure) I call the airline and take care of upgrading myself (via points or purchase). I only upgrade long stretches.

Vantage has booked us great flights (only two cruises so far).

Nope. It was a "special" culinary cruise on the Rhone/Soane. A cruise on which they now seem to have dropped a special activity, a dinner off the ship in Lyon.

that's too bad..one of the best meals we had in France was in Lyon.

Oh and BTW, it's a good thing you didn't book Great Lakes....like I did. :mad:

I am taking my 2nd trip with Vantage (Greek Island Cruise) and they definitely honor email prices. I received an email for a reduced fair for several cruises but I had to immediately book. Since I was not comfortable booking without doing any other research, they offered me a 30-day money back cancellation (no penalty - in writing) for booking immediately to lock the fair.

I watch the other cruises to judge which dates for the same cruise to see which ones sell out and which ones have a lot of room - dates with a lot of open cabins may ask customers to shift to a different date.

I also book my airfare through Vantage at economy - then once the flight is ticketed (45-days prior to departure) I call the airline and take care of upgrading myself (via points or purchase). I only upgrade long stretches.

Vantage has booked us great flights (only two cruises so far).

When I asked about a price guarantee, I wanted to know if they would offer compensation if a paid in full cruise was subsequently advertised at a lower price?

When I asked about a price guarantee, I wanted to know if they would offer compensation if a paid in full cruise was subsequently advertised at a lower price?

What did they say??? I had to forward the email to get my price.

American 777-200 V1 is 2-5-2, V2 is 3-4-3, 300-ER is 3-4-3

British Airways 777-200 and 300 is 3-3-3

United 777-200 is 3-3-3 except Hawaii which is 2-5-2

China Airlines is 3-4-3

Cathay Pacific is 3-3-3

KLM 3-4-3

Delta 3-3-3

Emirates 3-4-3

Air France 3-4-3

However, most of them do have 2-4-2 configuration in the last 4 rows in the tail of the plane

We managed to book the two seats together once at the tail of the plane. However, we have found that either the seats fill up quickly, or the airlines save them (don't allow booking) for some reason.

We managed to book the two seats together once at the tail of the plane. However, we have found that either the seats fill up quickly, or the airlines save them (don't allow booking) for some reason.

Often they are saved for FAs. We noticed that AA FAs get the economy bulkhead seats and a curtain that they install on long flights.

We are taking the Best of Burgundy, Beaujolais & Provence in October 2016.

Found that their brochures have no expiration dates of their offerings. So, you need to go to their website for their current prices, or call.

We booked, as we felt the cruise, tours and included air was a good price when compared to other river cruise companies.

We were going to book a pre-cruise stay in Paris, but, opted not to because of the increase in price from what was in the brochure.

I'm glad to see others have had a positive experience with this river cruise line.

After over a year of waiting (and paying!) it's almost here - we are packing now for our Sunday departure to Amsterdam, where we will tour for week on our own before embarking on our first river cruise, Vantage's 26 day Grand European cruise from the Rhine Valley to Bucharest. There is no way I can keep track of 26 days of sightseeing, not to mention all the optional excursions we signed up for, so we'll be taking it all in one day at a time. Excited!

This may be a one-and-done for us, giving the extensiveness of this cruise (8 countries) and the cost (:eek:), but we can't wait to experience it all. We've been on a short river cruise in China, so we are aware of the size differences between ocean liners and river boats, and I'm so happy to leave the tuxes and evening dresses at home!

Any last minute tips on enhancing this experience from those of you seasoned river cruisers are welcome! :)

We are taking the Best of Burgundy, Beaujolais & Provence in October 2016.

Found that their brochures have no expiration dates of their offerings. So, you need to go to their website for their current prices, or call.

We booked, as we felt the cruise, tours and included air was a good price when compared to other river cruise companies.

We were going to book a pre-cruise stay in Paris, but, opted not to because of the increase in price from what was in the brochure.

I'm glad to see others have had a positive experience with this river cruise line.

Are you on the October 30 departure?

After over a year of waiting (and paying!) it's almost here - we are packing now for our Sunday departure to Amsterdam, where we will tour for week on our own before embarking on our first river cruise, Vantage's 26 day Grand European cruise from the Rhine Valley to Bucharest. There is no way I can keep track of 26 days of sightseeing, not to mention all the optional excursions we signed up for, so we'll be taking it all in one day at a time. Excited!

This may be a one-and-done for us, giving the extensiveness of this cruise (8 countries) and the cost (:eek:), but we can't wait to experience it all. We've been on a short river cruise in China, so we are aware of the size differences between ocean liners and river boats, and I'm so happy to leave the tuxes and evening dresses at home!

Any last minute tips on enhancing this experience from those of you seasoned river cruisers are welcome! :)

Try to remember how you enjoy the middle portion of this cruise: that will be the best measure to evaluate whether this is "one and done" or if 7-day river cruises have a place in your future travel plans. River cruises are never cheap, but you have started off with one of the most expensive possible!

Try to remember how you enjoy the middle portion of this cruise: that will be the best measure to evaluate whether this is "one and done" or if 7-day river cruises have a place in your future travel plans. River cruises are never cheap, but you have started off with one of the most expensive possible!

