Choice Air or direct through United?

PreciousK

My questions, posted on CC has just been directed to this thread and I don't know if I'm in panic attack or not, but interesting reading and I'll keep reading. My situation is that I'm traveling next spring with relatives. This summer, I received an email "just thought I let you know we booked our flight last night". What !!! we hadn't talked about it!!! So now I'm faced with trying to get my flight booked and get on the same flights they are on. I started searching on my own and quickly gave up, called Cruise Air, gave them the airports, date, time, flight numbers and was very quickly booked on the same flights. They booked through one of the on-line travel sites. Then I called my TA, got my Cruise Air linked with my cruise and received a confirmation email showing all the information. We do have the same TA for the cruise. We shouldn't have any weather problems in May, but you never know. Now I wondering if something causes a hiccup in the plans, could we be redirected in different directions....I sure hope not.

It amazes me how a group of reasonably competent adults MUST travel together. I can understand not letting children or inexperienced young adults venture alone, but must groups be joined at the hip?

But, as I've always said....everyone has their own value judgments, and each is equally valid FOR THEMSELVES.

Spagirlnana,

Where are you going??????

Have you monitored your flights? For example, if you are flying Delta they just made massive schedule changes today (11/22). Legacy carriers like you surely booked change schedules, aircraft, seating etc from time to time.

You can check your itinerary on the airline's web site and if there are changes your Cruise Air may or may not be able to help. Call the airline first.

Good luck.

I don't know if I'm in panic attack or not, but.... I'm traveling next spring with relatives. This summer, I received an email "just thought I let you know we booked our flight last night". What !!! we hadn't talked about it!!! So now I'm faced with trying to get my flight booked and get on the same flights they are on..... Now I wondering if something causes a hiccup in the plans, could we be redirected in different directions....I sure hope not.

First, there is no real reason why you must be on the same exact flight, is there? I realize you've already booked at this point, but for future reference there is no need to panic, and no need to book the exact same flight as someone else. Heck, you might have even found a cheaper flight if you'd given yourself the option. Worst case scenario, you will get your own taxi to the hotel or port, which really isn't a big deal. :)

As for hiccups, yes it could happen. There could be a change to the flight, and you and your relatives get rebooked on different flights. If that happens, remember there is no need to panic, as long as you both get to your destination in time, don't stress over whether you're on the same exact flights or not. Enjoy your trip!