:)

I do have a specific question re: Vantage alcohol policy - will we be able to bring wine onboard for enjoying privately in our stateroom? (I am aware wine is included with dinner at no additional fee)

:)I do have a specific question re: Vantage alcohol policy - will we be able to bring wine onboard for enjoying privately in our stateroom? (I am aware wine is included with dinner at no additional fee)
There is no inspection of luggage or hand carry at any time, so you can bring on anything you wish at any point including wine and liquor. I assume that taking your own bottle to the lounge where they sell drinks would be frowned on.

Thom

:)

I do have a specific question re: Vantage alcohol policy - will we be able to bring wine onboard for enjoying privately in our stateroom? (I am aware wine is included with dinner at no additional fee)

As others have confirmed, you can bring anything on board and drink it in your cabin. Different river cruise lines have different rules about bringing your own bottle into the dining room (most allow it with perhaps a minimal corkage fee -- AMA doesn't charge any corkage) or the lounge (I think most frown on it or charge corkage). But since the wine waiter will top up your glass of "free" wine as you leave the dining room, appearing in the lounge with a glass of wine will not raise any eyebrows ;)

as others have confirmed, you can bring anything on board and drink it in your cabin. Different river cruise lines have different rules about bringing your own bottle into the dining room (most allow it with perhaps a minimal corkage fee -- ama doesn't charge any corkage) or the lounge (i think most frown on it or charge corkage). But since the wine waiter will top up your glass of "free" wine as you leave the dining room, appearing in the lounge with a glass of wine will not raise any eyebrows ;)

:) ;)

Edited by CPT Trips

BON VOYAGE!! We've taken the first half of that cruise and it was WONDERFUL! Would love to have taken it all the way to Bucharest! You will love the Vantage riverboats--we particularly enjoyed the sail through Germany. Enjoy!!

BON VOYAGE!! We've taken the first half of that cruise and it was WONDERFUL! Would love to have taken it all the way to Bucharest! You will love the Vantage riverboats--we particularly enjoyed the sail through Germany. Enjoy!!

Forgot to add that we are doing the post-extension to Transylvania, so, yes, of course Dracula has been loaded onto our e-readers as homework. :p

Forgot to add that we are doing the post-extension to Transylvania, so, yes, of course Dracula has been loaded onto our e-readers as homework. :p

OK, you can bring wine on board -- not so sure about blood! [i vant to drink your b-l-o-o-d!]

I just noted something while checking baggage allowance and weight restrictions with our Vantage arranged airfare I've not seen before. Our Vantage arranged air was originally booked RT via KLM Airlines. The returning flight from Romania back to the USA had a 50 minute layover in Amsterdam, which was not acceptable to us, so I called to change it. We were rebooked for the return leg with Air France instead of KLM, so we are now KLM going, and Air France returning, like thus:

Departing flight: USA to Amsterdam via KLM Airlines (non stop)

Returning flight, Romania to Paris, then Paris to USA, both via Air France (four hour layover in Paris)

In checking the KLM website for baggage info, I noted that both of our flights are still listed, even though the return flight is clearly displayed as being with Air France. I'm completely stumped on why KLM would be displaying our Air France return flight info on their website. Of course, it only matters if we have any issues on our returning flight, but then it would matter a lot . . . as in, who would be responsible for resolving late/missed flight issues, or lost baggage - KLM or Air France?

Edit: Yep, I know I should call Vantage and ask them, but as many of you are probably painfully aware, getting a live person on the phone is a long, slow process . . .

Edited by Tamara2cruise

I just noted something while checking baggage allowance and weight restrictions with our Vantage arranged airfare I've not seen before. Our Vantage arranged air was originally booked RT via KLM Airlines. The returning flight from Romania back to the USA had a 50 minute layover in Amsterdam, which was not acceptable to us, so I called to change it. We were rebooked for the return leg with Air France instead of KLM, so we are now KLM going, and Air France returning, like thus:

Departing flight: USA to Amsterdam via KLM Airlines (non stop)

Returning flight, Romania to Paris, then Paris to USA, both via Air France (four hour layover in Paris)

In checking the KLM website for baggage info, I noted that both of our flights are still listed, even though the return flight is clearly displayed as being with Air France. I'm completely stumped on why KLM would be displaying our Air France return flight info on their website. Of course, it only matters if we have any issues on our returning flight, but then it would matter a lot . . . as in, who would be responsible for resolving late/missed flight issues, or lost baggage - KLM or Air France?

Edit: Yep, I know I should call Vantage and ask them, but as many of you are probably painfully aware, getting a live person on the phone is a long, slow process . . .

KLM and Air France are both members of the Sky Team Alliance meaning they work together and code share flights with all members of the alliance. This means that if you go to KLM's web site and book a flight with them you might actually be flying Air France under a KLM flight #. As for misplaced luggage, the carrier who lost it will be responsible for finding it. In the event of cancellations, the flight you're ticketed on (say Air France) will be rebooked by Air France either them or with another member of the alliance (say Delta). and FYI, KLM is fantastic!!!!

Edited by Hydrokitty